Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Tell Me All The Bad Things About New Zealand

Tell Me All The Bad Things About New Zealand

Old May 18th 2013, 9:27 am
My word is my bond.

Arthur Daley has much to be proud ofArthur Daley has much to be proud ofArthur Daley has much to be proud ofArthur Daley has much to be proud ofArthur Daley has much to be proud ofArthur Daley has much to be proud ofArthur Daley has much to be proud ofArthur Daley has much to be proud ofArthur Daley has much to be proud ofArthur Daley has much to be proud ofArthur Daley has much to be proud of
Default Re: Tell Me All The Bad Things About New Zealand

Originally Posted by Meriatressia
I want to know all the bad things about New Zealand.

My husband has this extremely naive, rose tinted lenses, view on the country.
He;d like to emigrate there. But I don't believe the hype.

So, whats the deal with NZ.

I don't believe that it's so good. Not one bit.

I don't care about what country we'd go to, if we won the lottery.
My demands for that are straightforward.

speak english
temperate climate
good internet
no games and media censorship
people that keep out of my business
supermarkets and convieniant and low priced shopping
affordable places to live in rural areas
House with central heating and a combination boiler.
no water regulation garbage

NZ is the closest to this,as far I can tell.

I don't like beaches, I hate barbecues, and I don't go hiking or any of that.
I just want a temperate place to live, in the country in a nice area, with proper shops, with not too high expenses.
Were people keep out of my business.

I don't believe for 1 minute that NZ is this nicey nicey place they like to project. The promotion is sugar coated drivel.
No place is that nice.

Every single country ever, has bad things in it.
Be it a high council or land tax, or high health fees.
There's always something.
There has to be taxes. Sometimes for good reasons. Sometimes for stupid reasons, just to make money.

But they never mention the bad things, when promoting it.

So, tell me the bad things. All of them.
No hiding things. I want the full list.

What is the housing like? Are wages low? Expenses high?
Are the animals toxic to a high degree?

I am not a easily fooled pansy. I want supermarkets and shops.
Proper supermarkets not some overly cutsey many shops far away thing.
I want to be able to go to a shop when I need to.
To be able to buy what I want.

I don't care about people. So long as they keep out of my business, I'm fine.

NZ strikes me as very sickly country. Projecting a non existant ideal that never existed. There is something very wrong with the lack of bad things mentioned about it. It does'nt strike me as being honest.
Something that not even the tacky australia does.
No way I'd go to australia. But it seems quite honest in promoting it.

What is the games and media market like? Can you get all the games
and films that other countries get?
I know australia does'nt.

Gaming is very important to me. I want to be able to get games when I want, and to play F2P PC games when I want to.
No censorship garbage. No blocking them for country.
I'll take the games coming out later. So long as they come out.
I don't buy games till the price drops a LOT, anyway.
It the internet regulated and censored.

What is the crime like. Are the police effiecient.

What happens if you get a emergency?
Would your emergency broken ankle trip to the hospital be compounded by a massive bill?

One thing england does right, the NHS.

Do you need health insurance?

What is the work conditions like. Are they corrupt, or union regulated?

What if you have a dispute. Will the unions be able to argue in your defence?
Not saying they're any good, but you have to know if they are in effect.

Are there any outstandingly huge taxes or expenses?
There's always something.

From other threads, there appears to be some stupid charges.

I would want to live in the country and no other place.

In a place without earthquakes. His brother got earthquakes.

What is the religious tolerance like.
I'm a pagan. I won't be go to a place that is anti pagan and polytheistic.
Im not a overt show off, I just want to know.

What about racism.
I'm white, so the white on others is'nt my problem.
We're both white, so we're fine for that.

Is there any other race on white racism?
You never know.
No chance I'm going a place were there is.

What are utility bills like.
Do they pull stunts with the water in summer. Like stopping you washing or hosepipe bans.
I don't have hosepipes or use them, but it's a example of rubbish that they can try.

Is there any stupid house and garden rubbish.

I know a friend in america who had nasty authorities ripped up his front garden for not being a lawn.

I won't be going anywere that demands you have the same garden as your neighbours.
I will make my garden what I want it be. But make sure it's safe to go down paths and pass, obviously.

What is the councils like. Are they intrusive.
Are all rural areas piped water. I won't be messing round with a generater and septic tank.

What is driving like. Is it heavily taxed. Are roads tole roads. What does transport cost.

What are the authorities like. Are they more sickly, overbearing, than the average athority?

Just how backwards is this country.

Please, answer me as honestly as possible.
I want to hear the very worst things of this country.
Yep - NZ is just for you.
Try Stewart Island as I think that the opportunities for a bell end like you are endless down there.
Old May 18th 2013, 10:14 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meriatressia
I want to know all the bad things about New Zealand.

I want to hear the very worst things of this country.
I decide to snip the bullcrap in your post, I don't live in NZ, but I know that, like every other country there are taxes, there are rules, there are regulations, and, yes the local councils and national government inpose them. There are occasional earthquakes, some are big ones, after all it is a country formed by volcanos.
You are looking for Utopia, but I'm afraid it just doesn't exist, unless you buy your own country, then everything can be as you want, of course you would have no infrastructure there, no supermarkets etc, but you could make up your own laws..

That part of my reply was assuming you aren't a troll, but as your post suggests you are, then I wait with bated breath for you to respond
Old May 18th 2013, 10:05 pm
Account Closed

DandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Arthur Daley
Yep - NZ is just for you.
Try Stewart Island as I think that the opportunities for a bell end like you are endless down there.
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, just NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, you leave Stewart Island out of this utter BS!!!!
Old May 18th 2013, 11:28 pm
Just Joined

Meriatressia is just really niceMeriatressia is just really niceMeriatressia is just really niceMeriatressia is just really niceMeriatressia is just really niceMeriatressia is just really niceMeriatressia is just really niceMeriatressia is just really nice

Originally Posted by Sue
Hi welcome to BE.

The best way to start interacting on a new forum is to ease your way into it gently, get to know everyone first, read through all the other threads, 99% of what you are asking has already been asked, and answered in the past. So by reading the other threads you will find the answers to many of your questions and you will get to know other members at the same time.

I would also suggest reading through the articles in our article section here
I have looked at previous posts. Hence my questions, in the percific detail, that ask about the ammount of and level of shops they have, and other things.

Having seen comments that say there is no supermarkets.
And I know they have earthquakes, because my brother got them. I want to know just how common they are.
Actually asking him what was bad would be useless. Since his definitions are warped, to say the least.
This is the highly paid man who thought we were going to spend £500 to go to his wedding, to be unpaid babysitters for his children while he and his wife went on honeymoon.
A marriage that later ended in divorce.

Unfortunately most of the answers I have got here are absolutely useless.

A lot are are downright bullying.

I made my questions clear. Realistic things that most people should be able to answer, in part at least.

But apparently you've got to be a sickening suck up to these people, and not ask about bad things, only good things.
Old May 18th 2013, 11:41 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry folks closing this thread. Not sure its serving any purpose.