Telephone

Old May 17th 2007, 1:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

nero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond repute
Default Telephone

Will our land line telephones work in NZ. I know the plug for our answer machine will need changing but what about the bit that plugs into the network?
Old May 17th 2007, 1:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

julesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Telephone

scraped this off the ENZ site for 2005:-

For the avoidance of doubt - Others may have said just change the plugs. Unplug your UK phone, ship it here, plug straight into the phone socket and make some phone calls back to your pals in the UK to let the know what they are missing.

If your UK phone needs to be connected to mains electrickery you (cordless or comined ans machine) you will need to change the mains elec plug to fit NZ sockets.

AFAIK Caller ID hasn't yet been implemented here - you can't see who's calling you. Thats about the only difference to the UK

Not having bought landline hardware in the UK for so long I could not comment if it is cheaper here or not. We bought a pair of cordless landline fones for $85 from the warehouse (where everybody gets a bargain)

so to me it looks as though they are ok.
Old May 17th 2007, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

Karen2000 is just really niceKaren2000 is just really niceKaren2000 is just really niceKaren2000 is just really niceKaren2000 is just really niceKaren2000 is just really niceKaren2000 is just really niceKaren2000 is just really niceKaren2000 is just really nice

Hi

I have caller ID in New Zealand . I don`t think the phones will work here though as we didn`t bring ours with us , my OH installs in NZ so he would have said bring them if they worked I think , I will ask him this evening

Karen
Old May 18th 2007, 12:00 am
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

In short - yes. The standard phone socket is a BT socket and both of our phones work fine.
Old May 18th 2007, 12:21 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Yes. You're phones will work.
Old May 18th 2007, 12:54 am
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS here
Yes. You're phones will work.
Our UK phones don't work here!!!