Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Things you really wished you packed or brought with you

Things you really wished you packed or brought with you

Old Jan 26th 2014, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

Helen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to all
Talking Things you really wished you packed or brought with you

Carrying on with the theme... (sort of), are there thing you now wish they had packed?
Stuff you thought you wouldn't need but, upon arriving, were gutted you didn't have?
(I'm currently starting to pack up our house!!)
Old Jan 26th 2014, 8:54 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Things you really wished you packed or brought with you

An entire quality flat pack kitchen.
Old Jan 26th 2014, 9:08 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

My Dyson

And bookshelves.

And jeans-I find it hard to find petite sizes in NZ and don't want the hassle of turning them up
Old Jan 26th 2014, 9:09 pm
wish I wasn't here!

Sparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond repute

Everything in Ikea! Miss it a lot and always visit a store when in Aussie
Old Jan 26th 2014, 9:23 pm
Forum Regular

Helen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to all

Hehe, love it! My Dyson is definitely coming with us!

Thank you for the heads up on ikea... what's it's like for DIY paraphernalia? We are both hands on types. I have a dream of doing stuff with drift wood too...

Also bought some Le Creuset (sp?) for our induction hob here. Think they're coming with us too.

After that; it's just clothes, tools and hobby things. Happy days!

...would it be weird to stockpile my favourite washing powder/fabric softener?
Old Jan 26th 2014, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

Also... Bevs, A whole kitchen? We did ours ourselves here and its only just dawned on me how lucky I am it's so beautiful. Might tAlk to hubby about bringing essential elements over with us in the future. Plotting something here
Old Jan 26th 2014, 9:29 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Helen256
Hehe, love it! My Dyson is definitely coming with us!
Upright vacuums are much less common and much more expensive

...would it be weird to stockpile my favourite washing powder/fabric softener?
Yes
Old Jan 26th 2014, 9:33 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Persephone
Upright vacuums are much less common and much more expensive

Very glad hubby made the decision to get ours. Current flat Hoover's in ten minutes. Glorious.

Yes
But it makes me smell like strawberries!!Yummy!
Old Jan 26th 2014, 9:43 pm
Account Closed

Tom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura about

Sofas
Fridge Freezer
Washing Machine
Tumble Dryer
Both beds
Television
Dining Table
Dining Chairs
Coffee Table
Bedroom Draws
500 tins of 50 year long lasting Paint
Bikes
The Car
Aerial or Persil washing tablets
My electric guitar
Our lawn mower
Our dyson
Our steam wallcleaner
Old Jan 26th 2014, 9:54 pm
wish I wasn't here!

Sparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond repute

Yes bring soap powder, can only buy biological powders in British shops and cost an absolute fortune. The stuff you buy here tuns all your white stuff a dirty shade of grey, even though I use those whitening powders
Old Jan 26th 2014, 10:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sparkleydiva
Yes bring soap powder, can only buy biological powders in British shops and cost an absolute fortune. The stuff you buy here tuns all your white stuff a dirty shade of grey, even though I use those whitening powders
I knew there was an excuse for it somewhere!! Hooray!

Tom... my goodness. So; everything?
Old Jan 26th 2014, 10:21 pm
`

Um. Yes. Everything and more .
Old Jan 26th 2014, 10:38 pm
Account Closed

Tom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Helen256
I knew there was an excuse for it somewhere!! Hooray!

Tom... my goodness. So; everything?
Pretty much yes

I am so envy of Australia having an Ikea - it won't come here because it'll murder any competition in the country. The owners say its a lack of demand, more than likely it's because the competition commission would have seen their prices and think noooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's a company here that apparently order Ikea products and sell it on. I had a look at a sofa on sale for $595 AUD and in Britain - 300GBP. Here with this company, $1,495.00 - to note $1,495.00 is actually cheap in this country

I recommend you take a look at Farmers, The Warehouse and Smith City to get an idea of what sort of costs you'll be looking at furniture wise. You'll soon realise that the decision to come over with nothing and rent fully furnished places would heavily backfire on you! Unless you can cope buying everything second hand. Without being too rude, I really don't want to have a second hand bed - knowing that the previous owners have more than likely got up to mischievous activities.

Plus, unfurnished properties are more obtainable and generally more affordable than funished properties.
Old Jan 27th 2014, 1:06 am
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
An entire quality flat pack kitchen.
I have just finished installing the Oz Kaboodle flat-pack in Country White....excellent car-case quality and soft close hinges, and used a Parmco underfloor extractor that ducts downwards I built into the GIB wall. Sanded back the Rimu floor and varnished...excellent
Old Jan 27th 2014, 1:08 am
`

I'm sure it's smashin' and looks great and I mean that.

Thing is - the price.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.