Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

thinking of christchurch

thinking of christchurch

Old Apr 30th 2006, 6:45 am
  #1  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
Joshlin's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: our own home, chch
Posts: 812
Joshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond repute
Default thinking of christchurch

found this map today in a visitors guide - thought it could be useful to people wanting to locate the different suburbs in relation to the city centre and the beach etc
think it's gonna come out sideways but hopefully people will be able to save it and then rotate / zoom etc so that it's useful - if not, sorry
Vicki




if anyone finds this useful and wants a better version pm me your email address and I'll email it to you.

Last edited by Joshlin; Apr 30th 2006 at 6:49 am.
Joshlin is offline  
Old May 1st 2006, 2:27 am
  #2  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: Niagara Falls, Ontario
Posts: 248
CWEMM02 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: thinking of christchurch

Originally Posted by Joshlin
found this map today in a visitors guide - thought it could be useful to people wanting to locate the different suburbs in relation to the city centre and the beach etc
think it's gonna come out sideways but hopefully people will be able to save it and then rotate / zoom etc so that it's useful - if not, sorry
Vicki




if anyone finds this useful and wants a better version pm me your email address and I'll email it to you.
Why not just order a map from a vendor? We have a Kiwi Metromap here at home - Christchurch Visitor & Tourist Map. This map shows the whole of teh city with inserts of some of the surrounding burgs. It also has rings on the map for each Kilometer from the city centre. I mentioned in another post that we have used the map to locate houses for sale and rent, get the local school names and then look up the schools on the ministry of education webiste. We have used the map so much it has started to rip, so my OH has ordered a bound book of the whole country.
CWEMM02 is offline  
Old May 1st 2006, 5:06 am
  #3  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Location: Rangiora
Posts: 37
BobK will become famous soon enoughBobK will become famous soon enough
Default Re: thinking of christchurch

alternatively just use

http://www.multimap.co.nz

a wonderful website

this is a good starting link to the suburbs of Chch

http://www.multimap.co.nz/map/browse...x=292&down.y=6

cheers

Bob
BobK is offline  
Old May 1st 2006, 5:43 am
  #4  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: dunedin
Posts: 27
dunedindan will become famous soon enoughdunedindan will become famous soon enough
Default Re: thinking of christchurch

found this useful its a map of christchurch if you click on an area it shows more detail and the bus routes ( christchurch has one of the better bus services in nz)
http://www.metroinfo.org.nz/main.htm
dunedindan is offline  
Old May 1st 2006, 7:56 am
  #5  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
Joshlin's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: our own home, chch
Posts: 812
Joshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: thinking of christchurch

Originally Posted by dunedindan
found this useful its a map of christchurch if you click on an area it shows more detail and the bus routes ( christchurch has one of the better bus services in nz)
http://www.metroinfo.org.nz/main.htm
hey - thats a good one - nice and clear!
Vicki
Joshlin is offline  
Old May 1st 2006, 12:26 pm
  #6  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: Niagara Falls, Ontario
Posts: 248
CWEMM02 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: thinking of christchurch

Originally Posted by BobK
alternatively just use

http://www.multimap.co.nz

a wonderful website

this is a good starting link to the suburbs of Chch

http://www.multimap.co.nz/map/browse...x=292&down.y=6

cheers

Bob
The map doesn't give names of schools though as I looked at it.
CWEMM02 is offline  
Old May 2nd 2006, 1:30 am
  #7  
Susie..
 
Andrew Cross's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,531
Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: thinking of christchurch

Originally Posted by CWEMM02
The map doesn't give names of schools though as I looked at it.
This is helpful if its schools you want to look at...

http://www.chch.school.nz/

Sue
Andrew Cross is offline  
Old May 2nd 2006, 6:36 pm
  #8  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: Niagara Falls, Ontario
Posts: 248
CWEMM02 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: thinking of christchurch

Originally Posted by Andrew Cross
This is helpful if its schools you want to look at...

http://www.chch.school.nz/

Sue
This is excellent website, thanks for posting this.
CWEMM02 is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.