Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Is there a bug or something doing the rounds?

Is there a bug or something doing the rounds?

Old Dec 12th 2007, 9:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

irnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Is there a bug or something doing the rounds?

Been feeling rubbish since Sunday, upset stomach mostly, is there something doing the rounds here just now or am I just suceptable to any old NZ bug and virus thats going as my immune system isn't used to them like it would be back home???

Another day off work with kiwi daytime telly, nnnnnnnnooooooooooooo!!! I need to sneak out and but some dvd's pronto....
Old Dec 12th 2007, 10:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is there a bug or something doing the rounds?

Originally Posted by irnbru14
Been feeling rubbish since Sunday, upset stomach mostly, is there something doing the rounds here just now or am I just suceptable to any old NZ bug and virus thats going as my immune system isn't used to them like it would be back home???

Another day off work with kiwi daytime telly, nnnnnnnnooooooooooooo!!! I need to sneak out and but some dvd's pronto....
I've had tummy upsets on and off since arriving- wondered if it's the water?
My glands are up and I have a sore throat and just want to sleep, so I think I have some kind of bug. Both mu daughter and I pick up viruses easily.
I hate not having the energy to unpack boxes, but at least hubby is able to go shopping and check post box while I sit at home with my feet up
Hope you feel better soon
Old Dec 12th 2007, 10:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

dlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of light

NZ is rife for stomach complaints.

Get into a strict handwashing campaign and all will be well (no pun)...

Come inside from outside, wash your hands
After touching pets, wash your hands
After gardening, wash your hands
etc, etc, etc

I have discovered this to my peril! After 10 days of suffering with campylobacter, you get a little more onto it!
Old Dec 12th 2007, 10:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irnbru14

Yeah there has been a kiwi bug doing the rounds for a couple of weeks now. But some people do take a while for their immune systems to get used to new stuff.
Take care & hope you'e feeling better soon,