British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Ted Logan's most excellent 40th birthday party dude (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/ted-logans-most-excellent-40th-birthday-party-dude-530186/)

Kerry W Apr 18th 2008 7:20 am

Ted Logan's most excellent 40th birthday party dude

Ted Logan or those who know him personally - Dirk - is celebrating his 40th birthday party on the Saturday 12th July.

The party will be held at our home in Miramar (PM me for our address if your coming) at 7.30pm onwards - strictly no kids as we don't want to be blackmailed by any of them the next day :rofl:

As we want to inject a little fun into the party and as Dirk has a good sense of humour !!? and as we live in the Peter Jacksonville area we thought it would be most appropriate to have a fancy dress 'Movie and TV theme night' - so this gives you lots of time to plan your costumes and arrange those babysitters.

Need any help for ideas - here are some suggestions - "The Wiggles", "Superman", "James Bond", "Daffyd from Little Britian", "Ali G" so get your thinking caps on!

Bring a bottle and a plate as every little goes a long way :)

If anyone wants to stay over night, book early as rooms are limited !!

Wilma & co Apr 18th 2008 8:04 pm

Re: Ted Logan's most excellent 40th birthday party dude

OH B****R!!!!! :mad: We will be in UK then! :curse: Change the date....go on:unsure:.....just for me:o....no :(...oh :blink:....have a great time then, and I insist on seeing all the photographic evidence! :thumbsup:

stasia Apr 18th 2008 8:32 pm

well you know i'll be there babe, loz will babysit so will be hubby and children free...watch out windows!!

dreamfish Apr 19th 2008 9:15 am

Hi K and D,
We have recently had the dates of the arrival of dribble's family and they unfortunately coincide with your party. We are sure you guys will have a fantastic time and yes, like Wilma, wanna see pics!

Kerry W Apr 19th 2008 10:31 am

Oh dear sorry you guys won't be able to make it but will definately have some piccies :thumbsup:

simonmarkellis Apr 19th 2008 11:00 am

Originally Posted by dreamfish (Post 6232259)
Hi K and D,
We have recently had the dates of the arrival of dribble's family and they unfortunately coincide with your party. We are sure you guys will have a fantastic time and yes, like Wilma, wanna see pics!

Does this mean your available for baby sitting!!! Even if he is 9?:rofl::rofl:;)

dreamfish Apr 19th 2008 11:26 am

Originally Posted by simonmarkellis (Post 6232585)
Does this mean your available for baby sitting!!! Even if he is 9?:rofl::rofl:;)

oh dear, i see whats coming now...

Edited to add Dribble's family fly back on the 13th; the 12th is our last day with them, so sorry no babysitting services on offer. Sorry cant help this time!

stasia Jun 8th 2008 9:43 am

so, getting a bit closer now, everyone sorted their outfits?

simonmarkellis Jun 15th 2008 6:27 am

If i went as Kojak, would it be too obvious?;):lol:

Ted Logan Jun 15th 2008 8:02 am

Originally Posted by simonmarkellis (Post 6468045)
If i went as Kojak, would it be too obvious?;):lol:

Where's your lollipop.

I better sort something out myself ........ :o

donnaf Jun 17th 2008 10:33 pm

Do any of the porirua lot want to share transport - if there's enough of us we could get a mini bus and driver so all can drink - or I could drive there and leave my car and share a taxi back??? Open to suggestions.

stasia Jun 18th 2008 7:33 am

will be up for sharing don, if not enough of us i don't mind staying sober and driving us all there and back might be a bit too much cash from miramar to whitby.

simonmarkellis Jun 19th 2008 7:21 am

If we get a taxi or bus with driver, do we know what time we'll finish?

Ted Logan Jun 22nd 2008 10:36 am

Originally Posted by simonmarkellis (Post 6481461)
If we get a taxi or bus with driver, do we know what time we'll finish?

Well there's no closing time :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Catkin09 Jun 27th 2008 11:40 pm

Hiya

Can we come?

I will talk Mr Catkin into dressing up:thumbsup:

I will PM you too

Catkin