Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

The Things Kids Do

The Things Kids Do

Old Jul 9th 2005, 9:09 am

bookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to behold
Red face The Things Kids Do

Good morning everyone, after the horrible events in London on Thursday, I thought we should try to cheer ourselves up with a lighter thread. So, what have your kids done to you to show you up?

I'll start.

In front of several other parents my daughter's Reception teacher congratulated me on the good news and asked if we wanted a boy or girl. I had to explain, red faced, that I was fat, not pregnant. Daughter had told her I eat chocolate for two people and I was going to burst in a few months, and the teacher had drawn her own conclusion. Still haven't lived it down.
Old Jul 9th 2005, 10:20 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Things Kids Do

My little boy hasnt got to the talking stage yet... the most embarrassing things he does at the moment is have tantrums when I'm out shopping and he doesnt get his own way. He just flings himself on to the floor wherever he is and refuses to move whilst crying really loudly.

A few months ago I was in Tescos and decided to be a nice mummy and bought him a naural fruity bar thing specially made for toddlers.....when going through the checkout I paid for it first then gave it to him to eat. He was sitting in the trolley and ate it really quick....I said to the checkout girl...."blimey he liked that"..... then suddenly he sicked the whole lot back up in one enormous stream....it went everywhere...all over his clothes...all over the trolley and loads of it on the floor!!! The checkout girl got me loads of paper and some old guy came over to help me.....yeah that was a bit embarrassing...cant wait til he talks!!! lol
Old Jul 9th 2005, 11:35 am
Account Closed

Sega Mad is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SarahB
...cant wait til he talks!!! lol
Who? The Old guy!
Old Jul 9th 2005, 11:48 am
Account Closed

When Alex was a toddler I was reading him Mr. Muddle one bedtime. In the story Mr. Muddle is trying to bang a nail into his wall and has the nail pointing the wrong way, the hammer backwards etc. Just at that moment there came a banging sound of a hammer on the wall from our next door neighbour's house.
I said to Alex
"ah! that must be Mr Muddle next door trying to bang the nail in."
We had a jolly good laugh and I forgot all about it. Until we were out in the garden one day (and next door were out in their's too). I heard Alex shouting excitedly
"Hello Mr Muddle, hello Mr. Muddle!! Dad look! its Mr. Muddle. He can't hammer nails properly can he "
and our next door neighbour stood looking rather perplexed.
I had to then try to Explain.

We have called them 'the Muddles' ever since.

I Shan't tell you about the 'Ball' family who live opposite and were named because the entire family are Spherical. Its just far too painful to think about. They are such lovely people too!

Regards
Old Jul 9th 2005, 2:42 pm
Forum Regular

binman is an unknown quantity at this point

My four year old was admonished at kindy last week by one of the teachers. Apparently he presented himself to the Headmistress and reported her.
Old Jul 9th 2005, 4:44 pm
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SarahB

A few months ago I was in Tescos and decided to be a nice mummy and bought him a naural fruity bar thing specially made for toddlers.....when going through the checkout I paid for it first then gave it to him to eat. He was sitting in the trolley and ate it really quick....I said to the checkout girl...."blimey he liked that"..... then suddenly he sicked the whole lot back up in one enormous stream....it went everywhere...all over his clothes...all over the trolley and loads of it on the floor!!! The checkout girl got me loads of paper and some old guy came over to help me.....yeah that was a bit embarrassing...cant wait til he talks!!! lol
Oh Sarah I can certainly relate to that one. When my middle son was about 6 we were on a family vacation & he had a problem with car sickness. We stopped in a small town to let the kids get out stretch their legs & get some fresh air hoping this would help Son with his bout of car sickness.
Things seemed to be going well until we got to this cute little country cafe with the wonderful aroma of fresh coffee filling the air. Sad to say that was just enough to send son over the edge & right in front of the cafe filled with early morning diners, my son threw up all over the pavement. Not a pretty sight but kind of funny when we looked at the horrified faces in the window of the cafe, all turning a lovely shade of green, having no doubt been put off their food. You just gotta love them dont you
Old Jul 9th 2005, 5:10 pm

bookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by shepslady
Oh Sarah I can certainly relate to that one. When my middle son was about 6 we were on a family vacation & he had a problem with car sickness. We stopped in a small town to let the kids get out stretch their legs & get some fresh air hoping this would help Son with his bout of car sickness.
Things seemed to be going well until we got to this cute little country cafe with the wonderful aroma of fresh coffee filling the air. Sad to say that was just enough to send son over the edge & right in front of the cafe filled with early morning diners, my son threw up all over the pavement. Not a pretty sight but kind of funny when we looked at the horrified faces in the window of the cafe, all turning a lovely shade of green, having no doubt been put off their food. You just gotta love them dont you
Having started this post about kids showing you up/throwing up I remembered I did exactly what your son did, only outside a very posh Italian restaurant when I had morning sickness with the second child. The first child was mortified - but not as much as the diners whose window I spashed. I won't even begin to tell you about the morning sickness in a freezer in Asda ....

My poor kids, they should start a thread about the times I've embarrassed them, it would run for weeks.
Old Jul 9th 2005, 5:13 pm
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bookemjano
Having started this post about kids showing you up/throwing up I remembered I did exactly what your son did, only outside a very posh Italian restaurant when I had morning sickness with the second child. The first child was mortified - but not as much as the diners whose window I spashed. I won't even begin to tell you about the morning sickness in a freezer in Asda ....

My poor kids, they should start a thread about the times I've embarrassed them, it would run for weeks.
LOL You know that is so funny & honestly something I have never thought about.

No doubt my sons now aged 29,28 & 26 could probably come up with some real horror stories of the times I may have humiliated them. Guess thats a good topic to discuss the next time we are all gathered together huh
Old Jul 9th 2005, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by shepslady
LOL You know that is so funny & honestly something I have never thought about.

No doubt my sons now aged 29,28 & 26 could probably come up with some real horror stories of the times I may have humiliated them. Guess thats a good topic to discuss the next time we are all gathered together huh
Mine are both teenagers, according to them I show them up all the time. Last time they complained about us singing along to music in a pub we'd gone to for tea we got up and danced on the tables. That'll teach them.
Old Jul 9th 2005, 5:20 pm
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

Originally Posted by bookemjano
Mine are both teenagers, according to them I show them up all the time. Last time they complained about us singing along to music in a pub we'd gone to for tea we got up and danced on the tables. That'll teach them.
Very nice isnt pay back great huh?
Old Jul 9th 2005, 9:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

sunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to all

My daughter wwent with my friend yesterday to Maketu beach, they went to the Cafe afterwards, whereby my friends 6 year old daughter swore, saying Sh*t, to which she was reprimanded, as soon as it went quite again my 3 year old aid "My Mummy says Sh*t when she loses her purse" - and carriedon eating her dinner - bless her.
Old Jul 9th 2005, 9:58 pm

When my sister went to register the birth of her second child the older child, when my sister was asked for the name of the father and said Anthony, piped up 'my dad's not called Anthony, is her dad called Anthony'. Exit one very embarrassed mother who was married to a guy called Tony.
Old Jul 9th 2005, 10:42 pm
Banned

Debs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to all

Funny kids aren't they?

My son had just started school aged 4 and there was a lady who helped out (a parent) who used a wheelchair (she had 1 leg) anyway, Tom had told me all about this lady.. he was very curious about her and her chair. One day I was in the reception area and the lady in question was in there and Tom pipes up "Look mum, that lady in the wheelbarrow I told you about" !!
Old Jul 9th 2005, 11:01 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Debs70
Funny kids aren't they?

My son had just started school aged 4 and there was a lady who helped out (a parent) who used a wheelchair (she had 1 leg) anyway, Tom had told me all about this lady.. he was very curious about her and her chair. One day I was in the reception area and the lady in question was in there and Tom pipes up "Look mum, that lady in the wheelbarrow I told you about" !!
Lmao

In the 1950's when there were hardly any black people in Britain (especially Scotland), my cousin saw a black lady on the bus ( in Edinburgh ) and said in an indignant and very loud voice

" Mummy what a dirty face that lady's got"
Old Jul 9th 2005, 11:25 pm
Banned

Debs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Sega Mad
Lmao

In the 1950's when there were hardly any black people in Britain (especially Scotland), my cousin saw a black lady on the bus ( in Edinburgh ) and said in an indignant and very loud voice

" Mummy what a dirty face that lady's got"
YEAH!! My son said something like that only yesterday OMG!! he's 2 (only just 2 last week and just learning colours!) and we were watching some programme with a black guy in it and William said .. "he's brown.. he's brown" so I say's "Well done William, yes, he is Brown" and he said "Bit mucky" LOL! didn't know what to say!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.