Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Things you would never have done before you got to NZ - downbeat stuff

Things you would never have done before you got to NZ - downbeat stuff

Old Jun 26th 2012, 11:45 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Things you would never have done before you got to NZ - downbeat stuff

Originally Posted by Stormer999
Flown 12.000 miles to read a bucketful of posts from whingeing poms...
Originally Posted by hazeandsteve
There's plenty of people that couldn't get work years ago, regardless of desire. I've certainly been poorer and colder than I am here.
For heavens sake. Enough !

I had hoped the purpose of splitting the thread would be understood & respected. Clearly not , which has given me the grumbles.
So. To be clear. People will not rain on the parade of the 'upbeat' thread for reasons which I have stated on that thread .That same fairness applies to this thread too. Do not seek to denigrate what others have chosen to write here.
Old Jun 26th 2012, 7:27 pm
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Things you would never have done before you got to NZ - downbeat stuff

Originally Posted by BEVS

I had hoped the purpose of splitting the thread would be understood & respected. Clearly not , which has given me the grumbles.
So. To be clear. People will not rain on the parade of the 'upbeat' thread for reasons which I have stated on that thread .That same fairness applies to this thread too. Do not seek to denigrate what others have chosen to write here.
You said downbeat you got downbeat! stop trying to spoil our downbeat by moaning !!
Old Jun 26th 2012, 8:51 pm

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

agree with you. ive wrote on here and the other thread and people who moan about us winging poms do not know what problems we have been through in NZ so they can shut it.
Old Jun 26th 2012, 9:31 pm

P18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond repute

this is very entertaining
Old Jun 26th 2012, 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by P18PPS
this is very entertaining
better than Eastenders
Old Jun 26th 2012, 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by P18PPS
Though I have been made redundant twice in the UK, it's never happened here, however the financial quality of life in NZ is far lower than that of the UK, and with 4 children it is definitely a problematic issue.... you can rant on about the quality of life over here for kids - which is fantastic - however we have reached our peak and are moving on....

good luck to those that live it out! we shall be back no doubt at some point in the future, but "greener" (??!) pastures call for the immediate future.
well your lucky you can afford to move on? where you going to btw?
Old Jun 26th 2012, 10:14 pm
`

Originally Posted by Stormer999
You said downbeat you got downbeat! stop trying to spoil our downbeat by moaning
Further posts to jump on the 'downbeat' posts in this specific 'downbeat' thread which was started to help the 'upbeat' posters, will perhaps be moved to clog up the original thread , which I spent some time farting about with yesterday & then renamed the 'upbeat' thread to ensure it would not get clogged by the 'downbeat' posts thereby hacking off the 'upbeat' posters who wish to enjoy their 'upbeaty' posts without having to view 'downbeaty' posts , which have been given this place to huddle in peace also

Yeh.
Old Jun 26th 2012, 10:21 pm
Forum Regular

Miss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud of

Driving a clapped out car and fearing for my life on a daily basis when 'taking on' Auckland drivers :-o
Old Jun 26th 2012, 10:49 pm

Being subjected to seeing Males in shorts and gumboots
Crap Drivers who dont know what indicators are for
Rugby Rugby Rugby!!!!
Crap Tv
expensive everthing!
Old Jun 26th 2012, 11:01 pm
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

Having to import car parts to get them for less than double the UK prices.
Then getting screwed for GST and duty at customs.
Old Jun 27th 2012, 12:35 am

P18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond repute

the desert ....
Old Jun 27th 2012, 2:34 am

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Further posts to jump on the 'downbeat' posts in this specific 'downbeat' thread which was started to help the 'upbeat' posters, will perhaps be moved to clog up the original thread , which I spent some time farting about with yesterday & then renamed the 'upbeat' thread to ensure it would not get clogged by the 'downbeat' posts thereby hacking off the 'upbeat' posters who wish to enjoy their 'upbeaty' posts without having to view 'downbeaty' posts , which have been given this place to huddle in peace also

Yeh.
Cool.. Is that Kiwi speak...
Old Jun 27th 2012, 5:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Whats to moan about its all lovely
Old Jun 27th 2012, 6:29 am

Originally Posted by Justcol
Whats to moan about its all lovely
Bet she dosn't miss that slurr.....
Old Jun 27th 2012, 7:01 am
`

Sigh.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.