Testing times

Old Jan 14th 2015, 9:34 am
BE Enthusiast

moonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to behold
Default Testing times

Well talk about a s**t week
Last week we were woken by the phone, it was my dad to tell me he has prostate cancer. He is having lots of tests done this Friday to see if it has spread, what state it is etc and then hopefully they can give a prognosis and treatment. Haven't told the kids as we need to know more before we tell them as other family members have died from cancer. Feel totally useless as I was the one that lived close by and dropped everything to help out

Then today hubby's parents arrived from the UK, mum got off the plane in a wheelchair, said that her feet had swollen badly and so had trouble walking so they provided a wheel chair, by the time we got her home we found out that she has fallen over twice in Hong Kong airport, just lost my balance she says. Then I noticed that she is not using her right arm, I ask her, oh I can't feel it she says. So off to the hospital and it's a suspected mini stroke, more tests to be done tomorrow. So even though she is here, with us, I still feel totally useless as she will be going back to UK at some point.

Of course I knew that sometime something like this would happen, but 2 in a week

But I do have to say that I haven't automatically said right were going back, so does that mean we are settling here? I worry for the kids having to deal with all this as well as saying goodbye to their grandparents again in 4 weeks time
Old Jan 14th 2015, 5:36 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Testing times

Aww hun sorry to hear that. Hope things for your dad work out and that mil improves over the coming days to enjoy the holiday. I'm back later today if there is anything I/We can do.
Old Jan 14th 2015, 5:51 pm
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry to hear this, hope they both get through ok.
Old Jan 14th 2015, 5:56 pm
wish I wasn't here!

Sparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear this - it is so hard when we live so far away. At least MIL is here and will have to be sufficiently well to be able to travel back, so you should feel reassured about her. For your dad, it is early days in his diagnosis, but as far as cancers go, and depending on what stage he is at, prostate cancer can be lived with for many years without too much intervention. But this does depend on where he's at - fingers crossed they've caught it early. Take care.x
Old Jan 14th 2015, 7:20 pm
Forum Regular

Chocoholics is just really niceChocoholics is just really niceChocoholics is just really niceChocoholics is just really niceChocoholics is just really niceChocoholics is just really niceChocoholics is just really niceChocoholics is just really nice

That is awful for you and for so many of us on here the long distance doesn't help when something unexpected like this happens. I hope things get better for you really soon.
Old Jan 14th 2015, 11:13 pm

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry about the bad news about your Dad's prostate cancer. Hopefully they can remove it or sort out a treatment plan. Our next door neighbour back in Britain had prostate cancer. His doctor just said he will probably die with it rather than because of it. He was right, he was in his eighties when he died of a totally unrelated condition.

Sorry about your MIL's swollen feet and the falls at Hong Kong airport and her mini stroke.

Not a great start to their visit, hopefully things will get better from here.

Last edited by Snap Shot; Jan 14th 2015 at 11:14 pm. Reason: hopefully
Old Jan 15th 2015, 12:22 am
BE Forum Addict

TommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear this moonie.

I'm with you on the tough times.

We got burgled the day before Christmas. Thankfully the assailant has been caught but we're going through the emotional rigmarole of opposing said assailant bail application, reliving the story time and again.

Also, my Nan passed away on Tuesday

I head back to the UK in time for her funeral on the 29th.

Prostate cancer horrible for your Dad, I hope it's at a stage that they can do something!

And as for your MIL, quite worrying. I hope the diagnosis is a positive one and she makes a swift recovery.
Old Jan 15th 2015, 6:24 am
BE Enthusiast

dannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond repute

Oh what awful news for you moonie. Be strong and take care of yourself!
Old Jan 15th 2015, 6:51 am
Forum Regular

janiejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond repute

Hugs to Moonie and Tommy, hope things look up for both of you.
Old Jan 15th 2015, 8:58 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

I do feel for you Moonie, such a worry for you. I hope that your Dad's prostate cancer has been caught early. If you have to get cancer at least prostate cancer is one of the most treatable ones with a good prognosis long-term.

Then your M-i-L too. I hope they get to the bottom of what's going on with her and that she has a good recovery.

Tommy, so sorry to hear of the loss of your Nan.

Thoughts are with you both xxx
Old Jan 15th 2015, 9:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Robbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond repute

Rubbish news Moonie, sorry to hear it and hope your Mum gets through it well.

Tommy, sorry to hear your news too and all the best on your trip back
Old Jan 16th 2015, 6:41 am
BE Enthusiast

moonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to behold

Oh tommy, so sorry to hear that, what an awful time, why do they all come at once, hopefully that is it for 2015
Old Jan 16th 2015, 8:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Moonie, my dad had a prostrate cancer diagnosis some years ago and he's still going strong.
Its a real worrying time but there is often a positive outcome.. Chin up !!

Tommy, as you know I recently had to return for a family funeral, I know what your going through. My thoughts are with you and your loved ones.
Old Jan 16th 2015, 11:54 am
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

Moonie, sorry to hear about your family's health issues.

Tommy, condolences for your loss. Have a safe journey back to the UK.
Old Jan 19th 2015, 12:15 am
BE Forum Addict

TommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond repute

Moonie - apologies in tagging along to/hijacking your thread here.

Thanks for for the condolences, people.

It's an odd feeling, wanting to be there for family when only Skype is the real option. Better than the phone I guess.

As it is I've been asked to help carry the coffin and read a eulogy on behalf of the grand kids. Although I've started crafting ideas, I suppose travelling for nearly a day and a half on my lonesome will provide enough time for thought.

I might have to pre-warn the cabin crew and those seated nearby that I'm liable to burst in to tears at any point while I try and get my words down on paper!!

It should be noted that Nan was very much much from the school of "life is too short" and "give something, anything a go once or you'll regret it". All of the other grand kids have also mentioned this in their thoughts of Nan for the eulogy.

In a sense her attitude and influence is probably the main reason I'm here in New Zealand, so with that in mind I'm not emotionally wavering on my presence in NZ - I'm just pleased to be in a position to pay my respects in person and honoured to be asked to be involved in the ceremony.

Bless you all for you kind words and concern.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.