British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Thanks (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/thanks-503895/)

phil01 Jan 6th 2008 2:20 am

Thanks

Thank you to all on expats who have sent us good wishes.

We are off back to the UK in just over a week so computer will be getting packed away in a day or so.

Have loved NZ but family reasons mainly, and missing some of what we had over there is taking us back...for now!

Good luck to everyone.

:thumbsup:

Maz Jan 6th 2008 2:23 am

Re: Thanks

Happy trails to yoooooou!

Have a safe trip back, and please don't leave this forum. :)

All the best! :beer:

phil01 Jan 6th 2008 2:26 am

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 5745347)
Happy trails to yoooooou!

Have a safe trip back, and please don't leave this forum. :)

All the best! :beer:

I can't leave the forum Maz, 1. it's addictive and 2. I think I'm one of your cronies :) ha ha!

Maz Jan 6th 2008 2:30 am

Originally Posted by phil01 (Post 5745350)
I can't leave the forum Maz, 1. it's addictive and 2. I think I'm one of your cronies :) ha ha!

Oh no! :rofl: Well, the same person has us both on ignore, so I'm in good company. ;) :D

Marika 38 Jan 6th 2008 2:48 am

OMG just over a week, didn't realise it was so soon.

All the best of luck Phil and Debbie, and your family, hope all goes well.

:)

ScottishRose1971 Jan 6th 2008 3:03 am

Originally Posted by phil01 (Post 5745336)

We are off back to the UK in just over a week so computer will be getting packed away in a day or so.

Have loved NZ but family reasons mainly, and missing some of what we had over there is taking us back...for now!

Good luck to everyone.

Are you shipping stuff back to the UK? Any recomendations?

garryhg Jan 6th 2008 3:48 am

all the best to you.......part of me is jealous,as i am suffering from a bit of homesickness at the moment......its just that time of year i think.....gl with all you future plans....jacky.....:thumbsup:

Sue Jan 6th 2008 3:50 am

Good luck to everyone.

Best of luck with everything. Make sure you come back to BE and let us know how you are getting on.

Sue

phil01 Jan 6th 2008 5:37 am

Originally Posted by ScottishRose1971 (Post 5745487)
Are you shipping stuff back to the UK? Any recomendations?

Are you going back as well?

We used NZ Baggage Movers, we paid $1460.00 for 2.83 cubic metres which equated to roughly 13 (3ft by 3ft) boxes and 9 individual items such as daughters bike, huge tool box, TV cinema sytem blah blah blah! So it seemed pretty good value and the stuff gets there before we do, they collected 1st week of December and it will be there 13th Jan!

phil01 Jan 6th 2008 5:38 am

Originally Posted by garryhg (Post 5745636)
all the best to you.......part of me is jealous,as i am suffering from a bit of homesickness at the moment......its just that time of year i think.....gl with all you future plans....jacky.....:thumbsup:

Hi Jackie,
it will get better, especially now summer is here!

Thanks for the good luck wishes.

ScottishRose1971 Jan 6th 2008 6:17 am

Originally Posted by phil01 (Post 5745966)
Are you going back as well?

We used NZ Baggage Movers, we paid $1460.00 for 2.83 cubic metres which equated to roughly 13 (3ft by 3ft) boxes and 9 individual items such as daughters bike, huge tool box, TV cinema sytem blah blah blah! So it seemed pretty good value and the stuff gets there before we do, they collected 1st week of December and it will be there 13th Jan!

Erm...I have booked a 1 way flight, however, am still thinking about it. Have a few weeks to decide still. seems reasonable - my flatmate has offered me 2000$ for : Laptop, bed, mattress, bookcase, drawers and bike and cd player....so might ship rather than sell. writing this down im thinking wtf was I thinking...

waynepfry Jan 6th 2008 6:05 pm

All the best Phil!

Hope things work out for you and good luck getting used to the British weather again............

Maryanne_Tga Jan 6th 2008 6:20 pm

Best of luck Phil, your posts are refreshing. Its nice to read about someone who leaves NZ and is not bitter and doesnt feel the urge to criticise everything about NZ.

Best of luck and dont be a stranger :thumbsup:

Yotty Jan 6th 2008 7:47 pm

onya phil!:thumbup:

BEVS Jan 6th 2008 8:13 pm

Good luck to everyone.

All the best for the journey back and please don't be a BE stranger.