Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Things that annoy you about NZ but aren't really that important!

Things that annoy you about NZ but aren't really that important!

Old Aug 3rd 2011, 6:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Things that annoy you about NZ but aren't really that important!

Originally Posted by love30stm
Pizza hut is bloody disgusting here too

...because almost everything is smothered in disgusting BBQ sauce
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 7:06 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
...because almost everything is smothered in disgusting BBQ sauce
Oh yeah disgusting, in the Uk they were nice places here they are dumps
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 7:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

I hate the way the advertising goes..'made specially for kiwi men/women' or 'kiwi eyes are different, through them we can see anything we like'...aint that the truth?

WTF, are they another species? More like the missing link IMO.

What a load of bollocks.

I also hate it when supposedly savvy newsreaders say stuff like 'qualative easing' when they mean 'quantative easing' (money printing). Or once I heard a DJ refer to Aston Martin as Austin Martin..how can you get stuff like that wrong..especially if you are a bloke!!! I also hate the shite, crap awful spelling on trademe. These are not typos, just simple shite spelling.
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 7:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Pizza hut is bloody disgusting here too
I hate the way kiwis pronounce their e's with an I. Really irritating. So is the kiwi accent actually.
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 7:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

I have only ever seen the manky looking takeaway places and never seen an eat in 'Pizza Hut', are there any?
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 7:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Genesis
I also hate it when supposedly savvy newsreaders say stuff like 'qualative easing' when they mean 'quantative easing' (money printing). Or once I heard a DJ refer to Aston Martin as Austin Martin..how can you get stuff like that wrong..
I have come to the conclusion they do it deliberately just to annoy us. If there is a wrong way to emphasise a particular syllable then they will take it. I heard a guy on the radio say: 'un-pur-lattable' the other day. I had to think long and hard about what he meant - unpalatable was the word he was trying to say.
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 8:19 am
Account Closed

Dustybin is an unknown quantity at this point

I have come to the conclusion they do it deliberately just to annoy us. If there is a wrong way to emphasise a particular syllable then they will take it. I heard a guy on the radio say: 'un-pur-lattable' the other day. I had to think long and hard about what he meant - unpalatable was the word he was trying to say.
Mark Sainsbury starting every bloody interview with the work 'LOOK', and just for having a face I would never get bored of punching..

The 'scandanavian flick' that many drivers feel they need to do in order to turn left...

Not being able to buy spirits in the supermarket..

Labelling cheese "Tasty' with no sense of irony...

All 'Glad' products. Why the hell would cooking a chicken in a bag give be better living.

Family Health Diary adverts..

the sign on the way out of chch that says 'motorway' the disapointment gets me every time..

being able to get a 'mild' vindaloo....

short people with umbrellas, oh yeah thats not just in nz, still gets on my nipples though..
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 8:28 am
Forum Regular

johnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nice

Originally Posted by Dustybin
being able to get a 'mild' vindaloo....

Actually, being asked how hot you want any curry when it has a name like 'madras' or 'dhansak' which usually tells you how hot it should be.
John.
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by Genesis
I hate the way kiwis pronounce their e's with an I. Really irritating. So is the kiwi accent actually.
Oh yeah I hate that the call me Biv instead of Bev and Dick instead of Deck
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 8:57 am

I have only ever seen the manky looking takeaway places and never seen an eat in 'Pizza Hut', are there any?
No don't think there is any
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 9:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Mark Sainsbury starting every bloody interview with the work 'LOOK', and just for having a face I would never get bored of punching..
You and me both Dustybin That 'look' thing, I hear it a lot! I find it really aggressive and imperious, like telling off a child. Look, don't mess with me! Look, how many times have I told you...?
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 9:11 am
Account Closed

Dustybin is an unknown quantity at this point

Dick instead of Deck
I love that, I even had a 'deck' extension party when i made it bigger. Trimmed the bush around the edge and everything...
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 9:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Perry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond repute

That Chinese food is great in Auckland, but not so good elsewhere, there needs to be a chef/cook distribution exercise
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 9:14 am

I love that, I even had a 'deck' extension party when i made it bigger. Trimmed the bush around the edge and everything...
Hehehe what do they say for sex? Six and what do they say for six??? The mind boggles
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 9:37 am
Forum Regular

martyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud of

Pronouncing 'pin, pen and pan' the same. Very confusing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.