Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Theft from post and parcels

Theft from post and parcels

Old May 29th 2010, 7:15 am
Forum Regular

ex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really nice
Default Re: Theft from post and parcels

We have been here 6 years now and have had loads of christmas cards and birthday cards sent with british pound notes in and< touch wood> have never had any problem .
Old May 29th 2010, 9:49 am
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

It,s usually more a matter of the article was never posted in the first instance....'didn't you receive your birthday present I sent?'.........
Old May 29th 2010, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

Gizmo27 is a jewel in the roughGizmo27 is a jewel in the roughGizmo27 is a jewel in the roughGizmo27 is a jewel in the roughGizmo27 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Stormer999
It,s usually more a matter of the article was never posted in the first instance....'didn't you receive your birthday present I sent?'.........
Mum said that about a postcard from NZ once..... Then she found it in her suitcase & posted it in the UK thinking I would not realize that she forgot to post it in NZ!
Old May 30th 2010, 10:59 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SDDep
THIEVING ****!!! is it the NZ customs people do you know? For what its worth have you ever filed a complaint with them? My brother lives there I'll check with him and see if he's had that problem...
I was just reading the US Customs memo for new arrivals for someone in the US yesterday and there is a specific warning about not using your vehicle as a mini container, for this very reason.

I imagine this is a problem for anyone, anywhere.
Old May 31st 2010, 1:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Clearly the long-winded, boring crap my mother writes doesn't warrant inspection or theft. I wish it did ...

Far be it from her to actually send anything of use, Louis Vuitton handbags/shoes, bottles of Bollinger/cash etc. etc.
Sounds like you have the close caring relationship with your mum that my mother and I have.
Old Jun 1st 2010, 1:22 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Theft from post and parcels

Originally Posted by Genesis
I am ex plod too.
Speaking of which why are there so many police on road policing at the moment in Palmy? Every night as I drive home I see someone pulled over or I am pulled over myself (Not exactly a random breath test if you get one more than once a week ). Must have too much funding and not enough real crime....

Should try the James May approach and ask them "Have you found my TV yet?" every time I'm pulled over by police...persons .
Old Jun 1st 2010, 1:31 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Theft from post and parcels

Have your friends send some foodstuffs laced with laxatives to flush out the perpetrators?
Old Jun 1st 2010, 2:05 am
Forum Regular

Stuee is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Charismatic
Have your friends send some foodstuffs laced with laxatives to flush out the perpetrators?

Ha ha, but knowing my luck that one would get through and i would be on the toilet for a week
Old Jun 1st 2010, 4:10 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stuee
every tom dick and harry from customs to the broker that landed it went through my stuff and had a right good old time
I must be missing something but if you have a certain, exhaustive list of the perps then why haven´t you taken any action to recover the declared/itemised goods???

Or was that just a list of everyone you think might have been involved?

I´m in no doubt you had stuff nicked but I´m much more inclined to believe that an individual went through it opportunistically than everyone it came into contact with over several continents formed a queue.

Tarring everyone with the same brush eh, thought coppers knew better?
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 1:39 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by simonsi
Nope. The OP is clear that only those called Tom, Dick or Harry were involved.
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 2:04 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BEVS
Brilliant!
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 4:37 am
Forum Regular

Stuee is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by simonsi
I must be missing something but if you have a certain, exhaustive list of the perps then why haven´t you taken any action to recover the declared/itemised goods???

I´m in no doubt you had stuff nicked but I´m much more inclined to believe that an individual went through it opportunistically than everyone it came into contact with over several continents formed a queue.

Tarring everyone with the same brush eh, thought coppers knew better?
Wasnt tarring everyone with the same brush rather having a rant as i said in the original post. The referal to Tom, Dick and Harry was tongue in cheek and as far as i was told the conatiner stayed sealed until it reached the destination. So between customs, Maf and the people that recieved the car after they had finished with it numerous items were stolen. Didnt make a complaint as i didnt itemise everything in the car so my word against the shippers really as to what was missing.

Thanks for reminding me why i rarely post on these forums as there is someone always waiting in the wings hanging on every word written to have a stab and a wind up.
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 7:00 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Teehee, levity, levity, levity
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 10:31 am
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Def puts me in the clear.....
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 12:26 pm
It is what it is Member

Originally Posted by Stuee
I am an ex plod from the uk and stuff like this makes my blood boil.
Well you were the one who mentioned being ex-plod - as if only ex-coppers get angry about theft!

I'll go back to waiting in the undergrowth, ready to pounce...