Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Are there any other child-free people around us? (Hibiscus Coast)

Are there any other child-free people around us? (Hibiscus Coast)

Old Jun 4th 2009, 8:32 am
Cat (Mad) Sitter

Location: Anywhere and Everywhere, we're International House Sitters! :)
Water Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond repute
Default Are there any other child-free people around us? (Hibiscus Coast)

Hi all

We would like to expand our circle of friends and would love to meet other child-free people near us.

Basically, as it usually happens with people our age (late 30s), all the friends we've made so far have got small children and for this reason we cannot meet up as often as we'd like. You know how it goes, the children are too small to take to certain places or do certain things, babysitters are not always available, parents are busy with school-related activities.... etc etc.

As much as we enjoy our friends' company (and even the children's! ), we are craving some adult-only company too.

We both enjoy the outdoors, tramping, kayaking, snorkelling/diving.... we also enjoy playing badminton, lighting up the BBQ, cinema, or a night in enjoying a good chat and a laugh over a glass or two....

We're both very down to earth, easy to talk to, what you see is what you get with us. Healthy, positive people who are really enjoying the kiwi lifestyle! Oh yes, we're both non-smokers and since I'm a bit asthmatic I prefer to hang out with non-smokers too....

If you're in the Hibiscus Coast / North Shore area and can relate to some or all of the above, we'd love to hear from you!

Age irrelevant, we're just looking for like-minded people

PS - If you're a couple whose children have flown the nest or are old enough to look after themselves, we'd love to hear from you too!
Old Jun 4th 2009, 10:57 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are there any other child-free people around us? (Hibiscus Coast)

Hi Maria,
Haven't seen you on here for a while, I've had a bit of a name changecourtesy of Am Loolah!
Glad you're settling in.
Well we're the same age, no kids either but unfortunately too far away to meet up for a few glasses. Me being down here in good old Palmerston North.
Otherwise I'd definitely be up for it and might even drag along the other half! All is going well between us and very happy here-no regrets at all
Anyway off to bed now, I'm working fulltime this week and it's such hard work after getting used to doing a three and a half day week Got used to being a lady of leisure
Sue
Old Jun 5th 2009, 2:15 am
Cat (Mad) Sitter

Location: Anywhere and Everywhere, we're International House Sitters! :)
Water Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sue!!!! I mean Persephone, sorry!! Queen of the Underworld, wow I'm scared now

Been meaning to get in touch for ages, sorry, it's true, haven't dropped by for months, been too busy in the real world!

Now that the cold weather will force me to spend more time indoors I may well pop in a bit more often.... will send you a PM in the meantime!
Old Jun 5th 2009, 7:34 am
luckybean

angmargien is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya

I'm coming over on the 20th June to live in Botany Downs, Auckland. Am 34, single and without children, so it sounds like I meet the criteria I have a lot of friends in NZ like you who have kids, so would be great to meet up sometime. Not sure where Hibiscus Coast is...?

Originally Posted by Water Lily
Hi all

We would like to expand our circle of friends and would love to meet other child-free people near us.

Basically, as it usually happens with people our age (late 30s), all the friends we've made so far have got small children and for this reason we cannot meet up as often as we'd like. You know how it goes, the children are too small to take to certain places or do certain things, babysitters are not always available, parents are busy with school-related activities.... etc etc.

As much as we enjoy our friends' company (and even the children's! ), we are craving some adult-only company too.

We both enjoy the outdoors, tramping, kayaking, snorkelling/diving.... we also enjoy playing badminton, lighting up the BBQ, cinema, or a night in enjoying a good chat and a laugh over a glass or two....

We're both very down to earth, easy to talk to, what you see is what you get with us. Healthy, positive people who are really enjoying the kiwi lifestyle! Oh yes, we're both non-smokers and since I'm a bit asthmatic I prefer to hang out with non-smokers too....

If you're in the Hibiscus Coast / North Shore area and can relate to some or all of the above, we'd love to hear from you!

Age irrelevant, we're just looking for like-minded people

PS - If you're a couple whose children have flown the nest or are old enough to look after themselves, we'd love to hear from you too!