Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Is these feelings normal??

Is these feelings normal??

Old May 23rd 2008, 2:48 pm
Just Joined

samsuth has a brilliant futuresamsuth has a brilliant futuresamsuth has a brilliant futuresamsuth has a brilliant futuresamsuth has a brilliant futuresamsuth has a brilliant futuresamsuth has a brilliant future
Default Is these feelings normal??

Hi everyone

I am not really sure why I am asking this but I have to "Does anyone know of any reasons why people are declined a P.R.??

We are hoping to submit our ITA next week but getting really nervous about doing so and feeling excited at the same time.

Medicals were ok except for a blood test which is going to be retested, police checks ok, my husband has a job offer, we hope we have enough evidence to support my OH's work experience. I know no-one on here can say yes we will get a PR visa. But you just can't help worrying, its a lot of money to part with.

Is this feeling normal, should we just go ahead and take the plunge and press submit??

Sam

Last edited by samsuth; May 23rd 2008 at 2:50 pm. Reason: typo errors
Old May 23rd 2008, 4:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is these feelings normal??

I think maybe your just nervous about the possible outcome.
ask your self
1) why did you submit the EOI in the first place?
2) If they say yes would you go?
3) Is the chance of a happier life worth a couple of grand?

If you think the application is expensive wait until you have to start
organising the move itself if they say yes.
Shipping costs are about £3k, flights are £600 each, you'll get a crap price for your house in the current market, you'll end up selling your cars for less than they are worth, you will bleed money all over the place
But money isnt everything.
Old May 24th 2008, 9:05 pm
lionheart

howden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to all
Default Re: Is these feelings normal??

You tend to get a residents visa, but you only wait 2 years to get citizenship and the criteria for citizenship is reasonable and easilly acheivable.

Yes the move is expensive but you are moving a long way, it's not a couple of miles up the M1 - is it worth it? I think so.

We moved for a quieter pace of life and it is a quieter pace of life.

They say it takes 2 years to get back to the standard of living you were at when you left - maybe that's true' For example our cars are 20 and 10 years old (didn't realise you could get a car that old before moving), but it's the norm here. A new car is one new to you rather than straight off the conveyer belt. You don't have to 'keep up with the Jones's'.

You'll be healthier - ready meals will be something you prepared the day before rather than a quick trip to the chill section of ASDA. The only processed food I've bought are frozen chips and peas and only 2 of each in 5 months. You save on ready meals.

It will be a cultural shock, but a generally pleasant one, you will miss the stupidest of things - Tony constantly raves on how he misses Walkers Cheese and Onion crisps, I miss Bisto Gravy granules.

It's getting into Winter and we still wear shorts and T's.

If you can have your bloods repeated through your GP this will save money, (you can if you were refered to your GP) and if you were get your GP to send a letter with your results.

Our eldest son's cholesterol levels were elevated and he was refered to his GP, because of this we could use our GP for further bloods - a letter was needed from GP anyway. We were only told one thing at a time
Need repeat bloods - results sent to case officer
Need letter from GP saying how will impact on health
If you can do them both together it saves a couple of weeks.

Once these come back your residents visa is only a matter of a couple of days.

Best of luck