Thanks, but...

Old Feb 27th 2011, 12:23 am
Account Closed

Dustybin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Thanks, but...

Firstly thanks to anyone who wished the folk down here well, and bigger thanks to those who offered help and support.

Here come the but.

Recently I have noticed that the media (and therefore everyone else) are starting to look for something or someone to blame. Be it idiots trying to steal things, or demon dairy owners trying to get 15 buck for a pint of milk or indeed as one bloke who passed me on tuesday said 'we are all to blame, our sins caused this!!'

We do need the help and support and unbelievable kindness of people around the country and the world. We do need to remember those who have been lost and look to what we can do to rebuild the lives of so many.

What we dont need down here is calls for people to be strung up or shot, or tales of the odd ar*ehole taking the focus away from the amazing work that everyone is doing. If they are your feelings then ok you are free to have them, just keep them in your own head.

You have to remember the courage of not only the people who are directly involved with the recovery, but all of those people who are getting up in the morning to open the shops, man the garages, make the coffee and everyting else that people do to ensure that life goes on.

So if you have anger or frustrations shout at the wall, go for a run or use that energy to do something useful, and you know that might just be to say hello to your neighbour, even of you dont live down here. It shouldn't take the sh*t to hit the fan to make people come together.

I'm ok, I have a job and most of a house. I have a wife that loves me and a dog that does as long as I feed him. Thats what I want to concentrate on now.

I have learnt today that my local pub is opening again this afternoon, now thats the sort of news that I need.

Peace.
Old Feb 27th 2011, 2:51 am
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thanks, but...

Originally Posted by Dustybin
What we dont need down here is calls for people to be strung up or shot, or tales of the odd ar*ehole taking the focus away from the amazing work that everyone is doing. If they are your feelings then ok you are free to have them, just keep them in your own head.
Peace.
Old Feb 27th 2011, 3:01 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I have learnt today that my local pub is opening again this afternoon, now thats the sort of news that I need.

Peace.

Unfortunately bad news sells, and disasters always bring out cries of "blame" and "hangings" whether aimed at your passing idiot or at a possible failing by an official who didn't possess a crystal ball.
As someone who makes her living in disaster management my heart goes out so much to you guys over there, I can't even begin to think what its like in the middle of it, though I get to read situation reports daily from the Queensland Firies working over there.

A positive face is what helps any disaster area move forward, not to say that those who have died shouldn't be mourned and remembered, and those who have lost everything will find it so hard to put on any kind of positive face for a long while, but those of us who can be positive are the ones who can help the others to see the way ahead, and thats what's important......the ability to move on, and to see that there is a way to move on........
Old Feb 27th 2011, 4:31 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Thanks, but...

[/Sympathy]

Have you lot not rebuilt yet? No point in moping around feeling sorry for yourselves, go on...get to it boys and girls.
Old Feb 27th 2011, 10:37 am
BE Enthusiast

bolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to behold

I hope the beer in the pub is extra cold .Have one on me x
Old Feb 27th 2011, 10:48 am
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Can only send you karma & continued good wishes.....enjoy your 'pint'
B x
Old Feb 28th 2011, 8:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Firstly thanks to anyone who wished the folk down here well, and bigger thanks to those who offered help and support.

Here come the but.

Recently I have noticed that the media (and therefore everyone else) are starting to look for something or someone to blame. Be it idiots trying to steal things, or demon dairy owners trying to get 15 buck for a pint of milk or indeed as one bloke who passed me on tuesday said 'we are all to blame, our sins caused this!!'

We do need the help and support and unbelievable kindness of people around the country and the world. We do need to remember those who have been lost and look to what we can do to rebuild the lives of so many.

You have to remember the courage of not only the people who are directly involved with the recovery, but all of those people who are getting up in the morning to open the shops, man the garages, make the coffee and everyting else that people do to ensure that life goes on.

So if you have anger or frustrations shout at the wall, go for a run or use that energy to do something useful, and you know that might just be to say hello to your neighbour, even of you dont live down here. It shouldn't take the sh*t to hit the fan to make people come together.

I'm ok, I have a job and most of a house. I have a wife that loves me and a dog that does as long as I feed him. Thats what I want to concentrate on now.

Peace.