Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

These are so adorable.....

These are so adorable.....

Old Apr 21st 2010, 3:35 am
BE Enthusiast

nukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond repute
Default These are so adorable.....

It's been a life-time dream of mine to hold a Koala but I got close on our trip to Sydney. It's against the law to hold one in NSW so I will have to wait until we visit Queensland..

Last edited by nukiwi; Apr 21st 2010 at 3:57 am. Reason: no photo
Old Apr 21st 2010, 3:44 am
BE Enthusiast

nukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: These are so adorable.....

Last edited by nukiwi; Apr 21st 2010 at 3:59 am.
Old Apr 21st 2010, 4:02 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

What? Like this mum and bub in our garden a few weeks back Wouldn't cuddle a wild one mind, bit vicious especially when bub is around.
Attached Thumbnails These are so adorable.....-img_0397.jpg  
Old Apr 21st 2010, 4:26 am
BE Enthusiast

WOW, in your back garden....how wonderful. Great picture.

The keepers at the zoo said what sharp claws they have but I just love them

Definitely got to go to Queensland to fulfill the rest of my dream
Old Apr 21st 2010, 5:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nukiwi
It's been a life-time dream of mine to hold a Koala but I got close on our trip to Sydney. It's against the law to hold one in NSW so I will have to wait until we visit Queensland..

http://i441.photobucket.com/albums/q...iwi2/Koala.jpg
I got me hands on one in 1991 somewhere think it was NSW. Did you know they look like that because of the soporific effect of the eucalyptus leaves they chew? And whilst they have a placid look cos of the aforementioned apparently their's (the blokes anyways) is a violent life of fighting over sex and territory. Would you believe it? Don't imagine they have changed much in 20 years. This guy looks just like the one we held. How do you tell one koala apart from another??????? The female ones are easy to tell from the chaps. They have lip stick.
Old Apr 21st 2010, 6:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Genesis
I got me hands on one in 1991 somewhere think it was NSW. Did you know they look like that because of the soporific effect of the eucalyptus leaves they chew? And whilst they have a placid look cos of the aforementioned apparently their's (the blokes anyways) is a violent life of fighting over sex and territory. Would you believe it? Don't imagine they have changed much in 20 years. This guy looks just like the one we held. How do you tell one koala apart from another??????? The female ones are easy to tell from the chaps. They have lip stick.
The law has obviously changed then since you went...can't hold them in NSW now

You wouldn't believe they could be so vicious looking at them. They sleep for up to 20 hours a day due to the low energy in the eucalyptus....what a life eh Didn't notice the difference between male and females...will have to check for lip stick next time

Don't think I'd like to meet one in the wilds
Old Apr 21st 2010, 1:48 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Really cute you get to cuddle up to one soon.

Would also love to have a cuddle with one maybe one day

Dewb
Old Apr 21st 2010, 9:34 pm
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

They smell like eucalyptus - strangely!

Old Apr 21st 2010, 10:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RobClubley

http://www.pimpmyskoda.co.uk/clubley...o/DSC01532.JPG
The one I held smelled of Brut..must have been a bloke koala.
Old Apr 21st 2010, 10:17 pm
Forum Regular

CindyGirl is a jewel in the roughCindyGirl is a jewel in the roughCindyGirl is a jewel in the roughCindyGirl is a jewel in the roughCindyGirl is a jewel in the rough
Smile Re: These are so adorable.....

Fantastic piccies lovey !! xx
Old Apr 21st 2010, 10:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

http://www.pimpmyskoda.co.uk/clubley...o/DSC01532.JPG
I'm so jealous....

Where was that taken?
Old Apr 21st 2010, 10:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CindyGirl
Fantastic piccies lovey !! xx
Thank you mate xx
Old Apr 21st 2010, 10:22 pm
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nukiwi
I'm so jealous....

Where was that taken?
Cairns Tropical Zoo - in 2006.

Lots more pics here:

http://www.pimpmyskoda.co.uk/clubley/Cairns/Cairns.htm
Old Apr 21st 2010, 10:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cairns Tropical Zoo - in 2006.

Lots more pics here:

http://www.pimpmyskoda.co.uk/clubley/Cairns/Cairns.htm
Wow I enjoyed looking at those Rob whilst having a cuppa Amazing photos...Thank you. Got to start saving again now
Old Apr 21st 2010, 10:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dewb09
Really cute you get to cuddle up to one soon.

Would also love to have a cuddle with one maybe one day

Dewb
Thanks I just wish they had some at Auckland Zoo.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.