Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

THINGS WORTH BRINGING FROM UK

THINGS WORTH BRINGING FROM UK

Old Aug 8th 2008, 5:07 pm
Forum Regular

PHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to behold
Default THINGS WORTH BRINGING FROM UK

Does anyone recommend bringing anything from uk that is hard to get hold of or is very expensive in N.Z.
It could be Furniture, electrical or plumbing or anything that will fit in container.
Old Aug 8th 2008, 5:11 pm
Forum Regular

Soppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud of
Default Re: THINGS WORTH BRINGING FROM UK

We're making the move at the end of the month and are taking everything. My sister went out in Jan 06 and said for us to take everything. They didn't drain their dishwasher in time so had to leave it and they ended up buying a budget make dishwasher at high-end prices. Although I suppose you need to make sure with appliances that you can have them fixed in NZ if they need it. Our appliances are Bosch and we know they can be fixed but not sure about makes such as Hotpoint, Creda, etc.
Old Aug 8th 2008, 11:52 pm

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Soppydot4
We're making the move at the end of the month and are taking everything. My sister went out in Jan 06 and said for us to take everything. They didn't drain their dishwasher in time so had to leave it and they ended up buying a budget make dishwasher at high-end prices. Although I suppose you need to make sure with appliances that you can have them fixed in NZ if they need it. Our appliances are Bosch and we know they can be fixed but not sure about makes such as Hotpoint, Creda, etc.
Mobile Phones are expensive here compared to the Uk....but bring everything, most things are a lot expensive there...

Oh and good Bicycles they are so expensive here also...

but bring everthing...you can always sell it if you dont want them

oh and a lawnmower my husband just shouted out lol!!! we ended up paying out for one as we have a huge garden

wish we could have brought paint ,so expensive here

hope that helps any other questions e mail me

still love it though
Old Aug 9th 2008, 1:24 am
Forum Regular

Divine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really nice

Good quality shoes, books, quality clothes . Laptops seem expensive too.
Old Aug 9th 2008, 4:01 am
lionheart

howden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to all

Hi

We brought pretty much everything, except lawnmower. If I knew then what I know now I would have brought more and would have stocked up on some other items.

Tights/stockings/knee highs if you wear them, even occasionally - extremely expensive.

Underwear and socks.

Bedding is also quite expensive as are good quality towels - but frequently on sale.

hope this helps

Pauline
Old Aug 9th 2008, 6:42 am
Forum Regular

PHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for all replys. If you can add to the list post here.
Thank you

Tony & Mandy
Old Aug 9th 2008, 6:48 am

Originally Posted by howden40
Hi

We brought pretty much everything, except lawnmower. If I knew then what I know now I would have brought more and would have stocked up on some other items.

Tights/stockings/knee highs if you wear them, even occasionally - extremely expensive.

Underwear and socks.

Bedding is also quite expensive as are good quality towels - but frequently on sale.

hope this helps

Pauline

There are Good shoes from number 1 shoes, and they have frequent sales, the bedding is not that expensive from briscoes in the sales and better quality!

I find underwear and tights affordable..... and some of the clothes depends if you wear designer gear well thats expensive in the UK, and I was never a fan of chavs...lol

Wallpaper is miles overpriced and i thought Laura Ashley was expensive.....so if you want to wallpaper bring it with you...

Old Aug 9th 2008, 6:55 am
Forum Regular

mkumar is an unknown quantity at this point

Phones & laptops are expensive.

Sat navs are expensive too - maybe check how much a NZ card costs.

Bring some multi socket extension leads, with one NZ adapter plug, and save yourself the cost of changing the plugs over.
Old Aug 9th 2008, 6:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Margaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by love30stm
Mobile Phones are expensive here compared to the Uk....but bring everything, most things are a lot expensive there...

wish we could have brought paint ,so expensive here

still love it though

I don't think you are allowed to bring paint.

June
Old Aug 9th 2008, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by Margaret Parkinson

June
I know your not allowed to bring paint!!!!

I was just saying I wish we could have......
Old Aug 9th 2008, 5:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Margaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by love30stm
I know your not allowed to bring paint!!!!

I was just saying I wish we could have......
Sorry did not read your message properly:embaressed_smile:

June
Old Aug 9th 2008, 6:40 pm
Just Joined

alscott76 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well i play golf and altho its really cheap to play and the courses are awesome, the gear is expensive. Clothing is dated, Balls are over priced Pro V £40 were in the uk £30 club are the same.. depends were u are going to live
Old Aug 9th 2008, 11:30 pm

Originally Posted by alscott76
Well i play golf and altho its really cheap to play and the courses are awesome, the gear is expensive. Clothing is dated, Balls are over priced Pro V £40 were in the uk £30 club are the same.. depends were u are going to live
Well i just wear my normal clothes, and hire equipment, then again Im not a golfer ,,,,only play for a laugh sometimes....lol

and never played golf btw until I came here

maybe I should take up Bungee Jumping next...
Old Aug 10th 2008, 6:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Margaret Parkinson

June
Why won't they let you bring paint in?
Old Aug 10th 2008, 9:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by j19fmm
Why won't they let you bring paint in?
Its because it is classed as a hazardous material.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.