Moving to NZ

Old Aug 13th 2018, 6:03 pm
Just Joined

Harris197801 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to NZ

hi Guys,

Looking for some advice. My Company are currently in the process of setting up an office in New Zealand and have asked me to run it once opened. My family are all very excited about the move and my company have said that we can look at what parts of NZ we like and that’s where the office will be based. After looking we have narrowed down to a few places. They are Northland, Tauranga, Palmerston North and New Plymouth. Still quite extensive!! Are there any folk on here who live in these places to advise what they are like? We have three children aged 10,4 and 1 so schooling is very important. We will also be renting to begin with though, with a budget of approx NZD550 a week, we would need 4 beds, would that be a reasonable, achievable price to get something ‘nice’

my Wife currently is a partner in a solicitors &rim and would like to stay in the legal profession, not essarily with the stress of partnership though. Again what are the job markets like?

Our kids are very active enjoying dance, gym etc so would need an area which caters for these kinds of activities.

any help would be greatly appreciated
Old Aug 13th 2018, 10:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

chc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to NZ

Hi, depending on the type of business you are running, what will you need from a business point of view? A good size population and customer base, easy access to airports or transport? Or is the business more online and can be run from anywhere? The Legal profession is like any other, its a case of showing expertise and networking to get your name out there. Your wife might like to make contact with the NZ Law Society to check what she needs for a practicing certificate: https://www.lawsociety.org.nz/for-la...-jurisdictions
Old Aug 13th 2018, 11:02 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Couple of questions.

1 - What type of business.
2 - Does it already have a base in NZ
3 - Why the locations you have chosen
4 - Which visa route are you looking at.
Old Aug 14th 2018, 6:27 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by chc4me
Hi, depending on the type of business you are running, what will you need from a business point of view? A good size population and customer base, easy access to airports or transport? Or is the business more online and can be run from anywhere? The Legal profession is like any other, its a case of showing expertise and networking to get your name out there. Your wife might like to make contact with the NZ Law Society to check what she needs for a practicing certificate.
The business is in the travel industry. We deal with crew and guests onboard the mega yachts, arranging flights, hotels and visas etc. Location is not so important business wise as we dot not have clients ‘through the door’ so to speak.

Good idea re Law Society, my wife is going 5o get onto them this week.
Old Aug 14th 2018, 6:31 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BEVS
Couple of questions.

1 - What type of business.
2 - Does it already have a base in NZ
3 - Why the locations you have chosen
4 - Which visa route are you looking at.
1. Travel industry
2. We currently have a few homeworkers across NZ which once over we will be looking to expand on in one area working from an office. The staff already working from home will stay as they are.
3. The locations are ones we either know people in or have read up on and sound good. We would like to get other locals opinions on these areas too though.
4. We are speaking to an immigration advisor who has advised that with mine and my wife’s job offer/qualifications we can go straight to residency visa.
Old Aug 14th 2018, 7:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Harris197801
4. We are speaking to an immigration advisor who has advised that with mine and my wife’s job offer/qualifications we can go straight to residency visa.

Hmm, that all sounds so simple doesn't it. LOL This somewhat assumes that you or your wife have a legit job offer and the required qualifications and work experience to match.

(1) If your wife were to get a job offer, there likely would be conditions attached and likely some effort required to convert qualifications into NZ equivalents before she can practice here.
(2) Your company may be jumping the gun and possibly would not legally be able to offer you a job - don't they have to be accredited and prove that no local person is available to do the job. You also would need to come up to par in terms of skills and qualifications for the role.

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/empl...o-recruit-nzrs

Last edited by Bo-Jangles; Aug 14th 2018 at 7:45 am.
Old Aug 14th 2018, 9:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

If it was me I'd go for Tauranga
Its streets ahead of the rest in every aspect
Its only a couple of hours from Auckland, an hour from Hamilton or Rotorua

I would say forget Northland
Old Aug 15th 2018, 1:26 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Justcol
If it was me I'd go for Tauranga
Its streets ahead of the rest in every aspect
Its only a couple of hours from Auckland, an hour from Hamilton or Rotorua

I would say forget Northland
With regard to location , I would agree.

Yes. Bo-J. I agree .