Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Things my Mother taught me

Things my Mother taught me

Old Jul 3rd 2007, 9:41 am
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Things my Mother taught me

I OWE MY MOTHER:

1. My mother taught me TO APPRECIATE A JOB WELL DONE - "If you're going to kill each other, do it outside. I just finished cleaning."
2. My mother taught me RELIGION - "You better pray that this will come out of the carpet."
3. My mother taught me about TIME TRAVEL - "If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!"
4. My mother taught me LOGIC - " Because I said so, that's why."
5. My mother taught me MORE LOGIC - "If you fall out of that swing and break your neck, you're not going to the store with me."
6. My mother taught me FORESIGHT - "Make sure you wear clean underwear, in case you're in an accident."
7. My mother taught me IRONY - "Keep crying, and I'll give you something to cry about."
8. My mother taught me about the science of OSMOSIS - "Shut your mouth and eat your supper."
9. My mother taught me about CONTORT IONISM - "Will you look at that dirt on the back of your neck!"
10. My mother taught me about STAMINA - "You'll sit there until all that spinach is gone."
11. My mother taught me about WEATHER - "This room of yours looks as if a tornado went through it."
12. My mother taught me about HYPERBOLE - "If I told you once, I've told you a million times. Don't exaggerate!"
13. My mother taught me the CIRCLE OF LIFE - "I brought you into this world, and I can take you out."
14. My mother taught me about BEHAVIOR MODIFICATION - "Stop acting like your father!"
15 My mother taught me about ENVY - "There are millions of less fortunate children in this world who don't have wonderful parents like you do."
16. My mother taught me about ANTICIPATION - "Just wait until we get home."
17. My mother taught me about RECEIVING - "You are going to get it when you get home!"
18. My mother taught me MEDICAL SCIENCE - "If you don't stop crossing your eyes, they are going to get stuck that way."
19. My mother taught me ESP - "Put your sweater on; don't you think I know when you are cold?"
20. My mother taught me HUMOR - "When that lawn mower cuts off your toes, don't come running to me."
21. My mother taught me HOW TO BECOME AN ADULT - "If you don't eat your vegetables, you'll never grow up."
22. My mother taught me GENETICS - "You're just like your father."
23. My mother taught me about MY ROOTS - "Shut that door behind you. Do you think you were born in a barn?"
24. My mother taught me WISDOM - "When you get to be my age, you'll understand."
25. And my favorite: My mother taught me about JUSTICE - "One day you'll have kids, and I hope they turn out just like you"
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 10:01 am
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Things my Mother taught me

Originally Posted by simonmarkellis
I OWE MY MOTHER:

1. My mother taught me TO APPRECIATE A JOB WELL DONE - "If you're going to kill each other, do it outside. I just finished cleaning."
2. My mother taught me RELIGION - "You better pray that this will come out of the carpet."
3. My mother taught me about TIME TRAVEL - "If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!"
4. My mother taught me LOGIC - " Because I said so, that's why."
5. My mother taught me MORE LOGIC - "If you fall out of that swing and break your neck, you're not going to the store with me."
6. My mother taught me FORESIGHT - "Make sure you wear clean underwear, in case you're in an accident."
7. My mother taught me IRONY - "Keep crying, and I'll give you something to cry about."
8. My mother taught me about the science of OSMOSIS - "Shut your mouth and eat your supper."
9. My mother taught me about CONTORT IONISM - "Will you look at that dirt on the back of your neck!"
10. My mother taught me about STAMINA - "You'll sit there until all that spinach is gone."
11. My mother taught me about WEATHER - "This room of yours looks as if a tornado went through it."
12. My mother taught me about HYPERBOLE - "If I told you once, I've told you a million times. Don't exaggerate!"
13. My mother taught me the CIRCLE OF LIFE - "I brought you into this world, and I can take you out."
14. My mother taught me about BEHAVIOR MODIFICATION - "Stop acting like your father!"
15 My mother taught me about ENVY - "There are millions of less fortunate children in this world who don't have wonderful parents like you do."
16. My mother taught me about ANTICIPATION - "Just wait until we get home."
17. My mother taught me about RECEIVING - "You are going to get it when you get home!"
18. My mother taught me MEDICAL SCIENCE - "If you don't stop crossing your eyes, they are going to get stuck that way."
19. My mother taught me ESP - "Put your sweater on; don't you think I know when you are cold?"
20. My mother taught me HUMOR - "When that lawn mower cuts off your toes, don't come running to me."
21. My mother taught me HOW TO BECOME AN ADULT - "If you don't eat your vegetables, you'll never grow up."
22. My mother taught me GENETICS - "You're just like your father."
23. My mother taught me about MY ROOTS - "Shut that door behind you. Do you think you were born in a barn?"
24. My mother taught me WISDOM - "When you get to be my age, you'll understand."
25. And my favorite: My mother taught me about JUSTICE - "One day you'll have kids, and I hope they turn out just like you"
Have you been talking to my kids.....................

I swear thats me.
Old Jul 4th 2007, 11:29 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

I have jokingly said for many years now that 'my mother says you don't need to wash your hands after going to the toilet unless you have peed on them'. Always causes consternation in a Pub toilet as all the ladies say 'I did not pee on them'. I have said it so often to my mother that she now believes she did say it!
Old Jul 4th 2007, 1:37 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

I always swore I'd never say any of those things when I became a mum. Didn't quite work out that way.
Old Jul 4th 2007, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

Nisey has a brilliant futureNisey has a brilliant futureNisey has a brilliant futureNisey has a brilliant futureNisey has a brilliant futureNisey has a brilliant futureNisey has a brilliant future

Why God made Mums — BRILLIANT Answers given by 2nd grade school children to the following questions!!

Why did God make mothers?
1. She’s the only one who knows where the sticky tape is.

2. Mostly to clean the house.

3. To help us out of there when we were getting born.

How did God make mothers?
1. He used dirt, just like for the rest of us.

2. Magic plus super powers and a lot of stirring

3. God made my Mum just the same like he made me. He Just used bigger parts.

What ingredients are mothers made of?1. God makes mothers out of clouds and angel hair and everything nice in the world and one dab of mean.

2. They had to get their start from men’s bones. Then they mostly use string, I think.

Why did God give you Your mother & not some other Mum?

1. We’re related

2. God knew she likes me a lot more than other people’s mums like me.

What kind of little girl was your mum?

1. My mum has always been my mum and none of that other stuff.

2. I don’t know because I wasn’t there, but my guess would be pretty bossy.

3. They say she used to be nice.

What did mum need to know about dad before she married him?

1. His last name.

2. She had to know his background. Like is he a crook? Does he get drunk on beer?

3. Does he make at least $800 a year? Did he say NO to drugs and YES to chores?

Why did your Mum marry your dad?

1. My dad makes the best spaghetti in the world. And my Mum eats a lot.

2. She got too old to do anything else with him.

3. My grandma says that Mum didn’t have her thinking cap on.

Who’s the boss at your house?

1. Mum doesn’t want to be boss, but she has to because dad’s such a clot.

2. Mum. You can tell by room inspection. She sees the stuff under the bed.

3. I guess Mum is, but only because she has a lot more to do than dad.

What’s the difference between mums & dads?
1. Mums work at work and work at home & dads just go to work at work.

2. Mums know how to talk to teachers without scaring them.

3. Dads are taller & stronger, but moms have all the real power ’cause that’s who you got to ask if you want to sleep over at your friend’s.

4. Mums have magic, they make you feel better without medicine.

What does your mum do in her spare time?
1. Mothers don’t do spare time.

2. To hear her tell it, she pays bills all day long.

What would it take to make your mum perfect?

1. On the inside she’s already perfect. Outside, I think some kind of plastic surgery.

2. Diet. You know, her hair. I’d diet, maybe blue.

If you could change one thing about your Mum, what would it be?
1. She has this weird thing about me keeping my room clean. I’d get rid of that.

2. I’d make my Mum smarter. Then she would know it was my sister who did it and not me.

3. I would like for her to get rid of those invisible eyes on the back of her head.
Old Jul 4th 2007, 1:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nisey
Why God made Mums — BRILLIANT Answers given by 2nd grade school children to the following questions!!

Why did God make mothers?
1. She’s the only one who knows where the sticky tape is.

2. Mostly to clean the house.

3. To help us out of there when we were getting born.

How did God make mothers?
1. He used dirt, just like for the rest of us.

2. Magic plus super powers and a lot of stirring

3. God made my Mum just the same like he made me. He Just used bigger parts.

What ingredients are mothers made of?1. God makes mothers out of clouds and angel hair and everything nice in the world and one dab of mean.

2. They had to get their start from men’s bones. Then they mostly use string, I think.

Why did God give you Your mother & not some other Mum?

1. We’re related

2. God knew she likes me a lot more than other people’s mums like me.

What kind of little girl was your mum?

1. My mum has always been my mum and none of that other stuff.

2. I don’t know because I wasn’t there, but my guess would be pretty bossy.

3. They say she used to be nice.

What did mum need to know about dad before she married him?

1. His last name.

2. She had to know his background. Like is he a crook? Does he get drunk on beer?

3. Does he make at least $800 a year? Did he say NO to drugs and YES to chores?

Why did your Mum marry your dad?

1. My dad makes the best spaghetti in the world. And my Mum eats a lot.

2. She got too old to do anything else with him.

3. My grandma says that Mum didn’t have her thinking cap on.

Who’s the boss at your house?

1. Mum doesn’t want to be boss, but she has to because dad’s such a clot.

2. Mum. You can tell by room inspection. She sees the stuff under the bed.

3. I guess Mum is, but only because she has a lot more to do than dad.

What’s the difference between mums & dads?
1. Mums work at work and work at home & dads just go to work at work.

2. Mums know how to talk to teachers without scaring them.

3. Dads are taller & stronger, but moms have all the real power ’cause that’s who you got to ask if you want to sleep over at your friend’s.

4. Mums have magic, they make you feel better without medicine.

What does your mum do in her spare time?
1. Mothers don’t do spare time.

2. To hear her tell it, she pays bills all day long.

What would it take to make your mum perfect?

1. On the inside she’s already perfect. Outside, I think some kind of plastic surgery.

2. Diet. You know, her hair. I’d diet, maybe blue.

If you could change one thing about your Mum, what would it be?
1. She has this weird thing about me keeping my room clean. I’d get rid of that.

2. I’d make my Mum smarter. Then she would know it was my sister who did it and not me.

3. I would like for her to get rid of those invisible eyes on the back of her head.