British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Things you would never have done before you got to NZ - downbeat stuff (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/things-you-would-never-have-done-before-you-got-nz-downbeat-stuff-762878/)

BEVS Jun 26th 2012 12:45 pm

Re: Things you would never have done before you got to NZ - downbeat stuff

Originally Posted by Stormer999 (Post 10139135)
Flown 12.000 miles to read a bucketful of posts from whingeing poms...

Originally Posted by hazeandsteve
There's plenty of people that couldn't get work years ago, regardless of desire. I've certainly been poorer and colder than I am here.

For heavens sake. Enough !

I had hoped the purpose of splitting the thread would be understood & respected. Clearly not , which has given me the grumbles.
So. To be clear. People will not rain on the parade of the 'upbeat' thread for reasons which I have stated on that thread .That same fairness applies to this thread too. Do not seek to denigrate what others have chosen to write here.

Stormer999 Jun 26th 2012 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 10139733)

I had hoped the purpose of splitting the thread would be understood & respected. Clearly not , which has given me the grumbles.
So. To be clear. People will not rain on the parade of the 'upbeat' thread for reasons which I have stated on that thread .That same fairness applies to this thread too. Do not seek to denigrate what others have chosen to write here.

You said downbeat you got downbeat! stop trying to spoil our downbeat by moaning !!;)

love30stm Jun 26th 2012 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 10139733)

agree with you. ive wrote on here and the other thread and people who moan about us winging poms do not know what problems we have been through in NZ so they can shut it. :frown:

P18PPS Jun 26th 2012 10:31 pm

this is very entertaining

love30stm Jun 26th 2012 10:55 pm

Originally Posted by P18PPS (Post 10140814)
this is very entertaining

better than Eastenders ;):lol:

love30stm Jun 26th 2012 10:59 pm

Originally Posted by P18PPS (Post 10139303)
Though I have been made redundant twice in the UK, it's never happened here, however the financial quality of life in NZ is far lower than that of the UK, and with 4 children it is definitely a problematic issue.... you can rant on about the quality of life over here for kids - which is fantastic - however we have reached our peak and are moving on....

good luck to those that live it out! we shall be back no doubt at some point in the future, but "greener" (??!) pastures call for the immediate future.

well your lucky you can afford to move on? where you going to btw?

BEVS Jun 26th 2012 11:14 pm

Originally Posted by Stormer999 (Post 10140591)
You said downbeat you got downbeat! stop trying to spoil our downbeat by moaning

Further posts to jump on the 'downbeat' posts in this specific 'downbeat' thread which was started to help the 'upbeat' posters, will perhaps be moved to clog up the original thread :sneaky: , which I spent some time farting about with yesterday & then renamed the 'upbeat' thread to ensure it would not get clogged by the 'downbeat' posts thereby hacking off the 'upbeat' posters who wish to enjoy their 'upbeaty' posts without having to view 'downbeaty' posts , which have been given this place to huddle in peace also

Yeh.

Miss Nic Jun 26th 2012 11:21 pm

Driving a clapped out car and fearing for my life on a daily basis when 'taking on' Auckland drivers :-o

love30stm Jun 26th 2012 11:49 pm

Being subjected to seeing Males in shorts and gumboots :lol:
Crap Drivers who dont know what indicators are for
Rugby Rugby Rugby!!!!
Crap Tv
expensive everthing!

RobClubley Jun 27th 2012 12:01 am

Having to import car parts to get them for less than double the UK prices.
Then getting screwed for GST and duty at customs.

P18PPS Jun 27th 2012 1:35 am

the desert ....

Stormer999 Jun 27th 2012 3:34 am

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 10140895)
Further posts to jump on the 'downbeat' posts in this specific 'downbeat' thread which was started to help the 'upbeat' posters, will perhaps be moved to clog up the original thread :sneaky: , which I spent some time farting about with yesterday & then renamed the 'upbeat' thread to ensure it would not get clogged by the 'downbeat' posts thereby hacking off the 'upbeat' posters who wish to enjoy their 'upbeaty' posts without having to view 'downbeaty' posts , which have been given this place to huddle in peace also

Yeh.

Cool..:thumbup: Is that Kiwi speak...:p

Justcol Jun 27th 2012 6:11 am

Whats to moan about its all lovely

Stormer999 Jun 27th 2012 7:29 am

Originally Posted by Justcol (Post 10141299)
Whats to moan about its all lovely

Bet she dosn't miss that slurr.....:D

BEVS Jun 27th 2012 8:01 am

Sigh.