Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Thinking it might be time to head home?

Thinking it might be time to head home?

Old Feb 20th 2012, 3:26 pm
Forum Regular

kiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud of
Default Re: Thinking it might be time to head home?

Originally Posted by BEVS

We are upon the 1st anniversary of that wretched quake which took her sister. I rather think that Kiwigirlinalain's thoughts are with her family at this time. Having gone through that, I would imagine she takes nothing much for granted having not long been bereaved.
Yes I guess that is true, I am reflecting on the anniversary of the quake, the loss of my sister and the perceived contribution my husband and I could make to our home city. But as you have said the rebuild will take many years so maybe we have time?

But it's not about you is it love. It's about how Kiwigirlinalain feels , having lost her sister in the quake and how she feels at this moment in time. Her thoughts , naturally , turn to her homeland & her family still here in NZ.

Last edited by BEVS; Feb 20th 2012 at 8:08 pm. Reason: qwowties
Old Feb 20th 2012, 3:27 pm
Forum Regular

kiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bellasmum
I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your sister and the only advice I can give you is listen to your heart.
Thanks
Old Feb 20th 2012, 9:15 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Thinking about you today Kiwigirlinalain. {{HUGS}}
Old Feb 20th 2012, 10:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

dannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
+1
Old Feb 21st 2012, 1:55 am
Forum Regular

SparkyGaz is just really niceSparkyGaz is just really niceSparkyGaz is just really niceSparkyGaz is just really niceSparkyGaz is just really niceSparkyGaz is just really niceSparkyGaz is just really niceSparkyGaz is just really niceSparkyGaz is just really niceSparkyGaz is just really nice

A tragic loss and very sad indeed, my heart goes out to you.
I guess the question you should ask yourself is, do you now feel tied to the city out of obligation to your sisters memory?
It sounds like you needed to be in NZ to give yourself some time to grieve and already played a huge part in the rebuild and that is an amazing achievement, you should be very proud......but if she was here, I'm sure your sister would be urging you to 'live your dreams'.......ultimately, you have to listen to what your heart tells you.
Old Feb 21st 2012, 7:46 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SparkyGaz
A tragic loss and very sad indeed, my heart goes out to you.
I guess the question you should ask yourself is, do you now feel tied to the city out of obligation to your sisters memory?
It sounds like you needed to be in NZ to give yourself some time to grieve and already played a huge part in the rebuild and that is an amazing achievement, you should be very proud......but if she was here, I'm sure your sister would be urging you to 'live your dreams'.......ultimately, you have to listen to what your heart tells you.
The above says it all. Do not come back here because you feel a sense of obligation. Come because you want to and don't want to live elsewhere any more. Chch will take a long time to rebuild and get back to being a completely normal city where earthquakes are nothing more than a mention in the history books. You have plenty of time to support the city but you should live your life as well and do what feels right for you and your family. Chch will need support for many years to come so there's no rush!

Thinking of you, I remember last year and how terrible it was to hear your sad news. It doesn't feel like a whole year has passed.
All the best,
Old Feb 24th 2012, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

http://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/new...Lesley-Thomson

My beautiful sister gone but not forgotten!
Old Feb 24th 2012, 3:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
Thank you for thinking of me! I really appreciate it. I am feeling better about things to day. I guess we will take things one day at a time. There is the fear of a war breaking out between Israel and Iran which will affect us so the decision may be made for us and we will be forced to go home which would not be such a bad thing I guess except I still haven't seen the pyramids! Too shaky in Egypt right now.
Old Feb 24th 2012, 7:22 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kiwigirlinalain
http://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/new...Lesley-Thomson

My beautiful sister gone but not forgotten!
She was very beautiful, you must miss her so much. She lives on in your heart & your thoughts.