Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

There's an old saying........

There's an old saying........

Old Jul 23rd 2005, 11:39 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: There's an old saying........

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
Sending you Prozac and Karma Biddy
or not....prozac is on its way
Old Jul 24th 2005, 7:07 am
Give us a kiss

Biddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
or not....prozac is on its way
Ooh that's better.........

Are you sure that was supposed to be rectal prozac....awfully painful
Old Jul 25th 2005, 12:40 pm
Nice Tats

Pompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of light

Best of luck Biddy.....keep positive
Old Jul 26th 2005, 5:32 pm
Galaxy 1: Cadbury's 0

uk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Biddy
Ooh that's better.........

Are you sure that was supposed to be rectal prozac....awfully painful
Hope you are all well. Any news so far this week?
Old Jul 26th 2005, 6:20 pm
Give us a kiss

Biddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by uk+kiwi
Hope you are all well. Any news so far this week?
Time for an update methinks:-

PSS have come and gone in a whirlwind of activity

Packed and wrapped and boxed and drank tea and moved and stowed and buggered off in one day. Fantastic! Can't fault them. Approx 3/4 20ft containers worth and estimate it'll cost us £2400. We get 4 weeks free storage in the UK. So the load is winging its way to York where it'll be packed into container then back down to Croydon and into storage until we give the go ahead. Then onto boat and to wellington. Hoorah!

Wish I could be so certain of where we will be!!

We still haven't exchanged contracts

One minute we're told it'll be Friday the next it'll be the following Monday

Try organising stock takers etc to deal with that. Let alone suppliers and their cut off points.
Anyway it is possible we will have to exchange and complete on the same day. Not terrible I hear you cry but it is bloody awkward when trying to run a business around it.

Still don't know why we can't exchange now?? No one knows?? Except their solicitor who doesn't seem to be telling anyone!

Haven't spoken to the buyers now for a week - we've given up leaving messages - no point. I've gone off the leaving a kipper idea and am now looking for ways to hide a shark in the shop! She still hasn't made contact to find out how the till works, how to set the alarm, how long to cook bread & pies for, how to order fresh meat, how to return newspapers and mags, who our evening staff are, who has bread saved for them and on what days, who our credit customers are etc etc..........it really does beggar belief. If it does happen on Friday and she has to get up on Saturday morning ready to open up bright and early then she is going to be absolutely clueless! Bonkers!

So, there we are. I'm still due to fly out next Monday (1st) unless we have to exchange and complete on thst day in which case that's a grand wasted not to mention all the time involved finding somewhere to live and set up agency interviews etc.

Ho Hum.

So we're in good spirits all things considered. The kids are at Grannies and we're all fit and well.

Just feel a bit like a mushroom - kept in the dark and fed bullsh*t.

Happy days!

Biddy
Old Jul 26th 2005, 6:23 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

However I think we are now past the point of no return and there's bugger all we can do about it 'cept sit back and enjoy the ride. It'll happen... I'm positive. We've already got the shippers to put our stuff into UK storage rather than straight onto a boat, so if it all goes t*ts up on Friday we'll call it back - a minor disruption in the grand scheme of things. I'd have to miss my flight on the monday though
I once leapt, was reassured dozens of times that a safety net was in place only to find that it wasn't. SMACK. It hasn't been fun or easy but three years down the road I am still alive and actually in a better place than had Plan A gone through. Sometimes you just gotta jump. (cue Van Halen)
Old Jul 26th 2005, 6:26 pm
Banned

newstartnz is a jewel in the roughnewstartnz is a jewel in the roughnewstartnz is a jewel in the roughnewstartnz is a jewel in the roughnewstartnz is a jewel in the rough

Thing is, Biddy, maybe two in three 'deals' are falling through for various reasons at the moment.

Whilst I wish you every success, when punters see that house/ business prices are down so much year on year, they will either try to get a better price or pull out of he deal if they have any sense.

Offer them something like fifteen percent off to secure the deal is my advice.
Old Jul 26th 2005, 6:33 pm

bookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by newstartnz
Thing is, Biddy, maybe two in three 'deals' are falling through for various reasons at the moment.

Whilst I wish you every success, when punters see that house/ business prices are down so much year on year, they will either try to get a better price or pull out of he deal if they have any sense.

..... or hire a hitman .....

Don't know how you're managing to keep sane Biddy, I'd have flipped several times over by now. Makes us getting stressed seem petty given the crap you're going through.

But at the end of it all you'll know you've made the right choices and got to where you want to go to. In a few weeks you'll have all your stuff around you again, in a better location, then you can raise a toast to your Buyer From Hell from a safe distance!
Old Jul 26th 2005, 6:41 pm
Give us a kiss

Originally Posted by newstartnz

Sod that! No way I'm offering anything off at all - Zilch. We're prepared for everything to go pear shaped at the last minute. We have another buyer who would take approx two months to sort stuff out and we can call ths stuff back from the shippers on Mon if nessecary. No way am I going to be blackmailed at the last minute either. We still have till next May to get to NZ and I'm prepared mentally to call their bluff.

Poker anyone?
Old Jul 26th 2005, 6:48 pm
Banned

newstartnz is a jewel in the roughnewstartnz is a jewel in the roughnewstartnz is a jewel in the roughnewstartnz is a jewel in the roughnewstartnz is a jewel in the rough

Sod that! No way I'm offering anything off at all - Zilch. We're prepared for everything to go pear shaped at the last minute. We have another buyer who would take approx two months to sort stuff out and we can call ths stuff back from the shippers on Mon if nessecary. No way am I going to be blackmailed at the last minute either. We still have till next May to get to NZ and I'm prepared mentally to call their bluff.

Poker anyone?
Biddy, I'm just a nobody who never met you before, the UK housing mkt is going shitshape in front of my eyes so my advice to a friend would be to agree a price NOW and get OUT. About ten percent off might do it, the main thing is not to get caught in the vicious circle of a declining mkt when you can't get shot of anything.

Anybody remember the reductions of the last downturn?
Old Jul 26th 2005, 7:16 pm
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute

Poker anyone?
You stick to your guns Biddy...especially if you have a back up buyer...

Me, I'd be offering them the reduction just to close the deal and running out the door....
but then again I am a big scaredy cat

I certainly wouldn't like to play you at poker either...can't keep a straight face to save my life...

good luck mate you deserve for it all to work out just for having the balls to stick to your guns...
(pardon my french...)
Go ahead and take that leap Biddy

Hopefully everything will work out for you with this buyer, then get on the plane to NZ on Monday and start preparing for your new life over there...

you'll need a bit of a holiday after all of this...enjoy...

Last edited by Pinkie Pie; Jul 26th 2005 at 7:20 pm.
Old Jul 26th 2005, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

nivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud of

All the best Biddy, we'll be thinking of you

Think of the true spirit of Karma, (ie, what goes around, comes around?) you WILL get payback....by the bucket load!

Have a on us. XXX

Cathy
Old Jul 26th 2005, 9:30 pm
Account Closed

Kurtons is an unknown quantity at this point

Poker anyone?

wow!!!

hats off to you mate, you are handling this situation brilliantly. Stick to your guns. It will work out

Looking forward to buying you a BIG drink in Welly, I think you've earned it
Old Jul 26th 2005, 9:48 pm
Account Closed

Sega Mad is an unknown quantity at this point

Here's to you Biddy

Your buyer doesn't deserve the goodwill in the business. If she treats you in such a shoddy way. How popular is she going to be with the customers? I can't believe that anyone taking on a business like that can be so disinterested in learning anything about it from the present proprietor. I would guess that she'll send the business tits up and lose it to the receivers. I can almost smell the walking possession order from here!!

I hope for all your sakes that you get the result you want. Remain steadfast.

I knew of someone in Yeovil who kept a lion at the back of a second hand domestic appliance shop. Apparently it bit a lady's hand off once when she tried to stroke it. Shall I try to find out where the beast is now? (needs less water than a shark) .

Good luck to you all

Kind Regards
Old Jul 26th 2005, 10:00 pm
Banned

Debs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to all

Hope you get this sorted.. it sounds extremely stressful. Hat's off to you for being so calm about it cos I would be a nervous wreck at this stage.

Like Sgea said, sounds wierd she hasn't bothered looking into the aspects of running the business so I wonder if she's just a total nutcase who is having you on? don't want to make you feel even more nervy, but it seems pretty strange that she isn't stalking you a bit and wanting to know what's what eh?

******* rubbish system in this country with buying and selling and I am sure that pretty soon it will change (not soon enough for you though eh Biddy?).

You say you may have to cancel your flight on Monday? why is that?

Lots of Love and I hope you manage to pin this woman down and get an answer from the bitch.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.