Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Thinking of moving to New Zealand

Thinking of moving to New Zealand

Old Jan 19th 2005, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

cooperman is on a distinguished road
Default Thinking of moving to New Zealand

Dear all,I have been a plasterer for 15 years in England but have no city and guilds etc,Can you do a self assessment to qualify, or anything else too apply for residency in New Zealand.How do you find the points system? Is this easy to get in?any help welcome
Old Jan 21st 2005, 7:18 pm

Lenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Thinking of moving to New Zealand

Originally Posted by cooperman
Dear all,I have been a plasterer for 15 years in England but have no city and guilds etc,Can you do a self assessment to qualify, or anything else too apply for residency in New Zealand.How do you find the points system? Is this easy to get in?any help welcome

Hi, i am a goldsmith with over 25 years in my trade and ran my own business for almost 20. I too do not have any certifications. I still got a 3 year work permit that was helped by my employer who also wrote a letter to help matters. It still took nearly a year due to the ever changing rules. We used a company to do our paperwork and they got it all sorted. They were a no win no fee type company. We were going to do it our self but after a failed attempt by an employer in the USA to do it them selves we decided to get real help. We got turned down for residency the first time and all we could get was a work permit. It is easier now i think than when we tried. I don't know if you have a job offer, but you really need to know what salary you will be getting. Its not as cheap to live here as you think and it rising all the time. Check out some of the older posts about the cost of living and not to mention the housing!!!!