Thin Lizzy...

Old Jun 27th 2011, 10:07 pm
Forum Regular

Kevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of light
Default Thin Lizzy...

I thought this TV ad needed it's own thread...

THIN LIZZY…. What a brilliant marketing ploy. Top award goes to the founder of this scheme. For those of you who haven’t yet landed on these green shores, I will fill you in.

Thin Lizzy is a “do-it-all” makeover for……erm…ladies.
It consists of a blusher/foundation and an applicator brush, and apparently comes in a nice shiny plastic compact. Amongst the many claims made by the vendors of said product, are that it is suitable for any skin type, and colour, covers blemishes, spots, birth marks, gang tats, leprosy pock marked skin, open bleeding sores and stretch marks.

The sales pitch is the usual “buy it at a one time only price of… reduced from… free applicator brush etc” This is followed by the also very often seen “four stooge demo”. This consists of four photos of different ladies, one with a face full of birth marks, one with an arm/shoulder “transfer” tattoo and one who looks like she has been blasted in the face with both barrels of a shotgun… and a leper. The poses are all the same, bad lighting, all sporting the same “just been feked and thrown through a hedge” 70’s ‘air-do’s’ and topped off by giving them the news that they only have one week to live!

Following a bit of smooth patter from the “spiv”, the next set of pics show the women to have been transformed completely. Gone are the birthmarks, the tattoo, the facial injury and even the leper looks good! The “barnets” have all been re-done (must have flown someone in for that… know what I mean ladies?), the lighting has been tuned to perfection, and of course they have all been given the all clear on the dying thing, but in fact told they have won the lottery instead!

Now look, I’m not against anyone trying to look their best, and god knows some of you do need help. Whilst mother nature and genetics have been exceptionally kind to a few of us, there are those out there who need all the snake oil they can get. But for god sake, don’t buy into this crap, it is just ground brick dust and lard… but if you do, remember to use it sparingly. I have seen ladies young and old, absolutely “caked” in this stuff. (Pak n’ Save staff, you know who I mean) I kid you not, I have a mate back home who works for Co-op Funeral Services, and man I have seen him create a few cock-ups in his time, but to be fair, even on a Monday morning following an all-weekend bender, his “work” still looks far better than most Kiwi women’s makeup attempts. Remember girls, less is more.
Old Jun 27th 2011, 10:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thin Lizzy...

Originally Posted by Kevin

THIN LIZZY…. What a brilliant marketing ploy. Top award goes to the founder of this scheme. For those of you who haven’t yet landed on these green shores, I will fill you in.

It consists of a blusher/foundation and an applicator brush, and apparently comes in a nice shiny plastic compact. Amongst the many claims made by the vendors of said product, are that it is suitable for any skin type, and colour, covers blemishes, spots, birth marks, gang tats, leprosy pock marked skin, open bleeding sores and stretch marks.

The sales pitch is the usual “buy it at a one time only price of… reduced from… free applicator brush etc” This is followed by the also very often seen “four stooge demo”. This consists of four photos of different ladies, one with a face full of birth marks, one with an arm/shoulder “transfer” tattoo and one who looks like she has been blasted in the face with both barrels of a shotgun… and a leper. The poses are all the same, bad lighting, all sporting the same “just been feked and thrown through a hedge” 70’s ‘air-do’s’ and topped off by giving them the news that they only have one week to live!

Following a bit of smooth patter from the “spiv”, the next set of pics show the women to have been transformed completely. Gone are the birthmarks, the tattoo, the facial injury and even the leper looks good! The “barnets” have all been re-done (must have flown someone in for that… know what I mean ladies?), the lighting has been tuned to perfection, and of course they have all been given the all clear on the dying thing, but in fact told they have won the lottery instead!

Now look, I’m not against anyone trying to look their best, and god knows some of you do need help. Whilst mother nature and genetics have been exceptionally kind to a few of us, there are those out there who need all the snake oil they can get. But for god sake, don’t buy into this crap, it is just ground brick dust and lard… but if you do, remember to use it sparingly. I have seen ladies young and old, absolutely “caked” in this stuff. (Pak n’ Save staff, you know who I mean) I kid you not, I have a mate back home who works for Co-op Funeral Services, and man I have seen him create a few cock-ups in his time, but to be fair, even on a Monday morning following an all-weekend bender, his “work” still looks far better than most Kiwi women’s makeup attempts. Remember girls, less is more.
And I thought he was a late pop star married to Leslie Crowther's daughter.
Old Jun 27th 2011, 10:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

You have not mentioned the $4000 dollar price tag. BUT buy one get one free. It has to be the shittiest ad on TV next to the chaffing one eh? They actually really put me on edge and make me feel quite nauseous.
Old Jun 27th 2011, 10:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

And the most often used phrase on these kind of adverts:

"But wait.... there's more!"
Old Jun 28th 2011, 1:45 am

Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute

Mate, you watch to much TV.
Old Jun 28th 2011, 1:51 am
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute

... and that God-damned music!!!
Old Jun 28th 2011, 3:16 am
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

Two Jehovah's Witnesses came to our door yesterday and they were both caked in the stuff.
Quite scary really.
Old Jun 28th 2011, 3:39 am
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RobClubley
Two Jehovah's Witnesses came to our door yesterday and they were both caked in the stuff.
Quite scary really.
The JWs, the Thin Lizzy, or both?
Old Jun 28th 2011, 3:46 am
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Michelle&Carl
The JWs, the Thin Lizzy, or both?
All of the above
Old Jun 28th 2011, 3:48 am
BE Forum Addict

I'd rather that than the skin I had the pleasure to clap eyes on this morning! I've still to soak my eyeballs in bleach
Old Jun 28th 2011, 7:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Kevin, my sides are aching, there's only so much karma I can give you.

For the unitiated who just think you are a nutjob, I give you six in one... Thin Lizzy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SGhO20bUZc

It reminds me of those market stalls of the seventies, where you had to watch a demonstration with all the blarney and patter; then you get the once in a lifetime opportunity to purchase, not one, not two, but three of the special whirlygig things, only available today to you madam for twenty five quid.

Just thank the lord that the gobby Radiessence tart, with her magical luminescent spheres has vanished off the scene,

Last edited by Bo-Jangles; Jun 28th 2011 at 7:39 am.
Old Jun 28th 2011, 7:59 am
Forum Regular

Kevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles

For the unitiated who just think you are a nutjob, I give you six in one... Thin Lizzy.

It reminds me of those market stalls of the seventies, where you had to watch a demonstration with all the blarney and patter; then you get the once in a lifetime opportunity to purchase, not one, not two, but three of the special whirlygig things, only available today to you madam for twenty five quid.

Just thank the lord that the gobby Radiessence tart, with her magical luminescent spheres has vanished off the scene,

Thank you m'lady
Old Jun 28th 2011, 8:17 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles

I once went out with a gobby tart with magical spheres... in fact it was her magical spheres that caught my eye in the first place!
Old Jun 28th 2011, 8:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Browner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond repute

I once went out with a gobby tart with magical spheres... in fact it was her magical spheres that caught my eye in the first place!
hey, leave it out!
I married her.
Old Jun 28th 2011, 9:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

I once went out with a gobby tart with magical spheres.
If they were luminescent, I'd guess they probably weren't natural.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.