Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Think this could equate to whole of NZ and not just Welly

Think this could equate to whole of NZ and not just Welly

Old Jun 7th 2013, 7:53 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Think this could equate to whole of NZ and not just Welly

How Wellington works: the accordionist from my wife's band just told her to tell me to pass on to my dad that my brother is running late.
Old Jun 7th 2013, 8:12 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Think this could equate to whole of NZ and not just Welly

Wellington: Absolutely, positively incestuous banjo country.
Old Jun 7th 2013, 8:28 am
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Think this could equate to whole of NZ and not just Welly

Ha ha. My first job back in NZ after 24 years away was tutoring for a private training provider in Auckland. Our first day on the job and all us newbies sat round the table and introduced ourselves. When I gave out my name someone said "you're not Ian Hxxxx's daughter are you? Yes I am! Ha ha.
Old Jun 10th 2013, 5:06 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Some years ago whilst waiting for my residency to come through I decided to go on holiday to a little visited [and even less so now] Middle Eastern country without Mr S. Did an organised tour to make life easier and safer.

There were 6 in the group, one was a Kiwi and was on holiday without his fiancée. Turned out he lived in the city I was moving to and worked in a related job to myself so was able to advise me on employment possibilities. Ok, a fairly spooky coincidence to start with given where we were at the time and the fact the 6 of us were pretty much the only tourists around.

His fiancée also worked in the same large organisation Mr S did. So big that there was little chance they would know each other... So we thought! Anyway I was having trouble contacting Mr S so the Kiwi asked his fiancée to send a quick 'hi, Persephone's still alive' message through the company's internal email system.

Turned out Mr S and the Kiwi's fiancée were once a couple...
Yeah, that felt a bit weird for all concerned!!!

That's my small world/ everyone knows everyone in NZ anecdote!

Last edited by Persephone; Jun 10th 2013 at 5:09 pm.
Old Jun 10th 2013, 8:15 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Persephone
Turned out Mr S and the Kiwi's fiancée were once a couple...
Yeah, that felt a bit weird for all concerned!!!