Telly.

Old Jun 27th 2007, 8:39 am
Just Joined

alanbos66 is just really nicealanbos66 is just really nicealanbos66 is just really nicealanbos66 is just really nicealanbos66 is just really nicealanbos66 is just really nicealanbos66 is just really nicealanbos66 is just really nicealanbos66 is just really nice
Default Telly.

Just a quick question, will my tv work in NZ? I know british tellies work on
PAL I but i believe the ones in NZ use PAL G/B. Are better just getting a new one?
Old Jun 27th 2007, 8:46 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: Telly.

Originally Posted by alanbos66
PAL I but i believe the ones in NZ use PAL G/B. Are better just getting a new one?
The shops that sell TVs here would appreciate your business.
Old Jun 27th 2007, 8:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Woodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond repute

Yes TV work - but only through Sky or a Kiwi VCR
Old Jun 27th 2007, 9:04 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Woodlea
Yes TV work - but only through Sky or a Kiwi VCR
Or through Freeview - $299, as oppossed to buying a new LCD smallish flat screen for between $800 - $1,400 approx? Our TV has picture, but no sound. LardyL is the resident TV expert!
Old Jun 27th 2007, 9:05 am
Just Joined

alanbos66 is just really nicealanbos66 is just really nicealanbos66 is just really nicealanbos66 is just really nicealanbos66 is just really nicealanbos66 is just really nicealanbos66 is just really nicealanbos66 is just really nicealanbos66 is just really nice

Cheers mate, looks like i will have to subscribe to Sky. Oh Well eh! What a fantastic excuse to keep up with the footy!!!!!
Old Jun 27th 2007, 10:49 am
BE Enthusiast

donnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to behold

Cheers mate, looks like i will have to subscribe to Sky. Oh Well eh! What a fantastic excuse to keep up with the footy!!!!!
Only if your prepared to pay extra for the sports channel!
Oh, yes - and get up t the crack of dawn / middle of the night to watch games. I was woken by a steady stream of people coming to our house to watch the European Championship at 6am a few weeks ago! They did bring McDonalds brekkies with them though...
Old Jun 27th 2007, 11:04 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by donnaf
Only if your prepared to pay extra for the sports channel!
Oh, yes - and get up t the crack of dawn / middle of the night to watch games. I was woken by a steady stream of people coming to our house to watch the European Championship at 6am a few weeks ago! They did bring McDonalds brekkies with them though...
ahhhh, McDonalds brekkies, the food of champions!!!
Old Jun 27th 2007, 11:26 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

not all my son - my Tosh does the fabled PAL-G also you can get the freeview sat boxes for not as much as in the shops - see trademe, and
http://www.freeviewshop.co.nz/freeview-faq-i-1.html
also see:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...8&postcount=36

I know a man who knows more but will have to PM the details (as he is persona non grata around here nowadays!)
Old Jun 27th 2007, 11:28 am
BE Enthusiast

donnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to behold

ahhhh, McDonalds brekkies, the food of champions!!!
Unfortunately for Danny not on that particular day...
Old Jun 27th 2007, 11:38 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by donnaf
Unfortunately for Danny not on that particular day...
Them's the breaks, my kid brother was there, missed out on Istanbul because it was too expensive to get there, but they had a great time in Athens in spite of the result!
Old Jun 27th 2007, 2:15 pm
Forum Regular

frattonlad has a spectacular aura aboutfrattonlad has a spectacular aura aboutfrattonlad has a spectacular aura about

Hi I have one of the TVs with built in Freeview, will this still work or do we need other fandangled bits and bobs???
Cheers

Old Jun 27th 2007, 3:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

nero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond repute

We e-mailed Phillips re our LCD TV and although it didn't say anything in the literature they had said it will in NZ.
Old Jun 27th 2007, 8:36 pm
you dewty owld maan!

Originally Posted by frattonlad
Hi I have one of the TVs with built in Freeview, will this still work or do we need other fandangled bits and bobs???
Cheers

freeview in UK (DVB or digital terrestrial) is not the same as freeview in NZ as the NZ one is via satellite and the UK via an aerial (hence "terrestrial"). So UK freeview decoder will not work with NZ signal but your TV might be able to receive NZ analogue (old-style) TV signals. Good luck.
Old Jun 28th 2007, 4:34 am
BE Enthusiast

brussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to behold

Best to get rid of any TVs in England, unless they are newish Plasma/HDTV ones
Old Jun 28th 2007, 7:17 am
you dewty owld maan!

Originally Posted by brussels_sprout
Best to get rid of any TVs in England, unless they are newish Plasma/HDTV ones
why? the picture on analogue sources from my 36ZP38 (a big beast of a CRT, tube, TV) is far better than most plasmas LCDs or DLPs and with the NZ sun straming into the room it is brighter than most - of course it cost an extra £50 for the packing case but that ain't gonna buy you much of a plasma even if you include the few hundred pounds I would have got to sell it!!

Last edited by lardyl; Jun 28th 2007 at 8:11 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.