Thank you

Old Dec 2nd 2007, 7:31 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Thank you

I'm all unpacked, all organised and all tidy here in Whitby.
And now that the removals and the journey are behind me, I would like to express my heartfelt gratitude to all the expats who have helped me through the last two months.
It was a situation I never thought I would find myself in and being halfway round the world from my family and long-time friends was not helpful.
But the support I have had from the forum has been incredible. At times it has moved me to tears that people I have never even met would take the time to drop me a message by PM, telephone or email.
And those those of you who have offered practial help: Am Loolah; Danny and Donna; Littletoe; Boopy; Jac and Adie; Zoe - I honestly don't know what I would have done without you.
And for those of you who ever find yourself in a difficult situation: I hope I can offer something back because your support has been of immeasureable comfort to me and kept me going throught the bleakest moments.
I'm going to post a link to this thread on my blog for the members from other forums who read my blog and have added their comments: thank you too; we're not even on the same continent but you have taken time out to offer your best wishes and messages.
So, thank you for your support, you've been fantastic
Karen X

Last edited by karonious; Dec 2nd 2007 at 7:40 am. Reason: spellin g......
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 9:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Woodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thank you

Well done Karen, you've managed a lot in the last two months, good on yer.
Good luck for the future and have a great summer in beautiful, peaceful NZ.
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 9:07 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Woodlea
Enjoy your fresh, new start and best of luck with everything.XXX

And don't you dare lose touch ...
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 9:16 am
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light

onwards and upwards,gl karen.....

as my grandmother used to say,

"what disnae kill yeh,just maks yeh stronger"

well she was scottish...jacky
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 9:46 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by garryhg
onwards and upwards,gl karen.....

as my grandmother used to say,

"what disnae kill yeh,just maks yeh stronger"

well she was scottish...jacky
Thank you Jacky!
I intend to move on and move up!
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 9:48 am
conquering the world!

Originally Posted by Woodlea
Thanks mate, it's been good to talk to you, your support has been great
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 2:14 pm
Happy in NB

Dave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond repute

In the age old cliche "Today is the beginning of the rest of your life" and you can go in whatever direction you want. Good job you have a SaTNaV to help guide you

Well done on tackling so much and coming out the other side in such a positive way. I am sure anyone who tuned into your blog feels the same way.

I wish good luck for you and Melissa in your new life.

Oh yes and Merry Christmas and best wishes for the New Year

I wanted to be the first to annoy you in the Christmas Season, now where did I put that Slade christmas album?
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 4:32 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Many many congratulations to you, Karen, and Melissa. May this be the start of a happy and contented life for you both (and let's not forget the puss-cats!).
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 1:09 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Am I allowed in here <looks round nervously>I obviously only know you from your blog but I think you're a flamin inspiration. I hope to god I am never in your position as I don't want to find out if I am made of the same stuff.

Have a cracking christmas.
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 3:03 am
conquering the world!

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Am I allowed in here <looks round nervously>I obviously only know you from your blog but I think you're a flamin inspiration. I hope to god I am never in your position as I don't want to find out if I am made of the same stuff.

Have a cracking christmas.
Your very welcome here - you could even drop into the Kiwi Bar for a pint or 21!
And a blimmin great Christmas to you too
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 4:29 am
BE Enthusiast

CAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of light

Yikes, it only took you three thousand posts to get here if I read that right. Too bad you couldn't earn some frequent posting points to use along the way.

It is great here. It feels more like home all the time now that we seem past the hump.
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 7:52 am
Cornish Lass

Marika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to behold

Hi Karen,
welldone for your strength you have shown, i hope your Christmas is a peaceful happy one, you and your daughter deserve it, will be thinking of you.
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 8:18 am
conquering the world!

Originally Posted by Marika 38
Hi Karen,
welldone for your strength you have shown, i hope your Christmas is a peaceful happy one, you and your daughter deserve it, will be thinking of you.
Thank you. I'm so at peace here, able to look forward instead of looking at the past. It's not the future I thought I would have a year ago, but I'm so emabracing it, it's 'all good' !!:cool
Karen X
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 12:50 pm
Forum Regular

Happy Wanderer is a name known to allHappy Wanderer is a name known to allHappy Wanderer is a name known to allHappy Wanderer is a name known to allHappy Wanderer is a name known to allHappy Wanderer is a name known to allHappy Wanderer is a name known to allHappy Wanderer is a name known to allHappy Wanderer is a name known to allHappy Wanderer is a name known to allHappy Wanderer is a name known to all

Originally Posted by karonious
Thank you. I'm so at peace here, able to look forward instead of looking at the past. It's not the future I thought I would have a year ago, but I'm so emabracing it, it's 'all good' !!:cool
Karen X

Wow, what a lovely thread to log on to (been away for a while) Good luck to you Karen and good on you! Hope you have a fantastic New Year and it brings you lots of wonderful surprises with your new beginnings.

It also sounds like there's quite a supportive and social network in Wellington, (in fact all over NZ) Living in a 'dry' country - It would be lovely to hop on a plane and come over for a night out to meet everyone. Never mind, here's a drink to your new start: