Tea!!!

Old Apr 4th 2009, 2:50 pm
Forum Regular

Lee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud of
Default Tea!!!

Hi

We are visiting Christchurch very soon and i love my cuppa in the morning. Can i buy Tetley tea bags or should i take some with me? Its the little things that keep me happy!

Also we are going in autumn, whats the weather generally like? Do you get lots of rain?
Old Apr 4th 2009, 3:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Margaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tea!!!

Originally Posted by Lee Lee View Post
Hi

We are visiting Christchurch very soon and i love my cuppa in the morning. Can i buy Tetley tea bags or should i take some with me? Its the little things that keep me happy!

Also we are going in autumn, whats the weather generally like? Do you get lots of rain?
Take some with you they don't take up much room. The nearest we got to Tetley's on our visit was Twinings.
Old Apr 4th 2009, 3:14 pm
Forum Regular

Lee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud of

Thanks for the tip i'll put some in my case, my husband doesnt like twinings!
Old Apr 4th 2009, 6:28 pm
Just Joined

coast to coast is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lee Lee View Post
Hi

I'm guessing you're in the UK coming to NZ? I'm from Scotland ,in NZ now. I find NZ Autumn a bit like a Scottish Spring. Feb we had a lot of rain March and April have been dry. We've had alot of clear blue skies and hot sunny days March/April sometimes the air temp can be cool(and cooler in the shade) but other times it can feel like a hot UK summers day. So you can get away with shorts and sandals, if you're caught out though you'll get cold - trousers with a light top and a cardi or fleece for backup is a good way to go I find.
As soon as the sun goes down the temp drops quickly and can have a good chill to it, same with the mornings. When it's cloudy it tends to be pretty cold and can be a bit of a wind to. I don my jeans, winter woolies and boots, if the sun comes out though you'll cook.
So hope that's of some help, trying to be prepared for a bit all weathers is the best, defo. bring water proof jacket and SUN SCREEN
Old Apr 4th 2009, 6:47 pm
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

You can get PG Tips at our local Pak N Save
Old Apr 5th 2009, 3:30 am
Who loves you, baby?

sparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RobClubley View Post
You can get PG Tips at our local Pak N Save
can't get Glengette anywhere
Old Apr 5th 2009, 8:49 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by coast to coast View Post
I'm guessing you're in the UK coming to NZ? I'm from Scotland ,in NZ now. I find NZ Autumn a bit like a Scottish Spring. Feb we had a lot of rain March and April have been dry. We've had alot of clear blue skies and hot sunny days March/April sometimes the air temp can be cool(and cooler in the shade) but other times it can feel like a hot UK summers day. So you can get away with shorts and sandals, if you're caught out though you'll get cold - trousers with a light top and a cardi or fleece for backup is a good way to go I find.
As soon as the sun goes down the temp drops quickly and can have a good chill to it, same with the mornings. When it's cloudy it tends to be pretty cold and can be a bit of a wind to. I don my jeans, winter woolies and boots, if the sun comes out though you'll cook.
So hope that's of some help, trying to be prepared for a bit all weathers is the best, defo. bring water proof jacket and SUN SCREEN
Thanks very much, i'll try to pack a little bit of everything to cover all weathers!
Old Apr 5th 2009, 9:09 pm
Finally mesh free!

Vitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond repute

I find Twinings English Breakfast weak & insipid (liked it in the UK though ). Dilmah extra strong makes an excellent cuppa
Old Apr 5th 2009, 9:58 pm
Forum Regular

Soppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud of

I wasn't really struck on Twinings breakfast either. I plumped for Bells Finest Ceylon teabags which I really quite like. I too was a big fan of Tetley and might have to ask the in-laws to bring some over when they come in May.
Old Apr 6th 2009, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sparkie down under View Post
can't get Glengette anywhere
I've never heard of it, is it tea?!
Old Apr 6th 2009, 6:07 pm
Forum Regular

zoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nice

Does any one know if we are allowed to bring tea bags with us from the UK?
Old Apr 6th 2009, 6:33 pm
Forum Regular

dkb_herts has much to be proud ofdkb_herts has much to be proud ofdkb_herts has much to be proud ofdkb_herts has much to be proud ofdkb_herts has much to be proud ofdkb_herts has much to be proud ofdkb_herts has much to be proud ofdkb_herts has much to be proud ofdkb_herts has much to be proud ofdkb_herts has much to be proud ofdkb_herts has much to be proud of

Don't try to smuggle in any sort of food. There are sniffer dogs.
Old Apr 6th 2009, 6:53 pm
Forum Regular

sarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dkb_herts View Post
Don't try to smuggle in any sort of food. There are sniffer dogs.
But they're usually fine if you declare it and it's in an unopened packet that clearly shows what's inside. I've always got my rations of jaffa cakes through OK that way !!
Old Apr 6th 2009, 11:03 pm
Finally mesh free!

Vitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zoglet View Post
Does any one know if we are allowed to bring tea bags with us from the UK?
Yes, no problem at all as long as you declare them