Telecom Overload

Old May 15th 2006, 10:47 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Telecom Overload

I've only just got back on the net and had trouble tonight getting online ... turns out Telecom can't cope with demand and were overloaded :scared:
Old May 15th 2006, 10:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Winnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud of
Default Re: Telecom Overload

Originally Posted by sky
I've only just got back on the net and had trouble tonight getting online ... turns out Telecom can't cope with demand and were overloaded :scared:
I thought is was my puter. Did the same to me last night and gave up. How can they not cope with such a small population?
Old May 15th 2006, 10:56 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Winnie
I thought is was my puter. Did the same to me last night and gave up. How can they not cope with such a small population?
Is a bit worrying isn't it, when they get unbundled and the competition steps in it should be better hopefully
Old May 15th 2006, 11:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Winnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud of

Bloody hell, my tv has gone off now! Will the lights be next??????????? :scared:
Old May 15th 2006, 11:17 am
sky
Banned

Originally Posted by Winnie
Bloody hell, my tv has gone off now! Will the lights be next??????????? :scared:
Get the candles out! Have you bottled water?
Old May 15th 2006, 11:38 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

I couldn't get on either - bloody stupid! They've been going mad advertising new speeds and then you can't even get connected
Old May 15th 2006, 6:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Mutual entertainment

I must say I was jolly well annoyed with Telecom……..what an amateurish outfit!

And yet the message has not changed on their home page about no problems on the Telecom network.

There was crap on TV so nothing much to do and I was convinced the lights were going to blow as there were power spikes………….oh dear………….what is a man and woman to do?

We entertained each other, at least that was jolly nice!
Old May 16th 2006, 6:21 pm
sky
Banned

Telecom broadband was overloaded again last night
Old May 16th 2006, 10:44 pm
Member of Mumo-land

mumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of light

Bunch of amateurs.eh?
Old May 17th 2006, 1:31 am
sky
Banned

I know and all that advertising to attract new customers! now they have them they can't cope
Old May 17th 2006, 1:59 am
Forum Regular

IainW is just really niceIainW is just really niceIainW is just really niceIainW is just really niceIainW is just really niceIainW is just really niceIainW is just really niceIainW is just really niceIainW is just really niceIainW is just really niceIainW is just really nice

Telecom broadband was still connected and working, it was their DNS servers that fell over. It used to happen with BT back in the UK as well.

You can get around the problem by specifying a different dns server - although frankly I just turned off the computer and read a good book instead.
Old May 17th 2006, 3:36 am
sky
Banned

Yea I did something more interesting too
Old May 17th 2006, 3:37 am
sky
Banned

I did wonder how I managed to get through to someone on Skype even though I couldn't get on the internet
Old May 17th 2006, 5:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Question Telecom Overload

Originally Posted by mumomonty
Bunch of amateurs.eh?

Que?