Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

is there anyone around who could check sthg for me please

is there anyone around who could check sthg for me please

Old Nov 28th 2007, 9:29 pm

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default is there anyone around who could check sthg for me please

jus tneed an opinion on a place I have seen in Khandallah...do you know Homebush Road?

Many thanks Kate. (would be happy to call you if you pm me your number(

thank you so much, kate.
Old Nov 28th 2007, 9:33 pm
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: is there anyone around who could check sthg for me please

Cant help you at all on Homebush Road but after checking Wellington City Council's website for properties on Homebush Road it came up that the place is actually Khandallah (ie not a less expensive suburb passing itself off as Khandallah) and it is possible to check the capital value (note, this doesn't actually mean the price the place may be worth if it was sold/rented out).

Thought it might be of interest anyway.

Homebush Road specifically
http://www.wellington.govt.nz/servic...chaddress.y=15

Rates Info
http://www.wellington.govt.nz/servic...ch/search.html

Last edited by Kiwiprincess; Nov 28th 2007 at 9:37 pm. Reason: engaged mouse finger before brain. still had to do some typing
Old Nov 28th 2007, 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by Kiwiprincess
Cant help you at all on Homebush Road but after checking Wellington City Council's website for properties on Homebush Road it came up that the place is actually Khandallah (ie not a less expensive suburb passing itself off as Khandallah) and it is possible to check the capital value (note, this doesn't actually mean the price the place may be worth if it was sold/rented out).

Thought it might be of interest anyway.

http://www.wellington.govt.nz/servic...chaddress.y=15
thank you for that. i am about to enter a rental agreement for two months without having seen the place.... just wanted to check i wasnt in the ghetto or summit :-)
Old Nov 29th 2007, 1:18 am
Forum Regular

PVFC is a glorious beacon of lightPVFC is a glorious beacon of lightPVFC is a glorious beacon of lightPVFC is a glorious beacon of lightPVFC is a glorious beacon of lightPVFC is a glorious beacon of lightPVFC is a glorious beacon of lightPVFC is a glorious beacon of lightPVFC is a glorious beacon of lightPVFC is a glorious beacon of lightPVFC is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by dreamfish
jus tneed an opinion on a place I have seen in Khandallah...do you know Homebush Road?

Many thanks Kate. (would be happy to call you if you pm me your number(

thank you so much, kate.
Hi there

We used to live in that area until 6 months ago and it is a nice are with greak school and kindys. Would fully recommend the area to anyone. Can get a bit windy though as parts are quite exposed to the southerly
Old Nov 29th 2007, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by PVFC
Hi there

We used to live in that area until 6 months ago and it is a nice are with greak school and kindys. Would fully recommend the area to anyone. Can get a bit windy though as parts are quite exposed to the southerly
thank you - i have just agreed to take on a place for couple months. it will see us through for what we need.

who would you recommend as a power supplier?
and whats the deal about bin bags??
DP will be working for Telecom so hopefully they can sort our telephone and broadband!
is there anywhere around there for buying bed linen? cant say i fancy trawling around the shops having just landed looking for duvets and linen!
Old Nov 29th 2007, 8:18 pm
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute

Bin bags – you buy them in the supermarkets but you can only use the Wellington City Council Bags – ie you can’t use regular black bags. Recycling – it used to be that all your recycling had to fit into the council bag but they realised that the rule was a bit stupid. You can now put it all into plastic bags if you want. You can’t just leave it in a pile outside the house tho – wellington is far too windy for that.

Otherwise you can arrange to have a wheelie bin and a little man can come and take your rubbish away and give you your bin back.

Depending on the type you want, there is a warehouse in Johnsonville (about a 5 -10 min drive north) and there is a spotlight in Thorndon, about a ten min drive south in the city. Actually I am not sure spotlight still is there. Otherwise there is a store called Farmers which always has stuff like that. Unless you want really posh stuff but then you would have to find the store yourself cos I have no idea where they are  Probably kirks…
Old Nov 29th 2007, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

PVFC is a glorious beacon of lightPVFC is a glorious beacon of lightPVFC is a glorious beacon of lightPVFC is a glorious beacon of lightPVFC is a glorious beacon of lightPVFC is a glorious beacon of lightPVFC is a glorious beacon of lightPVFC is a glorious beacon of lightPVFC is a glorious beacon of lightPVFC is a glorious beacon of lightPVFC is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Kiwiprincess
Depending on the type you want, there is a warehouse in Johnsonville (about a 5 -10 min drive north) and there is a spotlight in Thorndon, about a ten min drive south in the city. Actually I am not sure spotlight still is there. Otherwise there is a store called Farmers which always has stuff like that. Unless you want really posh stuff but then you would have to find the store yourself cos I have no idea where they are  Probably kirks…

Spotlight is at the bottom of Ngaio Gorge so even closer to Khandallah