Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

things to do ....places to see...

things to do ....places to see...

Old Apr 19th 2007, 9:34 pm
UK, NZ and SA User

leaseuk is on a distinguished road
Default Re: things to do ....places to see...

Originally Posted by Winnie
Out of the north and south, I def pick the south!
Being a North Islander born and breed, and having a healthy dislike of all things South Islander - I am almost ashamed to say that upon touring New Zealand for over a month back in 96 I have been recommending the South Island to nearly all people that I talk to.

If you have a short holiday (I'm talking two weeks or less) spend it in the South Island.
Old Apr 20th 2007, 10:00 pm
Forum Regular

shell and mark has a brilliant futureshell and mark has a brilliant futureshell and mark has a brilliant futureshell and mark has a brilliant futureshell and mark has a brilliant futureshell and mark has a brilliant future

nice one guys ....
keep the suggestions coming
cant wait to try them out

cheers
shell and mark
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 6:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

waiwera natural pools (Auckland) Do they still do $10 Tuesday?
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 11:30 pm
Cornish Lass

Marika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by shell and mark
nice one guys ....
keep the suggestions coming
cant wait to try them out

cheers
shell and mark
Hi shell and Mark,
great idea for a question, some amazing places everyone has come up with. Gonna have to write them all down to remember them. We are hoping to be there Aug/Sept, just right for summer
Thanks All.
Marika
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 1:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Winnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Marika 38
Hi shell and Mark,
great idea for a question, some amazing places everyone has come up with. Gonna have to write them all down to remember them. We are hoping to be there Aug/Sept, just right for summer
Thanks All.
Marika
Summer? It don't start here until about January. Aug/Sept are not very good months to come for a holiday. Sorry!
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 1:49 am

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute

Hi shell and Mark,
Thanks All.
Marika
It's the Southern Hemisphere, Marika. You'll be here in the middle of the NZ winter.

But it'll still be fun, I'm sure.
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 8:18 am
Account Closed

mazi is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi shell and Mark,
Thanks All.
Marika
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 4:44 pm
Just Joined

markcatton is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shell and mark
hi
thanks for the suggestions .... we are in the middle of house selling ..i say middle the sign is up but only 1 crappy offer...
we are coming out to NZ as soon as the house is sold ...
the sooner the better for us

so i thought i would try to get some ideas that are not normally in the books

so come on give up them secret gems guys

regards
shell and mark
Hi Shell and Mark we are a Shell and Mark thinking exactly the same selling upand movign to NZ too, Have you come up or heard of any top tips yet?
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 5:28 pm
Cornish Lass

Marika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Avid
It's the Southern Hemisphere, Marika. You'll be here in the middle of the NZ winter.

But it'll still be fun, I'm sure.
Well i was sort of thinking it will be coming into spring then, things must be warming up then surely. We are heading for Northland, for keeps, not just for a trip, so I meant we'll get settled before summer. What month does spring start, i was reckoning on Sept, or am i being dozy again?
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 8:40 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

September is early spring, yeah. And you're up to Northlands so should be okay. Beware of October, though. There's always one or two final cold blasts from the south. November is often quite nice, but December can be cruel. The calendar says summer but the weather gods often think it's good fun to piss down on the Kiwis just as they are set free from schools, offices and factories.
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 9:11 pm

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute

Well i was sort of thinking it will be coming into spring then, things must be warming up then surely. We are heading for Northland, for keeps, not just for a trip, so I meant we'll get settled before summer. What month does spring start, i was reckoning on Sept, or am i being dozy again?
End of winter, then!

It's best to come when the weather is bad, so when the 'good culture shock' wears off the sun will come out and makes things look better..