Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

telephone interview

telephone interview

Old Aug 1st 2011, 7:24 am
Forum Regular

chauxfleur is a name known to allchauxfleur is a name known to allchauxfleur is a name known to allchauxfleur is a name known to allchauxfleur is a name known to allchauxfleur is a name known to allchauxfleur is a name known to allchauxfleur is a name known to allchauxfleur is a name known to allchauxfleur is a name known to allchauxfleur is a name known to all
Default telephone interview

I have a phone interview tonight for the company I want to work for in NZ... I've never dine a phone interview before - any hints or tips?

Is there anything you wish you'd asked?

Ta muchly

Rebekah
Old Aug 1st 2011, 7:30 am
Account Closed

DandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: telephone interview

Originally Posted by chauxfleur
I have a phone interview tonight for the company I want to work for in NZ... I've never dine a phone interview before - any hints or tips?

Is there anything you wish you'd asked?

Ta muchly

Rebekah
Hi

not sure what type of job you are being interviewed for, however i asked these :

• What first attracted you to the company?
• How do you measure success in your teams? 

• What would you say are the main challenges of this role?
• What is the most important thing I can achieve within the first 90 days of my employment? 

• What attributes does this company value most in its employees?
• Do you have any questions or concerns about my ability to perform this job given that i have never worked in NZ before?
• How has the current economic climate affected the company?

Wishng you the very best of luck
Jo
Old Aug 1st 2011, 9:27 am
Just Joined

JennyV has a brilliant futureJennyV has a brilliant futureJennyV has a brilliant futureJennyV has a brilliant futureJennyV has a brilliant futureJennyV has a brilliant futureJennyV has a brilliant futureJennyV has a brilliant future

My husband had a telephone interview with a company in NZ last week, and is going to have a second interview via Skype. Said it was about an hour long and he had to speak to their HR person first, then the engineer who was interviewing him (he's an engineering geologist). Said it was pretty relaxed - the engineer who interviewed him was originally from the uk!
He was working a night shift last night so is asleep right now, but i'll ask him if he's got any tips when he wakes up!
Old Aug 1st 2011, 10:42 am
We're HERE!!!

Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck! Let us know how it went!
Old Aug 1st 2011, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

chauxfleur is a name known to allchauxfleur is a name known to allchauxfleur is a name known to allchauxfleur is a name known to allchauxfleur is a name known to allchauxfleur is a name known to allchauxfleur is a name known to allchauxfleur is a name known to allchauxfleur is a name known to allchauxfleur is a name known to allchauxfleur is a name known to all

Done it! Providing the sums stack up I'll be winging my way to NZ in November... oWoooooo
Old Aug 2nd 2011, 12:13 am
We're HERE!!!

Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute

Done it! Providing the sums stack up I'll be winging my way to NZ in November... oWoooooo
Well done!! We're heading out end of November too!
Old Aug 2nd 2011, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

Thanks! By the looks of things my route out has been much easier than yours, congrats on finally getting through! Filled in my visa paperwork this morning... Now to work out how to tell my family!
Old Aug 2nd 2011, 10:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Luckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of light

Gratz good luck
Old Aug 2nd 2011, 12:34 pm
We're HERE!!!

Thanks! By the looks of things my route out has been much easier than yours, congrats on finally getting through! Filled in my visa paperwork this morning... Now to work out how to tell my family!
Yes it took us ages
Good luck telling the family!
Old Nov 29th 2011, 7:47 am
Just Joined

jennyfd is an unknown quantity at this point

1. Tell me about yourself?
2. What are your biggest strengths?
3. Why did you leave your last job?
4. What are your career goals?
5. Why do you want to work here?
6. What is your greatest weakness?
7. How many years of experience do you have in _____?
8. What are the top duties you perform in your current position?
9. Why are you considering leaving your current position?
10. What do you know about this company/position?

Phone interview questions and face to face interview questions, I see they're quite similar...