Things to plan

Old Jan 25th 2007, 8:03 am
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Things to plan

So we have decide to go for it and apply for PR

What do we need to plan for?

So far:

House sale

Translate marriage cert.

Birth certs

Passports

Charlie to get CV sorted

Quals to be verified

Charlie to register with NZ trade body

Charlie to get a job offer

Medicals

Police checks

Quotes for movers

Flights

Schools

Place to stay

Banks/Insurances ect.

Sell car and all belongings not going with us

Rabbits to be re-homed

What have I missed you kind lot
Old Jan 25th 2007, 8:34 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Things to plan

Originally Posted by Jack The Lad
So we have decide to go for it and apply for PR

What do we need to plan for?

So far:

House sale

Translate marriage cert.

Birth certs

Passports

Charlie to get CV sorted

Quals to be verified

Charlie to register with NZ trade body

Charlie to get a job offer

Medicals

Police checks

Quotes for movers

Flights

Schools

Place to stay

Banks/Insurances ect.

Sell car and all belongings not going with us

Rabbits to be re-homed

What have I missed you kind lot
Job for Jack!
Old Jan 25th 2007, 8:36 am
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karonious
Job for Jack!
Old Jan 25th 2007, 8:58 am
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Job for Jack!
Nah. Im living the life of luxury
Old Jan 25th 2007, 9:11 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Nah. Im living the life of luxury

Are the kids immunisations up to date? And remember to take their 'jab books' with you.
Get your GP to write a brief medical history - ours charged £10.00 for all 3 of us - as they will not send your full medical history.
Take your no claims/car insurance/house ins documents with you.
Some kind of reference for rental purposes to prove you can pay ie from your bank re mortgage of from your landlord.
Old Jan 25th 2007, 2:43 pm

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point

Get your GP to write a brief medical history - ours charged £10.00 for all 3 of us - as they will not send your full medical history.
thats mad! they're your bodies!!
Old Jan 25th 2007, 2:46 pm

cancellation of cards/schemes/clubs/papers
inland revenue/child benefits
medical/dental records
house insurance/building insurance if you leave house empty (thanks steve!)
transfer insurance on goods you might have taken out
mail redirection
plan your leaving party, transport to airport, suitcases, final tour of uk
inform your utilities providers
tv licence - switch to quarterly DD (another one of steve's!)
Old Jan 25th 2007, 2:50 pm
Banned

Thank you very much
Old Jan 25th 2007, 4:00 pm
Forum Regular

DiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to all

Thank you very much
I have just spent most of my day at work photocopying all of the previously mentioned items. TWICE!!! I am so paraniod that we may misplace items/ship the wrong stuff/have bag stolen in tranist that I have made 2 copies of everything. A second copy to have with us separate from the originals and a set to leave here with parents just in case.

Seriously I think this emigration business has sent me loopy! But better to be safe than sorry I suppose!! I am taking no chances!

Is anybody else this crazed about being organised!
Old Jan 25th 2007, 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by DiffordA
I have just spent most of my day at work photocopying all of the previously mentioned items. TWICE!!! I am so paraniod that we may misplace items/ship the wrong stuff/have bag stolen in tranist that I have made 2 copies of everything. A second copy to have with us separate from the originals and a set to leave here with parents just in case.

Seriously I think this emigration business has sent me loopy! But better to be safe than sorry I suppose!! I am taking no chances!

Is anybody else this crazed about being organised!
did the same - we didnt have access to a photocopier so scanned everything off and went through 2 ink cartridges printing it all off!
Old Jan 25th 2007, 4:12 pm
Forum Regular

DiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to all

Originally Posted by dreamfish
did the same - we didnt have access to a photocopier so scanned everything off and went through 2 ink cartridges printing it all off!
I bet, I just hope my bosses have no way of checking how many copies have gone through the machine in one day!

They are pretty reasonable to be fair so I should be OK!

Nice to know I am not the only one anyway! It has been playing on my mind for so long now it feels good to be getting through it!
Old Jan 25th 2007, 4:25 pm
Banned

Well I have just dropped off our Spanish language marriage cert to be translated. Luckily the company is based near to us and I could drop it in by hand. Cool

Now to get my passport re-newed.
Old Jan 25th 2007, 5:33 pm
Just Joined

Enfield has a brilliant futureEnfield has a brilliant futureEnfield has a brilliant futureEnfield has a brilliant futureEnfield has a brilliant futureEnfield has a brilliant futureEnfield has a brilliant future

Hi Guys,
A bit further down the line I would also think about the things to really want ship out here we sold lots of stuff and bought new when we got here - We had quite good furniture in the Uk, sold it for a good price then got 3-1 exchange rate which let us buy new out here. Also you don't have to pay for the shipping and worry about damage in transit. If you want us to price anything up out here for you no problem.

Again way down the line but ASB Bank have a branch in London so we got an account before we left so the day I got here I went into the local branch and was up and going staight away.

Just thinking I hope you get through the Police check ok ha ha ha

Cheers

Darren
Old Jan 25th 2007, 6:12 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Enfield
Hi Guys,
A bit further down the line I would also think about the things to really want ship out here we sold lots of stuff and bought new when we got here - We had quite good furniture in the Uk, sold it for a good price then got 3-1 exchange rate which let us buy new out here. Also you don't have to pay for the shipping and worry about damage in transit. If you want us to price anything up out here for you no problem.

Again way down the line but ASB Bank have a branch in London so we got an account before we left so the day I got here I went into the local branch and was up and going staight away.

Just thinking I hope you get through the Police check ok ha ha ha

Cheers

Darren
Hi Darren. I think we are going to bring most things with us. We will be getting a container anyway so we may as well fill it

Do you think my previous with weapons will go against me then?

Old Jan 25th 2007, 6:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light

Go to the Dentist before you go and get anything you need doing...fillings, check up, dentists are expensive here

Also if any of you wear glasses...depending on age of them, get a new pair, they are also pricey and not the range of specs here

If any of you take any prescribed medicine get a couple of months prescriptions as then you dont have to worry about finding a doctor straight away, you have other things that you can do first, then when more settled you can find a doctor

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.