Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Teacher in need of help.

Teacher in need of help.

Old Aug 8th 2007, 4:49 pm
Just Joined

famousfive will become famous soon enoughfamousfive will become famous soon enough
Default Teacher in need of help.

Just posted this on wrong forum - posted on the introduction one by mistake 000ps

Anyone can anyone help please....

Me and my OH are hoping to move to New Zealand within the next 2 years. We have talked about moving either here or Oz for about the last 5 years but have now decided on New Zealand.

I am a primary teacher (39) (3 years experience) and OH has just completed a BSc degree - he's 42.

Do you think I am best trying to register with NZ teaching authority before we apply or after. Also not really sure what to do next. Have read lots of information but just want to know a good starting point really.

Thanks
Old Aug 8th 2007, 7:40 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: Teacher in need of help.

Try this as this site has heaps of information for those contemplating a career in primary or secondary school teaching.

http://www.teachnz.govt.nz/overseas-...ps-to-complete

Good luck.
Old Aug 9th 2007, 6:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by famousfive
Do you think I am best trying to register with NZ teaching authority before we apply or after. .

Thanks

I think you need to show that you have NZ registration in your chosen profession (what ever that may be, if it requires registration e.g. nurse, teacher, pharmacist etc) before you apply. I think there is a section where you have to fill in your registration number.

Can anyone help?

Gill
Old Aug 9th 2007, 7:11 am
Forum Regular

pauliz will become famous soon enoughpauliz will become famous soon enough

Hi Famousfive,

Im a nurse and I got a job via Geneva Health Agency,they are brilliant .They give advice on what needs to be done.There must be similar for teachers, but beware once you get involved things snowball and whilst we were planning on two years it has taken just 9 months and we move in 6 weeks.

good luck,

liz
Old Aug 9th 2007, 7:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

planty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Famousfive, can't remember the exact chain of events, but OH is a Primary teacher and had to get her qualifications verified before registering with the teaching council in order to get a number to put on the ITA or the points from the pool selection wouldn't count.
Does that make sense?
You have to do it in that order as the ITA has a life span of (forgotten that too) and it takes ages to the qualifications verified.

Hope that helps
Old Aug 9th 2007, 9:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Also send a PM to LplateKiwi, Nick's a teacher here too,should have some sound advice!
Old Aug 10th 2007, 11:50 am
Galaxy 1: Cadbury's 0

uk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Just posted this on wrong forum - posted on the introduction one by mistake 000ps

Anyone can anyone help please....
Going to send you a PM which should be useful - Carmen
Old Aug 10th 2007, 2:14 pm
Galaxy 1: Cadbury's 0

uk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by workingNOMAD
What is OH?

Is it some new trendy name for a same sex partner or something like that
Sort of - nothing to do with gender. OH = Other half
Old Aug 10th 2007, 11:28 pm
Forum Regular

Lplate kiwis x4 is just really niceLplate kiwis x4 is just really niceLplate kiwis x4 is just really niceLplate kiwis x4 is just really niceLplate kiwis x4 is just really niceLplate kiwis x4 is just really niceLplate kiwis x4 is just really niceLplate kiwis x4 is just really niceLplate kiwis x4 is just really nice

MY OH registered as a teacher here before we came over. If you want to PM us we can perhaps give some advice. I think his application was much more straightforward than mine for midwifery (we jump through hoops).
It's definately worth applying before you come, also maybe getting a job too as depending on where you live (and what you teach) teaching jobs are not as plentiful.
Old Aug 12th 2007, 12:28 pm
Just Joined

famousfive will become famous soon enoughfamousfive will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the help guys.

Received a message from administrator saying

"The administrator has restricted use of the private message system to members with more than 3 posts."

Does this mean I can't PM anyone yet or they me?
Old Aug 12th 2007, 12:33 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the help guys.

Received a message from administrator saying

"The administrator has restricted use of the private message system to members with more than 3 posts."

Does this mean I can't PM anyone yet or they me?
Just post anoher reply m8ty!!!
Old Aug 12th 2007, 12:43 pm
Just Joined

ooops have done it now and have picked up my email.

Thanks lardyl I'll get the hang of this forum soon
Old Aug 12th 2007, 1:01 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

ooops have done it now and have picked up my email.

Thanks lardyl I'll get the hang of this forum soon
Oh yeah welcome by the way from a 40-something BSc owner!
Good luck with the NZ-trail, it is worth all the aggro you konw!