Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Things you would never have done before you got to NZ - downbeat stuff

Old Jun 27th 2012, 7:02 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Things you would never have done before you got to NZ - downbeat stuff

Originally Posted by P18PPS
this is very entertaining

Being colder inside my house than out.
Old Jun 27th 2012, 7:04 am
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Things you would never have done before you got to NZ - downbeat stuff

Originally Posted by BEVS
Being colder inside my house than out.
Well get out and have a barbie.....
Old Jun 27th 2012, 7:15 am
`

Originally Posted by Stormer999
Well get out and have a barbie.....
Thing with that is , me fingers might drop off and be taken for chipolata's.

You do know you will get a slap one day , don't you.
Old Jun 27th 2012, 7:25 am

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Thing with that is , me fingers might drop off and be taken for chipolata's.

You do know you will get a slap one day , don't you.
Yes...it's the Welsh devil in me.....trouble is I can't run as fast any more.....more like can't run!

Hey how about an indoor barbie....keeps the oven clean and warms the house....
Old Jun 27th 2012, 7:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

I would never have spent so much time on the internet 'listening' to TOWINZ expats talking b0ll0ck$ about their happy ever after, endless summers and dreamy blue sky days at the beach.

I would never have been subjected to these Narnia type stories of folks that emigrated here for the less materialistic, simpler life; whilst simultaneously surrounding themselves with big boys toys and bragging about their big houses, spa pools, monster BBQs and Chelsea/ Remuera type tractors.
Old Jun 27th 2012, 8:39 am

Do you know you really do downbeat well BJ....
Old Jun 27th 2012, 8:49 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
I would never have spent so much time on the internet 'listening' to TOWINZ expats talking b0ll0ck$ about their happy ever after, endless summers and dreamy blue sky days at the beach.

I would never have been subjected to these Narnia type stories of folks that emigrated here for the less materialistic, simpler life; whilst simultaneously surrounding themselves with big boys toys and bragging about their big houses, spa pools, monster BBQs and Chelsea/ Remuera type tractors.
Haha
Old Jun 27th 2012, 10:41 am
`

Originally Posted by Stormer999
Do you know you really do downbeat well BJ....
We've been here a cynical while.
Old Jul 5th 2012, 1:04 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Hate being colder inside my house than outside, reminds me of staying at my Nan's house in the late '60's, early 70's.
Having a house with crying windows.
Owning a car that I will need to keep until it gives up the ghost.
Dicing with death on the roads of Auckland on a daily basis & accepting that as being the 'norm'.
Not being able to find any decent clothes in the shops.
Given up being a midwife, cos the maternity system stinks.
Not owning a hamster because they don't have them
Old Jul 5th 2012, 1:47 am

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
Hate being colder inside my house than outside, reminds me of staying at my Nan's house in the late '60's, early 70's.
Having a house with crying windows.
Owning a car that I will need to keep until it gives up the ghost.
Dicing with death on the roads of Auckland on a daily basis & accepting that as being the 'norm'.
Not being able to find any decent clothes in the shops.
Given up being a midwife, cos the maternity system stinks.
Not owning a hamster because they don't have them
My house is warmer than outisde
ive been buying loads of clothes from Pagani lately love that shop

Last edited by love30stm; Jul 5th 2012 at 3:45 am.
Old Jul 5th 2012, 1:51 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by love30stm
My house is watmer than outisde
Did I happen to mention that I've just come back from Aitutaki
Old Jul 5th 2012, 3:45 am

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
Did I happen to mention that I've just come back from Aitutaki

Lucky you! i take it you had a good time! my holiday this year will be the uk
Old Jul 5th 2012, 3:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Caz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond repute

Just googled it - looks interesting! may have to track one down and check it out!
Old Jul 5th 2012, 3:57 am

Originally Posted by Caz8NZ
Just googled it - looks interesting! may have to track one down and check it out!
just put some more stuff on laybuy
couldnt help myself wanted something new for next weekend as im going to Napier for a girls weekend
Old Jul 5th 2012, 4:18 am
Account Closed

just put some more stuff on laybuy
couldnt help myself wanted something new for next weekend as im going to Napier for a girls weekend
But most of the stuff is black or grey & made for the skinny Always happy to know that some people are able to get clothes they like though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.