British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Teaching quals assessment (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/teaching-quals-assessment-517837/)

j19fmm Feb 28th 2008 12:45 pm

Teaching quals assessment

Hi everyone,
I had my BED Hons assessed by NZQA in 1994/1995 and had favourable result. However we didn't move then and as ex threw all the details of emigration away - including birth certs, BEd certificate and assessment - I've been trying to find out if I can trace that original assessment.
I've emailed NZQA twice now, first time had reply saying it had been passed on, this time just a deathly hush. Anybody know a way to get an answer, a more direct line, or is it even worth my pursuing it?
Just trying to save some pennies.....:rofl:
Thanks

j19fmm Feb 28th 2008 3:29 pm

Re: Teaching quals assessment

Originally Posted by j19fmm (Post 5994462)
Hi everyone,
I had my BED Hons assessed by NZQA in 1994/1995 and had favourable result. However we didn't move then and as ex threw all the details of emigration away - including birth certs, BEd certificate and assessment - I've been trying to find out if I can trace that original assessment.
I've emailed NZQA twice now, first time had reply saying it had been passed on, this time just a deathly hush. Anybody know a way to get an answer, a more direct line, or is it even worth my pursuing it?
Just trying to save some pennies.....:rofl:
Thanks

OK sorry, FINALLY found the paragraph that says no reissue after period of 3 years. Means I'm going to have to go all through it again :curse:

spid Feb 28th 2008 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by j19fmm (Post 5994991)
OK sorry, FINALLY found the paragraph that says no reissue after period of 3 years. Means I'm going to have to go all through it again :curse:

Oo, hard luck! How annoying - have you got to get all new certificates too? I'm waiting to put mine in at the mo. Waiting for the right moment. Where did you do your BEd - I did mine at Bishop Grot in Lincoln.

j19fmm Feb 28th 2008 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by spid (Post 5995058)
Oo, hard luck! How annoying - have you got to get all new certificates too? I'm waiting to put mine in at the mo. Waiting for the right moment. Where did you do your BEd - I did mine at Bishop Grot in Lincoln.

Hi Spid, it's all a horrible nightmare. Need to apply for new Certificate, from a College that no longer exists so apparently its the Open Uni who hold the right to reissue a cert for me. Goodness knows how I get transcripts of the course - and do I really need it?? - seems daft as it was ok before. It's a Bachelor of Education Honours Degree not some obscure thing.
Birth cert easy to get hold of thank goodness.
Studied at West Sussex Inst. of Higher Education (1982-1986), sites at Bognor Regis and Chichester. It's now part of University of Chichester. Grief it makes me feel old just thinking about how long ago it was!!!
Did you get confirmation of how long you've worked for easily?
Good luck,

spid Feb 28th 2008 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by j19fmm (Post 5995116)
Did you get confirmation of how long you've worked for easily?
Good luck,

Still waiting for one job - had to go to the school as county was as useful as a chocolate fire guard, but the school was Ofsteded last week so waiting for them to recover - they are onto it apparently. I haven't worked that much as been bringing up the kids and moving (hubby forces) at the time (doesn't help with carving out a career)

Transcripts wise - I've only got a partial one as the college have lost 80% of my notes. From what I've heard as long as you can prove that you have done all you can to get a transcript actually having one isn't too important. Get someone to write a letter to say that the uni (as it is now) doesn't have your notes and is so unable to issue a transcript. As you say with a BEd it isn't rocket science to work out what the course was about! It's probably more for those with a generic BA where you don't really know what was studied!:thumbsup:

j19fmm Feb 28th 2008 4:16 pm

Cheers Spid, just read something similar about providing letter from Uni (or whatever) on another post in Teaching Abroad section. Can but try I guess. Trying to get every piece of paper together before even thinking of going further. Looking at jobs on offer but no use without the assessment I guess.Don't remember it being this hard when I did all this 13 years ago!!!