Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

There really is more to life than the Ab's

There really is more to life than the Ab's

Old Jan 14th 2007, 8:36 am
Banned

Dirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to all
Default There really is more to life than the Ab's

Had a conversation today about the state of the world in a pub in Brisbane. Got talking to a New Yorker and it was great talking about world affairs.

I'd forgotten what they were till I left NZ!
Old Jan 14th 2007, 9:22 am
BE Enthusiast

StevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud of
Default Re: There really is more to life than the Ab's

Originally Posted by Dirk1971
Had a conversation today about the state of the world in a pub in Brisbane. Got talking to a New Yorker and it was great talking about world affairs.

Depressing aren't they?!
Old Jan 14th 2007, 6:41 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by StevieB
Depressing aren't they?!
the world affairs?
the new yorkers?
the brisbane pubs?

Old Jan 14th 2007, 8:40 pm
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

Try doing the same in a New York bar and see how much of a conversation you have.
Old Jan 14th 2007, 9:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light

We were in a bar in the centre of Auckland yesterday and the cricket OZ vs NZ was on and an American came in and asked if they could put the american football on and was told, very politely I might add that they were watching the cricket...this was about 1130 yesterday morning (yes I know thats early to be in a pub, but my husband had just jumped 192 metres of the sky tower and was in need of a beer...no mean feat for him as he is scared of heights...aw bless him
Old Jan 15th 2007, 1:37 am
BE Enthusiast

StevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by thebears
the world affairs?
the new yorkers?
the brisbane pubs?

all of the above!
Old Jan 15th 2007, 10:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Kippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of light

No talkative Americans in Wellington pubs then?

Strange that

Kip