Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Things that annoy you about NZ but aren't really that important!

Things that annoy you about NZ but aren't really that important!

Old Nov 16th 2011, 1:32 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Things that annoy you about NZ but aren't really that important!

Originally Posted by theghostofdustybin
I think you can get cream...
Yeah, but not double cream
Old Nov 16th 2011, 2:01 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by theghostofdustybin
I think you can get cream...
you have to whipp the cream up

cant get clotted cream
Old Nov 16th 2011, 5:39 am
Forum Regular

Moliknickers is just really niceMoliknickers is just really niceMoliknickers is just really niceMoliknickers is just really niceMoliknickers is just really niceMoliknickers is just really niceMoliknickers is just really niceMoliknickers is just really niceMoliknickers is just really nice

Man up and get over it..makes my blood boil!! and Suck it up! followed by..she'll be right!.Aaaghhhhh! what happened to I'm not happy and will do whatever it takes to change me/things and refuse to accept the crap??!!... another reason to get home...
Old Nov 16th 2011, 5:46 am

sheene is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Moliknickers
Man up and get over it..makes my blood boil!! and Suck it up! followed by..she'll be right!.Aaaghhhhh! what happened to I'm not happy and will do whatever it takes to change me/things and refuse to accept the crap??!!... another reason to get home...
Oh just get over yourself, if you don't like it, go home.

That was an announcement from the NZ caring department.
Old Nov 16th 2011, 6:00 am
Forum Regular

Moliknickers is just really niceMoliknickers is just really niceMoliknickers is just really niceMoliknickers is just really niceMoliknickers is just really niceMoliknickers is just really niceMoliknickers is just really niceMoliknickers is just really niceMoliknickers is just really nice

Funny you should say that....oh here comes the container must fly!!
Old Nov 16th 2011, 6:01 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by sheene
Stop that now and I mean right now. I've seen this type of useless response before and it's not having a place here now. You don't have to agree with the post but you don't have to carry on like that either. It's just plain rude.

Originally Posted by molliknickers
Man up and get over it..makes my blood boil!!
and Suck it up! followed by..she'll be right!.Aaaghhhhh!
what happened to I'm not happy and will do whatever it takes to change me/things and refuse to accept the crap??!!...
another reason to get home...
I know. Sometimes these phrases simply do get on the nerves after a while. I do understand. Take 'Best in the World'. Does my head in.
Still, you are heading away from NZ are you not & so you will be away from it soon and , for that, I wish you all the best. It's more a brave move to leave IMVHO as it is to arrive
Old Nov 16th 2011, 6:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sheene

Maybe you forgot a smiley, cos Bevs seems to have taken it the wrong way.
Old Nov 16th 2011, 6:55 am

sheene is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BEVS
Stop that now and I mean right now. I've seen this type of useless response before and it's not having a place here now. You don't have to agree with the post but you don't have to carry on like that either. It's just plain rude.
Old Nov 16th 2011, 6:55 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Things that annoy you about NZ but aren't really that important!

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
Bevs seems to have taken it the wrong way.
Ooooo, errr....
Old Nov 16th 2011, 10:07 am
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Moliknickers
I have to say I find this equally irritating as the British way of moaning. They seem to thrive on constant negativity. You see it reflected in the media. In the UK they are always looking for what's wrong, in NZ they are always looking for the bright side. Reality (who knows what that is ) is probably somewhere in between. But then I'm a Libran and we always sit on the fence.
Old Nov 16th 2011, 7:17 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles

Maybe you forgot a smiley, cos Bevs seems to have taken it the wrong way.
OOo. Yer right.

I retract my post as being a pointless waste of space but good for a giggle.
Old Nov 16th 2011, 9:03 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
OOo. Yer right.

I retract my post as being a pointless waste of space but good for a giggle.
yeah we managed a BEVS-related double entendre which is always a bonus
Old Nov 16th 2011, 9:15 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jmh
I have to say I find this equally irritating as the British way of moaning. They seem to thrive on constant negativity. You see it reflected in the media. In the UK they are always looking for what's wrong, in NZ they are always looking for the bright side. Reality (who knows what that is ) is probably somewhere in between. But then I'm a Libran and we always sit on the fence.
I'd rather be negative and open to criticism than positive and permanently defensive
The former leads to progress and the latter to stagnation. Never mind having to spend your life with your "egg shell" boots on.

you only have to look at the posts around here to find out where whinging Pomms and optimistic Kiwis fit into that analysis

anyway the NZ media are pretty dumb compared to their UK counterparts, just find me some place in the media here where you get the analysis that is present in UK mid-brow current affairs? Newsnight, Today, etc
Nowhere at all to be seen in NZ.
We have to get decent current affairs from Oz or off the UK media.
Says it all in my view.

anyway being a pessimist is better:
if you're right, then you're right and if you're wrong you're happy........
Old Nov 16th 2011, 9:19 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lardyl
I'd rather be negative and open to criticism than positive and permanently defensive
The former leads to progress and the latter to stagnation. Never mind having to spend your life with your "egg shell" boots on.

you only have to look at the posts around here to find out where whinging Pomms and optimistic Kiwis fit into that analysis

anyway the NZ media are pretty dumb compared to their UK counterparts, just find me some place in the media here where you get the analysis that is present in UK mid-brow current affairs? Newsnight, Today, etc
Says it all in my view.

I'm a pessimist too. I have a friend who's an optomist & sees everything in a positive light. I've learned not to trust her judgement though, especially when it comes to her restaurant recommendations
Old Nov 16th 2011, 10:05 pm

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lardyl

Says it all in my view.

my glass is always half empty

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.