Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Thank you her Majesty...

Thank you her Majesty...

Old Dec 10th 2009, 7:10 am
Live from CHCH...

Matewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond repute
Default Thank you her Majesty...

I received a letter this morning from Inland Revenue (UK) and the Queen's sent me a cheque for £500+ refunding me my taxes overpayment...

It was quite a surprise as some of my mates who left Uk at same time were told NO... Yet I sent my P85 and here I am 6months later with a £500 cheque....

Already sent it to a mate in B'ham so he can put it in my account.... woop woop

Xmas on its way!!! Perfect time!
Old Dec 10th 2009, 7:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Jo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Thank you her Majesty...

Merry Xmas!!

We have submitted our P45's so hopefully we will have so good luck too.
Old Dec 10th 2009, 8:41 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd like a bottle of Bolly and a new LV handbag ...
Old Dec 10th 2009, 6:24 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

A case of Veuve Cliquot for me, many thanks
Old Dec 11th 2009, 7:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Tomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond repute

Wee Hee...it must be the season for it. I recieved one of those a couple of weeks ago £899 thank you very much. Never expected it and initially my heart sank when I saw the HM Revenue & Customs envelope, but absolutely over the moon to recieve it
Old Dec 11th 2009, 11:10 am
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, but I don't understand the "surprise" & "hope"
It's one of the main things to do when you leave the UK (P85) & you will get all your tax back for the tax year in which you have left, you are entitled to it, no if's or buts
Old Dec 11th 2009, 8:56 pm
Live from CHCH...

Matewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mickey_d
It's one of the main things to do when you leave the UK (P85) & you will get all your tax back for the tax year in which you have left, you are entitled to it, no if's or buts
It is... BUT there are some buts!

Been in the Uk for 7yrs n all the frogs, pols, spaniards & germans I met where all talking about it... Trust me, not many of them had the chance to receive a cheque...

I don't know why... but they did not.
Old Dec 11th 2009, 9:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by mickey_d
Merry Christmas mickey_d I think we (like others) are just looking forward to having some extra spending money. After paying in for so many years it is nice to get something back from HMRC! We realise we are entitled to the refund, thats why we submitted our P85's in the first place.
Old Dec 11th 2009, 10:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute

Merry Christmas
I thought I would just say something as it was reading like it was something that you may or may not get!!
Also it is something that is best sorted before you leave, we did it after we finished work in the UK & the money was in our account before we left
Old Dec 11th 2009, 10:32 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Matewx
It is... BUT there are some buts!

Been in the Uk for 7yrs n all the frogs, pols, spaniards & germans I met where all talking about it... Trust me, not many of them had the chance to receive a cheque...

I don't know why... but they did not.
Maybe it depends where they settled after the UK . The rules may be different for those remaining within the European community.
Old Dec 11th 2009, 11:14 pm
Live from CHCH...

Originally Posted by BEVS
Maybe it depends where they settled after the UK . The rules may be different for those remaining within the European community.
Probably...

I dont really care since I received it!! I sent the cheque to my best buddy in B'ham & it's all cleared n ready to be spent.... Woop woop
Old Dec 12th 2009, 3:22 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Matewx
Probably...

I dont really care since I received it!! I sent the cheque to my best buddy in B'ham & it's all cleared n ready to be spent.... Woop woop
Looking forward to receiving my case of Veuve Cliquot from you soon
Old Dec 12th 2009, 4:03 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
Looking forward to receiving my case of Veuve Cliquot from you soon
Excellent - are we getting cases now?
Old Dec 12th 2009, 4:05 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Excellent - are we getting cases now?
At the very least
Old Dec 12th 2009, 4:52 am
Live from CHCH...

I know two people here that need to get real....

lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.