British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Teenagers / Twitter (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/teenagers-twitter-791425/)

marblep Mar 22nd 2013 8:21 am

Teenagers / Twitter

I've just read my 18 year old nieces twitter. Which, sadly led me to my 14 year old nephew's.

Someone please tell me, that 'fingering' is a euphemism?

mikelincs Mar 22nd 2013 8:36 am

Re: Teenagers / Twitter

Originally Posted by marblep (Post 10617968)
I've just read my 18 year old nieces twitter. Which, sadly led me to my 14 year old nephew's.

Someone please tell me, that 'fingering' is a euphemism?

euphemism for what?.. certainly it would seem to refer to some sort of sexual activity..

jmh Mar 22nd 2013 8:39 am

I guess it's a euphemism for safe sex!:lol:

Reply to her twitter and remind her about using a condom if she 'goes too far'. Offer to get her some supplies in. Be a good auntie.

mikelincs Mar 22nd 2013 8:55 am

Originally Posted by jmh (Post 10617990)
I guess it's a euphemism for safe sex!:lol:

Reply to her twitter and remind her about using a condom if she 'goes too far'. Offer to get her some supplies in. Be a good auntie.

I suspect the worry is about the fact that the comment appeared on the 14yr old's twitter feed..

MrsFychan Mar 22nd 2013 9:13 am

depends what the rest said. who knows what the youth of today use words for, sick in my day meant you didn't feel well. (oh and that's probably a quite an old example now)

jmh Mar 22nd 2013 9:53 am

I worked with teenagers so maybe that is why I don't find it shocking. A friendly word from Auntie may make them aware of the public nature of their communication, but I can assure you they say a lot worse in private. At 14 the boy knows the birds and the bees. Tell him to stick a condom on it too.

marblep Mar 22nd 2013 10:04 am

Every second phrase is 'let's finger you' or you're too loose to be fingered!!!! This is the society we have to look forward to???

MrsFychan Mar 22nd 2013 10:10 am

he does realise that its open to the whole world to see and that whoever he is talking to is probably under age so also against the law ? (that'll be a no then) maybe parents need to be made aware and his access to the WWW be put on hold for some time

marblep Mar 22nd 2013 10:34 am

Check out any twitter (if you dare). My nephew follows an utter twunt, I won't name him. He has 100k followers, and his claim to fame is asking young girls to post pictures of themselves in compromising positions.

Charismatic Mar 22nd 2013 11:40 am

Originally Posted by marblep (Post 10618087)
This is the society we have to look forward to???

I know, all that fingering and not a hand job in sight. Selfish!

Originally Posted by marblep (Post 10618130)
My nephew follows an utter twunt, I won't name him. He has 100k followers, and his claim to fame is asking young girls to post pictures of themselves in compromising positions.

Hugh Heffner AICMFP.

M_and_M Mar 22nd 2013 11:47 am

I work with teenagers too. The things they talk about is quite frankly shocking. AND, social media is our biggest bug bear. I like the friendly auntie tweet idea. :)

mikelincs Mar 22nd 2013 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by M_and_M (Post 10618264)
I work with teenagers too. The things they talk about is quite frankly shocking. AND, social media is our biggest bug bear. I like the friendly auntie tweet idea. :)

The problem is that you can be blocked on Twitter, I know that my grandaughter has me on a block list, same as she has on Facebook, no idea why, think she just doesn't want us to know what she is doing.

M_and_M Mar 22nd 2013 5:41 pm

oh! I didn't know that you could do that! :(