Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

thinking of a move.Brickie and partner

thinking of a move.Brickie and partner

Old Mar 8th 2009, 11:51 pm
Just Joined

ennoyme is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile thinking of a move.Brickie and partner

Im a brickie and my partner is a care wrker but is willing to wrk anywhere in retail, and just wanted to know what the wrk situation is like out their and general info on relocating to New Zealand for a year or 2. Thanks for ur help.
Old Mar 10th 2009, 3:16 am
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: thinking of a move.Brickie and partner

Be very, very wary of job finding migration agencies offering visa services.
A brickie mate of mine was picked up by his "employer" from Aucks airport, to be told there was no job.
Went home after a year of illegal working.
Round here, byuilding has slowed and is still on the decline. We had the lowest number of building permit requests for January since ages ago.
Sorry can't be more helpful.
Old Mar 10th 2009, 6:28 am
Somewhere

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: thinking of a move.Brickie and partner

I agree. Construction here is dead or at best slow.

If you can find a job offer & have the NZ employer offer you a fixed term, full time contract for a year or two , then you should be able to apply for a temporary work visa. Your problem will be in finding that job offer at the moment.
Old Mar 10th 2009, 7:09 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: thinking of a move.Brickie and partner

Retail work is pretty easy to come by if you are flexible .

Building trade is slow but hopefully not for long, keep trying and eventually you'll get an offer.