Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

is their still scaffolder shortage in nz

is their still scaffolder shortage in nz

Old Feb 9th 2018, 2:18 pm
Just Joined

colabottles is an unknown quantity at this point
Default is their still scaffolder shortage in nz

as title also any scaffs on here did the move hows the life any information appreciated
Old Feb 9th 2018, 11:59 pm
Somewhere

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: is their still scaffolder shortage in nz

In answer to your title, scaffolder does not appear on any of the shortage lists at the moment.

However you could perhaps contact Hays recruitment and see what they have to say.
Old Feb 10th 2018, 12:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

There's certainly moment to be made out of it
Robbing bugger's want ten grand to scaffold round my place.
Old Feb 10th 2018, 3:39 am
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute

A mate of mine invested around 60k in a new scaffolding business that he set up a few years ago. A mate also invested the same as a silent partner. Was this new fangled easy to put up scaffolding. He bought some kit, got a fair bit of work in but the actual scaffolders had to be registered and certified. He had major problems getting scaffolders to work, got let down so many times, turning up half pissed and on the wacky bacca. Gave it up in the end and folded the business. Just wasn't worth keeping it going and that was North Auckland.
Old Feb 10th 2018, 5:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Lost count of the number of prisoners I've dealt with
who say they've got their scaffolding ticket

I wouldn't want any of them near my place
Old Feb 10th 2018, 5:24 am
Somewhere

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Lovely stuff guys but we all have to earn a living somehow don't we , even the both of you dodgy pair of reprobates.

My husband and I know a scaffolder . He came from a rather 'posh' family but chose a trade/manual job as it suited him as a person. His parents sent him to private school and when he turned 21 he was bought a modest house, in a modest street. He worked/works at Fawley Oil Refinery , Dorset. No scamming . Health checks. Fit to work checks. All that stuff in place 20 years ago as it is now.

What I am saying is that it seems some assumptions have been made by you pair and a couple of sweeping statements to boot.

To the OP - colabottles . Soz for the posts back . Likely they were just having a larf.

Scaffolding has become much more prevalent in New Zealand in general terms due to the rise of Work Safe. That is Health and Safety in UK terms. Before that men tended to scamper about on house rooves and up walls with ladders and bits of string. Now this needs scaffolding. The price of this is high as it is all about supply and demand as it always is in New Zealand.

I have no idea what type of scaffolding & rigging you do.

Commercial will maybe be your way in if that is what you do.

Have a look at Scaffolding and Rigging New Zealand <--- click the link and maybe have a chat.

...and you pair.... behave.

You were once the guys that wanted to emigrate too . Remember.
Old Feb 10th 2018, 10:36 am
Just Joined

I believe scaffolder is on the nz skills shortage at the moment
I on the nz gov site list....
Old Feb 10th 2018, 10:40 am
Just Joined

thanks a lot bev yeah that guy needs to take a break or something his life must suck if he paints everyone off with the same brush my guess he is a bricklayer they always have grudges with scaffs
Old Feb 10th 2018, 9:53 pm
Somewhere

Originally Posted by colabottles View Post
I believe scaffolder is on the nz skills shortage at the moment
I on the nz gov site list....

Opps. Yes. My mistake. Quite correct. Goodness knows what I typed in before. Probably Scaffold and Rigging.

It is on both the Immediate and the Canterbury list.
Old Feb 11th 2018, 12:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by colabottles View Post
my guess he is a bricklayer they always have grudges with scaffs
who's generalising now