"Tender Sale"

Old Sep 5th 2009, 3:43 am
Forum Regular

aalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud of
Default "Tender Sale"

hi i was wondering if anyone could give us some info on how to submit a letter of tender for a sale...i.e what we have to put in it along with the price we want to pay?
Old Sep 5th 2009, 11:13 am
Forum Regular

ewanainsworth is just really niceewanainsworth is just really niceewanainsworth is just really niceewanainsworth is just really niceewanainsworth is just really niceewanainsworth is just really niceewanainsworth is just really niceewanainsworth is just really niceewanainsworth is just really nice
Default Re: "Tender Sale"

Hi there, I am a real estate salesman so hope I can help.

Along with the price you wish to pay you must list any conditions you wish to apply to your tender, eg conditional on the sale of your property.
Please be aware however that a tender that is an unconditional cash tender will be more attractive to the vendor.
Tenderers who need finance are therefore advised to have this pre arranged prior to submitting their offer.

The advert where you saw the property will say where and when to submit the tender. Your offer will be put in a sealed tender envelope and held secure and confidential until the tender closing time where all tenders will be opened at the same time by the real estate agent in the presence of the vendor. The vendor will then choose which offer to accept.

All unsuccessful tenderers are notified within 1 working day and any deposits are returned.

Hope this helps, if you have any further questions, I am happy to help if I can.

Good luck!!
Old Sep 5th 2009, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

aalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud of

Cheers thanks for that!!

Do we just write down how much we would pay and any conditions on a piece of paper or do we have to collect a form from the real estate people?

Thanks Again x

Originally Posted by ewanainsworth View Post
Hi there, I am a real estate salesman so hope I can help.

Along with the price you wish to pay you must list any conditions you wish to apply to your tender, eg conditional on the sale of your property.
Please be aware however that a tender that is an unconditional cash tender will be more attractive to the vendor.
Tenderers who need finance are therefore advised to have this pre arranged prior to submitting their offer.

The advert where you saw the property will say where and when to submit the tender. Your offer will be put in a sealed tender envelope and held secure and confidential until the tender closing time where all tenders will be opened at the same time by the real estate agent in the presence of the vendor. The vendor will then choose which offer to accept.

All unsuccessful tenderers are notified within 1 working day and any deposits are returned.

Hope this helps, if you have any further questions, I am happy to help if I can.

Good luck!!
Old Sep 5th 2009, 10:03 pm
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Hi - you should get a tender document from the agent and if you're unsure you can ask your solicitor to go through it with you.

Have you had a building inspection done on the property already? People sometimes do when it's a tender or auction process. If not, and if you want to have one done as a condition of sale, write something like

This agreement is subject to the Purchaser being satisfied with a building inspection carried out by an independent building inspector of their choice within 3/5/10 working days

It doesn't have to be all convoluted - just make sure that word 'satisfied' is in there. Good luck
Old Sep 6th 2009, 3:27 am
Forum Regular

ewanainsworth is just really niceewanainsworth is just really niceewanainsworth is just really niceewanainsworth is just really niceewanainsworth is just really niceewanainsworth is just really niceewanainsworth is just really niceewanainsworth is just really niceewanainsworth is just really nice

Yep, agree with above.

Good luck.
Old Sep 10th 2009, 11:08 am
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ewanainsworth View Post

Please be aware that the successful 'tenderer' will have their cheque deposit cashed immediately! I didn't realise this and only expected my deposit cheque to be cashed when the contract went unconditional. I was not happy as I had not transferred the cash from my savings acct to my chequeing account in time!!!

Last edited by cappuccino; Sep 10th 2009 at 11:09 am. Reason: spelling