Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Telephone Interview

Telephone Interview

Old Dec 7th 2010, 2:16 pm
Forum Regular

cookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to all
Default Telephone Interview

Hi Just wondering what sort of questions you were asked during your telephone interviews? Ours is this week and we have no idea what to expect.

Thanks In Advance
Hayley x

(Bloody HHH key is rubbish......Title should be telepHone interview.....oops)
Old Dec 7th 2010, 2:59 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Telephone Interview

Originally Posted by cookie2b
(Bloody HHH key is rubbish......Title should be telepHone interview.....oops)
No worries, I've changed it for you
Old Dec 7th 2010, 4:47 pm

Flower Pot is an unknown quantity at this point

I asked the same question a few months back! Check out the thread, very useful!

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hone+interview
xx
Old Dec 7th 2010, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

cookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Sue
No worries, I've changed it for you
Thanks I'm not illiterate really lol
Old Dec 7th 2010, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Flower Pot
I asked the same question a few months back! Check out the thread, very useful!

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hone+interview
xx
Thanks hunni, your a star!
Old Dec 8th 2010, 8:13 am
BE Enthusiast

LukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond repute

I have sent you a PM.
Old Dec 8th 2010, 5:19 pm
Forum Regular

grantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to all

Hi there,

I have done a few Telephone Interviews over the years. The questions have been similar to what they would ask in person, but there are important things to do when over the phone.

Personally, I think the single most important thing when doing a phone interview is to take your time when you talk. Don't rush into answers too quickly, take your time and answer slowly, and clearly.

The 1st one I had, I rushed my answers a lot and spoke quickly, and the result was lots of uncomfortable pauses as the interviewer tried to process what I had just said!!

I found when I took my time to answer, and spoke clearly, the whole interview became more of a chat and less formal, and much better!

Another important thing is - SMILE! If you smile when talking on the phone, believe it or not, the effects are felt at the other end !! The interviewers will know you are relaxed, happy and confident.

Hope that helps,

Grant ;-)
Old Dec 8th 2010, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by grantanddebs
Hi there,

I have done a few Telephone Interviews over the years. The questions have been similar to what they would ask in person, but there are important things to do when over the phone.

Personally, I think the single most important thing when doing a phone interview is to take your time when you talk. Don't rush into answers too quickly, take your time and answer slowly, and clearly.

The 1st one I had, I rushed my answers a lot and spoke quickly, and the result was lots of uncomfortable pauses as the interviewer tried to process what I had just said!!

I found when I took my time to answer, and spoke clearly, the whole interview became more of a chat and less formal, and much better!

Another important thing is - SMILE! If you smile when talking on the phone, believe it or not, the effects are felt at the other end !! The interviewers will know you are relaxed, happy and confident.

Hope that helps,

Grant ;-)
Hi Grant,
Thanks for that. Im never nervous about anything lol its a bit of a running joke in our family that i just don't feel pressure

but this seems to be getting to me a tad (don't tell anyone)

thanks again
Old Dec 10th 2010, 3:43 pm
Forum Regular

OK had phone interview this morning! relatively painless. All seemed good e said he couldn't see why we wouldn't be accepted and explained how the WTR Visa will work and that we can have them issued in NZ so when we leave on tuesday!!! We will not be on our return flights!!!

Thanks for all of the tips and advice!

Hayley x
Old Dec 11th 2010, 7:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cookie2b
OK had phone interview this morning! relatively painless. All seemed good e said he couldn't see why we wouldn't be accepted and explained how the WTR Visa will work and that we can have them issued in NZ so when we leave on tuesday!!! We will not be on our return flights!!!

Thanks for all of the tips and advice!

Hayley x
Nice one