Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

TEACHING: SHORT/LONG/CASUAL RELIEF?

TEACHING: SHORT/LONG/CASUAL RELIEF?

Old Jul 1st 2012, 4:57 am
Just Joined

CRBGLH is an unknown quantity at this point
Default TEACHING: SHORT/LONG/CASUAL RELIEF?

Hello everybody. I posted recently regarding my teaching job that i am totally miserable in. I know it sounds extremely ungrateful given the current climate so please excuse me if it reads/sounds this way - it certaining isn't meant to.

If i am unable to secure another position (I am in Auckland at the moment but want to move nearer Rotorua), I will probably leave my job in the hope of getting some short/long/casual relief. So my question is as follows....what steps do i take in order to do this. Would i sign up to an agency like in the UK and if so, which agency should i consider?

Thank you
Isabelle
Old Jul 1st 2012, 7:26 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: TEACHING: SHORT/LONG/CASUAL RELIEF?

OK. That's fine. We are all here to help where we can.

Question: . Do you have NZ residency or not ?
Old Jul 2nd 2012, 4:13 am
Just Joined

CRBGLH is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BEVS
OK. That's fine. We are all here to help where we can.

Question: . Do you have NZ residency or not ?
Yes i do - i have a resident visa. Really hoping you can help :-) Thank you
Old Jul 2nd 2012, 5:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Caz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CRBGLH
Yes i do - i have a resident visa. Really hoping you can help :-) Thank you
i can't offer any specific advice on this i'm afraid but i just wanted to offer some sympathy as i know how bad it can be in a job you hate. I'm in the same position but unfortunately i can't leave as my visa is linked to my job. At the time i applied for my visa the job was ok and thought I could stick it out until I would qualify to apply for residency after 2 years but has got much worse the last few months. I can't even do much about it in case i end up loosing my job and thus my visa....waiting to hear back on my expression of interest at the moment!

Just want you to know that i can totally sympathize - nothing worse than being completely miserable at work!