Temporary Accomodation Options

Temporary Accomodation Options

Old Oct 23rd 2012, 6:43 pm
JPA
Forum Regular

JPA is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Temporary Accomodation Options

Hi All,

I'm Just working out our budget for the move and one of the items I have listed is a temporary accomodation. This would be somewhere thats small like a flat, furnished into which we could move after arriving off the plane from the UK.

We would perhaps stay here for a few weeks until we find a suitable rental. Bearing in mind that shipping will take 8 to 10 weeks max Im wondering about the options.

We could stay in a furnished short term accomodation/flat for 8 weeks and have a nice unfurnished rental ready for when our stuff arrives. (probably the expensive option)

Or we could short term it for a week or two and then get the unfurninshed rental earlier, but need to rent a pile of stuff to see us through (possibly cheaper?)

Just wondering what experiences peeps have had and if they have any reccomendations for the furnished short term accomodation.

Thoughts appreciated.

Cheers for now
John
Old Oct 24th 2012, 12:23 am
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Temporary Accomodation Options

Where abouts are you heading? That way people can reccommend some places.

We rented a place for about 2 weeks, and that was through a one-off ad on this forum. That worked well for us.

We've found the most popular for fully furnsihed places are:

www.holidayhomes.co.nz
www.holidayhouses.co.nz
www.bookabach.co.nz

We run a place in Chch, and advertise on the top 2, and they seem to cater well for people in your situation. The only negative is they are generally quite highly priced, so if you are staying for a week or more, do be sure to ask if they offer a discount on their daily rates - most will come back with something.

Good luck with the move!
Old Oct 24th 2012, 1:57 am
Just Joined

kcampbell has a spectacular aura aboutkcampbell has a spectacular aura aboutkcampbell has a spectacular aura about

Where are you going to be, we are in Auckland and have a space (flat) that we rent short term, we are ex pats so can help answer lots of questions and advice. I have a classified on here
Old Oct 24th 2012, 1:57 am
Just Joined

kcampbell has a spectacular aura aboutkcampbell has a spectacular aura aboutkcampbell has a spectacular aura about

hers my add - let me know if it is of interest
http://britishexpats.com/classifieds...t=6069&cat=500
Old Oct 24th 2012, 7:24 pm
JPA
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Wiz'n'Ton
Where abouts are you heading? That way people can reccommend some places.

We rented a place for about 2 weeks, and that was through a one-off ad on this forum. That worked well for us.

We've found the most popular for fully furnsihed places are:

www.holidayhomes.co.nz
www.holidayhouses.co.nz
www.bookabach.co.nz

We run a place in Chch, and advertise on the top 2, and they seem to cater well for people in your situation. The only negative is they are generally quite highly priced, so if you are staying for a week or more, do be sure to ask if they offer a discount on their daily rates - most will come back with something.

Good luck with the move!
Not sure, likely Auckalnd or Wellington, but we'll know after our next trip. I had seen those places you listed and we were considering the holiday home option. Negotiating on a discounted rate for a few weeks is a good tip, thanks.
Old Oct 24th 2012, 7:25 pm
JPA
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kcampbell
hers my add - let me know if it is of interest
http://britishexpats.com/classifieds...t=6069&cat=500
Hi, we'll certainly be interesetd if its Auk. Our actual move will be around May next year, so I will keep a note of the offer. Once we know I will give you a shout. Thanks.
Old Oct 24th 2012, 8:43 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by JPA
Hi, we'll certainly be interesetd if its Auk. Our actual move will be around May next year, so I will keep a note of the offer. Once we know I will give you a shout. Thanks.
No worries, feel free to ask any questions, Kay
Old Oct 25th 2012, 8:34 am
BE Enthusiast

GoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond repute

We are also from Brizzle we came out here 13 months ago. We are in Auckland.

If things don't work out with the pp, we stayed in Sea Vista apartments when we first arrived...

http://www.seavistaapartments.co.nz/
Old Oct 28th 2012, 6:17 pm
JPA
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by GoingIn2011
We are also from Brizzle we came out here 13 months ago. We are in Auckland.

If things don't work out with the pp, we stayed in Sea Vista apartments when we first arrived...

http://www.seavistaapartments.co.nz/

Thanks for the link. They look nice.
Can't wait to escape Bristol.
Old Nov 2nd 2012, 8:04 am
Forum Regular

Mrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really nice

We stayed in a serviced apartment for two weeks, rented a shed for 18 months then built a house with heating, insulation and double glazing

We rented a fridge, tv, washing machine and microwave, sat on two deck chairs and slept on a blow up bed for 2 months - it soon passes. Mr rental!!!

We shipped the kettle, iron, cutlery, few mugs separately so arrived soon after us. Bought cheap plates and glasses. We needed a new quilt and pillows anyway.