things you notice

Old Sep 13th 2014, 6:16 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: things you notice

Originally Posted by lisamct
Totally opposite with me, I'm fed up hearing about the freakin' election, its all anyone is talking about!
I get so sick of people moaning about elections. This is your civil duty as a good citizen.

All society asks is that you take the time to consider pressing issues, listen to the ideas of those running for public offices, vote according to your own rational judgement then show the respect and courtesy due to the great men and women who occupy those offices.

What you get in return is a group of hard working professionals who set policy, draft acts, act in positions of accountability as heads of departments, attend debates and engage their local constituents. Despite its diminutive size New Zealanders enjoys a uniquely privileged status as a very advanced country in liberality, economic opportunity, education, environmental preservation, culture and arts to name a few.

We know that we also have improvements to make in these and other areas because we are informed, the first step towards rectifying existing issues is acknowledging there are pressing problems exist.

We have enjoyed the stewardship and guidance of a great many very talented people as MPs and PMs. We should aspire to encourage people in these position and encourage people to aspire to these positions. People who can bring new ideas, cultivate new models of working, make difficult decisions...and be revered for their insight and accomplishments.

Being a good citizen is not always easy, issues are complex and multi-faceted but we cannot not shy away from understanding or discussing them if we are to maintain our privileged position.

Enough?
Old Sep 13th 2014, 7:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Woodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: things you notice

Well said that man
Old Sep 14th 2014, 1:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

TV and radio presenters that can't talk proper, like what I do.

It took a while to sink in but I got there eventually; of course everyone knows a cheee-who-a-whoo-a is little dog, like what Paris Hilton carries around in her handbag.
Old Sep 14th 2014, 5:59 am
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

A motorcycle ride from Chch to Nelson and back and not one single traffic queue......
Old Sep 17th 2014, 1:51 am
Forum Regular

Bumptious is just really niceBumptious is just really niceBumptious is just really niceBumptious is just really niceBumptious is just really niceBumptious is just really niceBumptious is just really niceBumptious is just really nice

How wide the provincial town roads are compared to the narrow ones in UK. (well my mum noticed it when visiting and she lives in Berkshire).

When I first emigrated here in 1987 thought it was very strange to have the radio playing music in the bank.
Old Sep 17th 2014, 2:44 am
Account Closed

MrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Blade Down Under
A huge car bulb shortage in this country

Well indicator car bulb especially
Thats is hilarious! my other half goes potty everytime we drive at dusk .... car light bulbs are in severe shortage down here in Ashburton !
Old Sep 17th 2014, 2:50 am
Account Closed

MrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by BEVS
Really rather a lot of 'orrible feet walking about the place. some not so very clean due to waling around unshod.

One chap thought he could bring his into my house. Nopes ! Here's a pair of socks before you bring those mingers in here matey.
Old Sep 17th 2014, 3:23 am
Forum Regular

S_and_T is a jewel in the roughS_and_T is a jewel in the roughS_and_T is a jewel in the roughS_and_T is a jewel in the roughS_and_T is a jewel in the rough

Another thing. What is it with these young lads with short hair and what looks like a rat's tail hanging from the back or a few wispy feathery bits.

Is it a cultural/socio-economic thing? Don't get me wrong, I had a hairstyle in the 80s that makes me cringe looking back....
Old Sep 17th 2014, 8:24 am

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by S_and_T
Another thing. What is it with these young lads with short hair and what looks like a rat's tail hanging from the back or a few wispy feathery bits.
Or the 'new style' of having a skinny little pony tail coming from their crown, slightly off centre. WTAF
Old Sep 17th 2014, 8:35 am

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bumptious
When I first emigrated here in 1987 thought it was very strange to have the radio playing music in the bank.

since arriving in 2011 the radio playing in the bank, .................and on the bus, and the post office, cd's being played at the doctor's waiting room. I went for a job interview, and I had to ask the guy interviewing me to turn the radio down. Which he did, by one millimetre, reluctantly.

I've yet to work in an office in NZ where there isn't a radio on (I sometimes wonder if it's part of their terms and conditions.) Oh, and people have headphones too. So why does the radio have to be on ?

I couldn't believe it when I visited a school when I did voluntary work with old people (the kids at the school had been practising their songs for them to sing when the old folk visited) and the radio/cd's was playing loud in the playground during the kids playtime !

What is it with these New Zealanders and constant noise ?

Last edited by Snap Shot; Sep 17th 2014 at 8:40 am. Reason: calm down dear !
Old Sep 17th 2014, 11:28 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

The radio thing puzzles me also.
Catteries here play the radio to the boarded cats. I can't think what gets into the cats that they need to listen to a radio when they wouldn't in their own home.
If cattery owners feel the need to go down that road then go the whole hog. Individual smart paw touch tv's showing programmes of small animals and birds might hold their attention better .
Old Sep 17th 2014, 7:18 pm
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting...
Which shops play the most annoying background music? | Which? Conversation
You can start up a NZ "Pipedown" group I will happily join. We used to get it piped down the telephone whilst waiting and waiting for service. Usually Greensleeves
Factories used to play workers playtime over the tannoy systems many years ago.
Old Sep 17th 2014, 9:41 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

The 2 posts are about indiscriminate use of the radio in odd places, as opposed to piped elevator music used to fill 'nothing' moments or help with monotonous tasks. .
HTH

A cat doesn't need to hear a radio to give it company . However a parrot may benefit.
Someone in a bank doesn't need to battle the local radio station to make themselves heard .

Here is one on the headphone theme Snapshot.
Tradeworkers on building sites like their radios LOUD. Radios on bulding sites are not allowed.
So , they whang up the van radios full blast to shake the neighbouring buildings. Sports or Talkback is the preferred station of choice. Then they done their industrial trade earmufflers and start with the power tools.

Even Mr BEVS finds it mentals.
Old Sep 18th 2014, 8:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Chocolate Santas are out in Farmers

Haribos have finally gone mainstream in NZ and are advertising on telly - whoop, whoop hope we get Jelly Babies