Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Temp Work in Auckland?

Temp Work in Auckland?

Old Feb 23rd 2013, 8:08 pm
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Temp Work in Auckland?

Hi all

I have a client (immigrant but not British) who is considering temp work as an option. She is in the enviable position of not needing full time work, so permanence is not a requirement. She has office work experience, a degree, but no secretarial experience. Her main problem is she has no kiwi work experience and I'm wondering if this would be a way of gaining some.

Anyone here have any experience of temping in Auckland? Can you recommend any agencies?

Many thanks

Jo
Old Feb 24th 2013, 4:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Temp Work in Auckland?

I did a similar thing for a very short whilst out of work and getting desperate, as you probably already know temping isn't quite the thing it is in the UK and there aren't that many opportunities. You just have to sign up with all the usual agencies, Addecco, Hay, Hudsons, Madisons and the like spring to mind and see what they have suitable at the time - if anything.

I ended up getting contract work for a period of time after only a very short temping assignment so no long-term or in depth experience but it is a good way to build up rep with an agency as they'll get feedback from their clients and most likely to push you forward for other work if you're a good'un. You know how it goes here, it's all about who you know rather than what you know and even just getting one foot into the doorway of one place can open doors elsewhere.