Territorial authorities in NZ

Old Sep 4th 2009, 6:56 pm
THR
Account Closed

THR is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Territorial authorities in NZ

I have aquestion to ask about this article on wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Territo...of_New_Zealand

Namely, NZ has been divided into 73 local government units. Or are those units sub-divided into smaller units?

Still, if those 73 local authorities work as municipalities do in Europe, that makes one TA/60,000 people.

My question is that does the system work well at all in your country? I would imagine that people in the remote areas become even more remote because the area they live in is probably a part of some much larger TA. Therefore, all the services are gone.
Old Sep 4th 2009, 9:06 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Territorial authorities in NZ

Personally I believe the system works well here. Unlike large parts of the UK, you dont have someone in their office 500kms aways making decisions on a region that they have no experience of. In a nutshell local people making decisions on local issues.

I am sure the experince of the system probably varies though throughout the country