Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Things that annoy you about NZ but aren't really that important!

Things that annoy you about NZ but aren't really that important!

Old Aug 3rd 2011, 9:47 am
Just Joined

Lynda63 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Things that annoy you about NZ but aren't really that important!

Sports presenters saying dayboo instead of debut that really hacks me off.
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

dubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nice

Originally Posted by johnht
Actually, being asked how hot you want any curry when it has a name like 'madras' or 'dhansak' which usually tells you how hot it should be.
John.
we went to a curry house in christchurch, it has now been demolished and we were asked do you want it kiwi hot or british hot ??!
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 9:55 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

WIiiiiNDY + COooooLD.

The main thing about Welly is the fact that the weather is cr@p all year round.

Last edited by crap coffee; Aug 3rd 2011 at 9:58 am.
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 10:15 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by crap coffee
WIiiiiNDY + COooooLD.

The main thing about Welly is the fact that the weather is cr@p all year round.
Your lucky you live in a lively place, I like wellington, ive good memories and times there and it's been good weather sometimes when I've been there

Ive met some fun people there

Last edited by love30stm; Aug 3rd 2011 at 10:31 am.
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

thedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of light

Radio Stations.

On the way 2 school the other morning. Kids (6yrs old and under) in the car, radio on. DJ's discuss religion, proceed 2 diss judaism, then discuss why some men aren't always "up for" sex, then play a song containing the (repeated) lyrics, "don't let the bastards get you down", uncensored.

In what civilised country would any of that be remotely acceptable??
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 10:18 am
BE Enthusiast

DC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Lynda63
Sports presenters saying dayboo instead of debut that really hacks me off.
Hear, hear Lynda! I was just going to say that. I follow the nags a bit and Trackside grates me with this almost every race.
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 10:38 am
Just Joined

happy in nz is just really nicehappy in nz is just really nicehappy in nz is just really nicehappy in nz is just really nicehappy in nz is just really nicehappy in nz is just really nicehappy in nz is just really nicehappy in nz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Dustybin
Mark Sainsbury starting every bloody interview with the work 'LOOK', and just for having a face I would never get bored of punching..

The 'scandanavian flick' that many drivers feel they need to do in order to turn left...

Not being able to buy spirits in the supermarket..

Labelling cheese "Tasty' with no sense of irony...

All 'Glad' products. Why the hell would cooking a chicken in a bag give be better living.

Family Health Diary adverts..

the sign on the way out of chch that says 'motorway' the disapointment gets me every time..

being able to get a 'mild' vindaloo....

short people with umbrellas, oh yeah thats not just in nz, still gets on my nipples though..
.well go back then, why winge this is nz get used to it
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 10:41 am
Account Closed

billingham is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by happy in nz
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 10:41 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by love30stm
Your lucky you live in a lively place, I like wellington, ive good memories and times there and I've it's been good weather sometimes when I've been there
Just back to Welly the day before yesterday. the weather is not so nice here but I do feel this place seems just simply better (quality??) than auckland. Mainly ppl I would say.
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 10:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Mark Sainsbury starting every bloody interview with the work 'LOOK', and just for having a face I would never get bored of punching..

The 'scandanavian flick' that many drivers feel they need to do in order to turn left...

Not being able to buy spirits in the supermarket..

Labelling cheese "Tasty' with no sense of irony...

All 'Glad' products. Why the hell would cooking a chicken in a bag give be better living.

Family Health Diary adverts..

the sign on the way out of chch that says 'motorway' the disapointment gets me every time..

being able to get a 'mild' vindaloo....

short people with umbrellas, oh yeah thats not just in nz, still gets on my nipples though..
My you made me laugh!! Major respect for spot on observations!! Shall we both leave the country now before we do something unkind to some kiwis???????
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 10:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Oh yeah I hate that the call me Biv instead of Bev and Dick instead of Deck
Yis, that uz annoying!!!
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 10:53 am
BE Forum Addict

I love that, I even had a 'deck' extension party when i made it bigger. Trimmed the bush around the edge and everything...
I trum the bush around my dick.
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 10:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by martyc
Pronouncing 'pin, pen and pan' the same. Very confusing.
Arf, arf!!! Snigger, chortle.
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 7:58 pm
Account Closed

Dustybin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by happy in nz
Have you actually read any other posts I have put on here?

I like to think everyone has the right to comment on observations about things they see around them, don't you?

I'll let you off, you are new to the forum

Last edited by Dustybin; Aug 3rd 2011 at 8:42 pm. Reason: took a deep breath...
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 10:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

Your lucky you live in a lively place, I like wellington, ive good memories and times there and it's been good weather sometimes when I've been there

Ive met some fun people there
I>M>E the weather is nowhere near as bad as Crapcoffee makes out. The last 10 days in Winter have been little wind, blue skies and sunshine. It has very high sunshine hours even by NZ standards.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.